Hepatitis Social Community
Extrahephatic???Navigation of site???

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Extrahephatic???Navigation of site???

Hello--I am new on here--I have had hepatitis c I figure about 35 years--I have had the elastograph and fibrosure blood test-A year ago my pcr was 14,500,000-In the last 5 years I have been dxed with fibromyalgia,gastritis,barretts esophagus,Raynauds,cryoglobulemia and recently hypothyroidism and celiac. At first all the diseases were seperate--then Drs felt they were all from hep--Now we are back to seperate again.I have been from rheumotologists to hepatologists to gastroenterologists.the elastograph showed I have an enlarged spleen--and wont give figures here--but liver in "grey area"--The fibrosure showed stage 1 fibrosis with minimal activity--So dont kno what to think. I am adversed to treatment--not even on my maybe list. I am cutting wheat from my diet--but the thyroid thing is giving me problems--I cannot take synthroid or armour--the tiniest bit throws me into hyperthyroid like felings--sweating,nervous--just out of it-What have been others experience? Are these all extra-hepatic meanisfestations or what? Im tired of Drs.and tired of being tired--Also since Im new--I dont know how to get hepatitis C and other things that are going haywire under the part that says medical --or something like that--all I have under that is thyroid--and how to respond to peoples posts--do I just click on report this or what?How do I navigate??-
Welcome to the forum!

I am not familiar with thyroid problems. A lot of your symptoms sound like typical non-hepatic symptoms of hepatitis C. My guess would be that you could probably get rid of many of them through treating. Since you are only stage 1, you should be able to wait until newer, less harsh, drugs come out in the future. This with proper monitoring of the progress of the liver damage.

the way you respond to posts is to scroll a bit further down ... under Back to Forum is a box with the title Post Comment. You type in the box and then click on the green button which says post comment on the bottom right
thank you Marcia for your input
The navigation is all at the top... spend some time on your area and understand it as it's pretty self explanatory.

As to the major issue of TX or not then I say there  is benefit in treating when it makes the most sense for you. I think within a year we will have at least Telaprevir ready to go and hope it will be widely available soon after that. I was clear in my 2nd week of TX and SVR'd afterwards. Likely the protocol will not be as difficult as the study and just as effective, so thanks to a bunch of us ginning pigs there will likely be something for you soon. Stage 1 can go up fast if you drink as I learned (stage 4 now) but the TX stopped the process and now hopeful I can have a glass of wine for my birthday someday... regeneration is available once the liver has stopped chronic behavior.

Good luck!
S