Hepatitis Social Community
Fighting Back the Tears

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Fighting Back the Tears

For 35 weekends I've camped on the sofa and watched life pass me by.  There were many times I questioned whether or not my heart would keep beating or if it was going to beat out of my chest.  I've been dizzy, nauseated, and short of breathe for the entire TX.  Vertigo has been my constant companion.  I have half as much hair as when I started and my skin is leathery and has no color left (except for the rash!!)... I look like a character from Twilight.  My bones and joints ache.  And nothing tastes or smells right.  I WANTED TO QUIT SO MANY TIMES!!!!  I was never sure whether or not I'd make it to the end...but, halleluiah, I will do my last injection tonight!!!

Thank you!  Thank you!!  Thanks you!!!  Being a part of the MedHelp family has made this journey so much more bearable!!  I'm thankful for those who participated in studies to make these new drugs possible... it was devastating to not have any other options when I relapsed in 2003!  I'm thankful for the members who provide educated responses and back them up with links.  I'm thankful for the humor, the understanding, the shared frustration, and the kind words of encouragement!  I'm thankful for those who posted when they were scared and feeling vulnerable... it let me know I wasn't alone!  I'm thakful for those who share their tragic stories... it showed me how blessed I really am!  I'm thankful for those who shared their good news along the way... it gave me hope to keep going!  I'm thankful for those who go out of their way to advocate and spread awareness... especially while they're still treating!  I'm thankful for each of you and I love you all!

I'm especially thankful that I've reached the end... I did make it after all!!!

REALLY HappyByChoice today!!!
congratulations on staying and finishing the course you should be very proud of yourself.Its great to know that you found the light at the end of what seems at times a very long tunnel. Proud of you. All the best for the future and lets us all know how you get on. YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!!!
Congrats on eot and crossing the finish line.  Hope your recover quickly and we see your SVR post soon.  Best wishes to you.
I am so happy for you that it is over. Kudos to you, it takes a certain strength to get through that kind of TX and may take a bit to readjus, but you are now on the mend.
On to SVR!
Congratulations on making it through Tx. It has been a difficult road, but you made it. Now on to SVR!
Congratulations and I hope you have a smooth recovery and SVR. I can relate to camping on the sofa and your side effects as I've endured the same for 24 weeks.
Congratulations!  For someone who is just in week 8, it is posts like yours that give me hope and reality checks.  I read everyone's posts and I feel excited when folks are excited, I feel sad when folks feel sad, I realize that we are all scared sometimes and that is ok.   I know this is an individual journey that we must each make, however it becomes a journey that we all share through this site.  

I wish you nothing but the best!
Congrats you did it!  Now there will be no more fights over the fried chicken :)  Looking forward to your SVR post and enjoy those grandbabies.

Jules

Congratulations for having the staying power to continue tx. You have great strength of character to keep on going with what is not an easy tx. Now it is finished! Yay!!! Now for SVR. Please keep us updated.
There is no better feeling than being able to see the finish line and crossing it.  The victory is yours!  
and now you are inspiring to me as i am about to begin a 1 yr treatment. not even sure what kind....depends on medicaid.....pretty scary....stage 3-4.  again mortifed...
Congratulation!!!wishing you SVR and fast recovery.Naya
Congrats on reaching EOT.  I'm sending you best wishes for SVR!
Advocate1955
congratulations on finishing.  i'm so happy for you to reach EOT.  i look forward to your SVR post.  best wishes for your future.  belle
Thanks for all the kind words!!  NO MORE INJECTIONS LEFT!!!!!!

I did it! I did it!  I did it!
Aw now I'm crying! So very happy. You did do it! A new life that is virus free is yours! Every day will find you stronger and stronger. And moving toward SVR after SVR.
xo Karen:)
congrats.  That is a wonderful feeling to do that last shot.  Ribavirin for a few more days, and you are good to go.  Now let the hair grow and the muscles come back
frjiole
Congratulations on completing that long and very difficult journey - hopefully it was the hardest thing you will ever have to do. Best wishes for SVR and a full recovery!
Congratulations on finishing tx! You did it!
Schools out soon, no more pills... Wishing you the best!
C
I love hearing the joy! Congratulations! Life is just beginning again. Karen:)
Rah rah ree, you kick him in the knee
rah rah ras, you kick him in the balls.  

What you wrote was sadly funny in a beautiful way.  I bow to you, one hell of a warrior!  Good Job!
  Congrats on the end of your journey, and to a speedy recovery, and SVR~  Pay close attention to diet, and keep up on drinking extra water, I am still dehydrated, 7 months post~
Hardest thing I ever did. Its been a little over a year for me and I really dont think I have any sides anymore. You DID it!! Your a true warrior!!
I too have to congratulate you!! You have given me, for lack of a better term, hope! And echo your appreciation of this site.