Hepatitis Social Community
Fear

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Fear

Fear alone scrambles my brain but I can get tougher!! Some of the things I have made it through in my life were really thorney but I fought back and I survived.Yes if nothing else I can represent my self as my own caregiver at that time.I have support of Griz and Ruby and my Mom .He would do what it took exept for Ruby ...she needs one parent here.Her brother is an amazing brother and maybe I can get through to him at least to hold the fort down.Every one send good thoughts my way I just talked to my son and he will come by to talk with me about this.Now it may or may not happen so good thoughts please!!!!!May go to Seattle with me!!
This is good news Cree. Don't be afraid. A transplant is a blessing,and your family will be your support. They just need time to process the information and adjust. They love you,and they'll be there for you. Grab your blessing. Make your appts. Would your son post on this forum and ask us questions so he can gather information? Would he PM with someone on the forum who has had a transplant or is waiting for a transplant? We can offer him support. Calm your fear.
advocate1955
I am not sure if he would post or ask questions but pray with me that he he will not become afraid or overwhelmed.I did tell him point blank this evening on phone that if these things aren't done I will Die.I told my daughter this afternoon also the one in Vancouver has known I have been sick for a long time too but backed off!I want to scream at them all and tell them you will have to live with this while I am sitting on God's lap being rocked like a baby.There will be no comfort for them!I I have always told the kids that whole world can hate you beat you  abandon you but if you have your Mom you will always have somone who loves you.If I am not here,well they have lost more than they can imagine.
Hi Cree!  I am happy to hear the news of your transplant.  Sounds like you will be around for a very long time.  I am sure your family and friends are in disbelief and shocked.  I agree with Advocate that it will take time to process all of the information.  I mean it's not everyday that we hear "mom needs a transplant".  Once they understand the reality they will support you and be there for you 24/7.  You know they will.

Just be sure and make all the necessary appts that you need to.  Keep on chugging and you will get through all of the this.  The support from your family, friends, and especially this forum will be overwhelming.

Take care of yourself!

Jules
  Yes, you will find the strength and support.  Take your mom with you, she is not too old to be your care-giver~  Once you are strong again, you will be able to care for her, when she needs it. Take all the support you can get, and keep asking for it.  
   I am praying everything will fall into place for you, you can do this Snow!