Hepatitis Social Community
Few questions for you guys!

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Few questions for you guys!

Hello it's been 1 month post treatment as of yesterday for my boyfriend WOO HOO! Getting better everyday. He wanted me to get on here and ask you all a few questions he had. He's really into organic eating, kind of a health nut. so here are my questions.
* Does anyone recommend juicing to help keep the liver healthy after treatment and if so are there any good books out there about it?

* Is it safe to take milk thistle?

* Are there any good books about supplements to help take care of your liver?

We asked our doctor but he's not really into the healthy juicing and stuff like that so he didn't know much about it really.
Milk thistle is fine.
Here's the thing about juicing~ it's actually healthier to eat the whole vegetable or fruit because when you juice, you usually throw out the fiber. We need that fiber for our digestion.

I have a juicer and I love juice but I drink it in addition to my fresh fruit, salads, veggies, etc, not in place of them.
The best thing you can do for the health of your liver is eat as fresh, organic and freshly prepared as possible.

( Your liver is a filter. If it doesn't need to filter out pesticides, herbicides and additives, it will be healthier)

Don't forget to exercise. That helps with digestion too.

Liver friendly foods include beets and artichokes. I can't remember the others but a google search should bring up some.
  I don't have any suggestions for books.I'm post treatment and have been juicing organic for 2 months now.I only juice veggies add always an apple,ginger,and one lemon to my veggie juice,and always celery to get some fiber out of the juice.I find it is a great energy booster,But it is important that you don't use your juices as a meal per say but something you drink with your meal.If you have problems with your blood sugar stay away from juicing fruits,if you have problems with iron levels stay away from dark leafy greens.I also figure post tx juicing helps replenish your body of depleted minerals and vitamins,helps detoxify your body from drugs we have taken and with juicing you get the nano water factor thrown in.So it can't hurt if your juicing what is right for you.

Congrats to your BF on finishing treatment and godspeed on the road to recovery.

Dannyboi7
congrats to your boyfriend.  he'll feel better every week.  i'm really happy for you two.  best wishes.  belle
Congratulations to you both.
Hope he is feeling better
Dee