Hepatitis Social Community
Faith

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Faith

Hi, I wrote an article on "Faith in God" and it was deleted. It included a myriad of studies on Hepatitis-C. Instead of posting that article... would anyone be interested in having a list of articles from the past 10 years including different things that are beneficial to those suffering from Hep-C?

I see it is okay to post 1 study separately... such as the recent study about blueberry leaves, Vitamin D or Asparagus. Would it be okay to post them all together for people to study?
Tags: truth, study, faith
Discussions involving either religion or politics are expressly forbidden in this forum, Matt. However, we can’t prevent you from posting about fruits and nuts, unfortunately.

Bill
If you intend to post a number of links to studies the better approcah would be to post them in a single thread rather to create a thread for each one.  As you have seen, people start single themed studies all the time.  For reading ease it would probably be better to post them in a single thread if they are all readily at hand.  It help readers who selectively peruse threads.

As Bill points out religion and politics are expressly forbidden here.  I thinks it's beacuse some people can't tell the difference.
Hi Bill,

Okay, I understand I can't talk about God, Jesus, or use the word cure. ;-)

I have a difficult time understanding why it is unfortunate you cannot prevent me from sharing articles from the past 10 years about things that help people with Hep-C... It really makes no sense...
FIGuy - Yes, that's exactly what I'd like to do, post all of the studies together in one thread. The point of that is for easy reading/studying, rather than having to look for them all one at a time.
Bwaaaahaaahaaa!
I have a difficult time understanding why it is unfortunate you cannot prevent me from sharing articles from the past 10 years about things that help people with Hep-C... It really makes no sense... "

Because you can drink all the juiced vegetables, minerals and rocks that you would like but that will NOT cure anyone and we hate to give out false information here on the forum.

No matter what we try to be honest about it all, no matter how unpleasant the truth might be and someone might not want to hear it and prefer to stick their head in the sand but the truth is that ONLY interferon and ribavirin cocktails at this point in time are a CURE.

To use the word cure in conjuction with anything else is a lie.  Most people don't like when people lie and cover it up in religion anyway for a short reason.
"Cure" is a good thing to discuss here, depending on the context (you know, the Lazarus thing and all).  There was a recent thread about "Cure" vs "Not So Sure It's a Cure" supported by published documents.  I'm not so sure of definition of "published" though because just being in the cyber world could be considered "published".
I'm really doing you a favor with that suggestion.
I think the notion that people can’t tell the difference between religion and politics is delightfully funny, FlGuy :o).
Once upon a time we had a looooong juice thread, and the poster made many many promises to post lab results in support of his claims regarding the juice "cure" but although he claimed to have proof he never posted any.  This kinda shook my faith!
The Princess and Pea Soup

..............and once upon a time I laid on a mattress and I felt a tiny pea...it kept me awake all night....so I took it and threw it in the juicer with some carrotts, rocks and moss.  The next morning I had to move out of my castle and abandon the handsome prince because I had eaten the pea and had no proof that i was a princess.

But, I had the cure to hepatitis C and I came and shared it for free on the internet. Drug companies everywhere hated me and went out of business by the score. I feared for my life and started to pray and pray and pray every day until I became a nun.

The good news however though is stock in Conair (corporate owner of Cuisinart) went up greatly and I was able to retire a very wealthy woman and buy the castle out from underneath the handsome prince (who was horribly disfigured in an accident) and provide juice for the entire nation with my healthcare for free!

So much for religion / politics and juicers curing hepatitis C.
lol..... that is hilarious

Yall are mean. Let the guy post what he thinks could help other people.  It def can't cure you, but whats the harm in letting someone SUGGEST something out there that could help.  I've several posts about some members thinking that no one posts anymore, or it got boring.  Yea, I am somewhat new to this forum, and yea I read just about everything.  If people can't post something without being laughed or begged to stop by other users, sure some people are going to post.  If you don't like what people post, start your own d*mn webpage.  Yall should be ashamed of yourselves.  Apologize.  Oh, and if you want to attack me like you did this other guy, don't bother.  Im not sensitive, and it will just entertain me wildy.
LOL!
If you just knew the history, you would not say anything of what you just said. Nobody is going to attack you, because we all know that you don't have a clue about this matter.
IVE got the CURE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFnIP2NT5Yc&feature=related
BellaMamma

This fellow plays this game around here every so often - there is a LONG history behind why we are reacting to him this way. Changing his name a tiny bit doens't change who he is or what he has done (said) before.........we aren't really MEAN - we are actually kind of protective of the forum and it's patients.

"Once upon a time we had a looooong juice thread, and the poster made many many promises to post lab results in support of his claims regarding the juice "cure" but although he claimed to have proof he never posted any.  This kinda shook my faith!"

My parents have read the responses here too, and honestly... they don't care about getting all of their lab results to show everyone... that's the truth and is why I don't have them. All I have to show is 1 paper showing how my Dad usedto have Hep-C but is now clear of the virus... Both of my parents are on Facebook... the writing on juicing for hep-c is on my Dad's site, his name is Derek J. Chin.(AKA ZO)
My name is Matthew J. Chin, my Mother's name is Diana Chin. I'm a 3D Artist and I work in the video game/film industry.

http://members.shaw.ca/ancientskies/mattchin3.htm
"No matter what we try to be honest about it all, no matter how unpleasant the truth might be and someone might not want to hear it and prefer to stick their head in the sand but the truth is that ONLY interferon and ribavirin cocktails at this point in time are a CURE."

What about the recent article on Vitamin D causing much greater response rates to treatment? That is something that helps people get an SVR... maybe there are other things that help too? I don't know about you, but I think it's important to know and study.
While the vitamin D study does note an increased response in patients who take vitamin D, these patients are using vitamin D together with SOC drugs.  There is no mention of anybody clearing HCV without peg and riba.  I'm sure that vegetables and fruits (and perhaps their juices) will be beneficial to all, the fact remains that the only way to clear HCV is to undergo SOC treatment.

Post
Post
Post
Post
Post
One Thread All the Time - Another Great Example.

You say that your parents were cured by vegetables.  I was cured by ice cream.  Not much difference there.

We've all heard the same things over and over if you DO have something scientific and fact based to present then please do but if you are going to just make inane comments about juice curing people of diseases well........we've heard it all before and NOBODY believes it.
"While the vitamin D study does note an increased response in patients who take vitamin D, these patients are using vitamin D together with SOC drugs.  There is no mention of anybody clearing HCV without peg and riba.  I'm sure that vegetables and fruits (and perhaps their juices) will be beneficial to all, the fact remains that the only way to clear HCV is to undergo SOC treatment."

Hi, I am fully aware that Vitamin D was used in combination with "SOC drugs" causing a better outcome in the study. That is what I meant by asking the question: "What about the recent article on Vitamin D causing much greater response rates to treatment?"

Sorry for not being more clear.
I take 1000 iu of vitamin D daily, as instructed by my hepatologist and my oncologist.  I also try to eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables.  I believe these things enhance my overall health.  However, when it came time to treat for cancer I had success with the traditional chemo/radiation/surgery approach, and when it was time to treat for HCV I had success with the Peginteron/ribavarin threapy.  I am cancer free and SVR.  I would not rely on any herbalist or other practitioner for a cure, as western medicine has proven to me that my hope lies there.
Wishing you and your parents the best of health.

jd
"My parents have read the responses here too, and honestly... they don't care about getting all of their lab results to show everyone... that's the truth and is why I don't have them."

Nothing has changed here. All we want you to do is "Put Up or Shut Up"
"I take 1000 iu of vitamin D daily, as instructed by my hepatologist and my oncologist.  I also try to eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables.  I believe these things enhance my overall health.  However, when it came time to treat for cancer I had success with the traditional chemo/radiation/surgery approach, and when it was time to treat for HCV I had success with the Peginteron/ribavarin threapy.  I am cancer free and SVR.  I would not rely on any herbalist or other practitioner for a cure, as western medicine has proven to me that my hope lies there.
Wishing you and your parents the best of health."

There's no doubt in my mind that eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, and also taking Vitamin D helped to clear you of Cancer and HCV. I only say this because of the overwhelming evidence to support that claim. You were lucky that traditional treatment worked for you. I am happy for you and wish that everyone could be cancer free and have SVR.

My Dad's little Sister died from Luekemia at a very young age since the radiation did not work, he also has friends that have died from Hep-C on traditional treatment alone. Anything to help the odds is better than pure gold in my eyes.
I laughed, I cried, I was confused and read all the posts.  I agree, disagree,and am confused again!  LOL...I have done tons of research and to my understanding and from what I have read...there is no cure....the treatment, which I have went through, is not a promise that the virus will be stopped.  At this point in time, it is still in the experimental stages, some people clear, most don't or relapse.  There is so much mis-information out there, among the medical society and on line, this reminds me of another virus...HIV...if you study the facts of HIV, then compare them to HVC...it is the same.  Our government is in denial mode right now..not enough money goes to HVC research and the fact is..more will die from HVC complications by the year 2011 than People die from HIV/AIDS..Right now, one person in every twelve is infected with the virus, worldwide, and a large % of them do not know this fact.  I didn't, I worked in the health care world, had the virus in my body for over 30 years, had two children, and did not know.  Did not know..the virus cannot be killed by bleach..can live outside the body for 72 hours...they are not really sure how many ways this virus can be passed..my two children are not infected..my husband is..I never did drugs, drank alcohol nor practiced risky behaviors...people NEED to be aware of these facts..not fictions and get involved with true support of the people who are infected, care, hug, and listen, and tell everyone they meet...get tested..get knowledge,,get involved..I am and I am in Stage 4...my liver is not working right anymore, and the treatment did damage to other parts of my body.  

I just want to hug you all...care..listen..and say..we all need to understand and hold each person, infected, care-givers,friends, and loved ones in our collective hearts..hold each other up and not promise anything except that.

I Care..Kat
No one want to call the good results of current treatment a cure, but I don't know why.  SVR has proven durable for over 10 years now.  The results from HCV are VERY different form those of HIV.  With HIV, you must continue to take the protease inhibitors for the rest of your life.  If you reach SVR with HCV, you are done.

You also said that most don't succeed.  The SVR rates are about 50% for SOC and much higher with the new experimental drugs, so most will succeed in SVR which I think will be called a cure at some point.  If fact, with weight based riba and variable length treatment based on time to undetectable, it wouldn't surprise me if SVR rates were way above 50% with SOC drugs.
Oh my God, the Chin guy is back. Get a f-ing life before you cost some  desperate person theirs. Love to meet you in person....(prison?)  To Bella mama: Don't talk about things you know nothing about, it just advertises your self-righteous ignorance.  People like Chin and his juice-**** KILL people.