Hepatitis Social Community
Fighting Back the Tears
About This Community:

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fighting Back the Tears

For 35 weekends I've camped on the sofa and watched life pass me by.  There were many times I questioned whether or not my heart would keep beating or if it was going to beat out of my chest.  I've been dizzy, nauseated, and short of breathe for the entire TX.  Vertigo has been my constant companion.  I have half as much hair as when I started and my skin is leathery and has no color left (except for the rash!!)... I look like a character from Twilight.  My bones and joints ache.  And nothing tastes or smells right.  I WANTED TO QUIT SO MANY TIMES!!!!  I was never sure whether or not I'd make it to the end...but, halleluiah, I will do my last injection tonight!!!

Thank you!  Thank you!!  Thanks you!!!  Being a part of the MedHelp family has made this journey so much more bearable!!  I'm thankful for those who participated in studies to make these new drugs possible... it was devastating to not have any other options when I relapsed in 2003!  I'm thankful for the members who provide educated responses and back them up with links.  I'm thankful for the humor, the understanding, the shared frustration, and the kind words of encouragement!  I'm thankful for those who posted when they were scared and feeling vulnerable... it let me know I wasn't alone!  I'm thakful for those who share their tragic stories... it showed me how blessed I really am!  I'm thankful for those who shared their good news along the way... it gave me hope to keep going!  I'm thankful for those who go out of their way to advocate and spread awareness... especially while they're still treating!  I'm thankful for each of you and I love you all!

I'm especially thankful that I've reached the end... I did make it after all!!!

REALLY HappyByChoice today!!!
24 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
congratulations on staying and finishing the course you should be very proud of yourself.Its great to know that you found the light at the end of what seems at times a very long tunnel. Proud of you. All the best for the future and lets us all know how you get on. YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!!!
Blank
1669790_tn?1333666195
Congrats on eot and crossing the finish line.  Hope your recover quickly and we see your SVR post soon.  Best wishes to you.
Blank
I am so happy for you that it is over. Kudos to you, it takes a certain strength to get through that kind of TX and may take a bit to readjus, but you are now on the mend.
On to SVR!
Blank
1815939_tn?1377995399
Congratulations on making it through Tx. It has been a difficult road, but you made it. Now on to SVR!
Blank
3159077_tn?1356034731
Congratulations and I hope you have a smooth recovery and SVR. I can relate to camping on the sofa and your side effects as I've endured the same for 24 weeks.
Blank
4652753_tn?1364585546
Congratulations!  For someone who is just in week 8, it is posts like yours that give me hope and reality checks.  I read everyone's posts and I feel excited when folks are excited, I feel sad when folks feel sad, I realize that we are all scared sometimes and that is ok.   I know this is an individual journey that we must each make, however it becomes a journey that we all share through this site.  

I wish you nothing but the best!
Blank
Congrats you did it!  Now there will be no more fights over the fried chicken :)  Looking forward to your SVR post and enjoy those grandbabies.

Jules

Blank
Congratulations for having the staying power to continue tx. You have great strength of character to keep on going with what is not an easy tx. Now it is finished! Yay!!! Now for SVR. Please keep us updated.
Blank
There is no better feeling than being able to see the finish line and crossing it.  The victory is yours!  
Blank
5045042_tn?1365893700
and now you are inspiring to me as i am about to begin a 1 yr treatment. not even sure what kind....depends on medicaid.....pretty scary....stage 3-4.  again mortifed...
Blank
2136167_tn?1374732251
Congratulation!!!wishing you SVR and fast recovery.Naya
Blank
Congrats on reaching EOT.  I'm sending you best wishes for SVR!
Advocate1955
Blank
1652596_tn?1342015226
congratulations on finishing.  i'm so happy for you to reach EOT.  i look forward to your SVR post.  best wishes for your future.  belle
Blank
2111792_tn?1342708227
Thanks for all the kind words!!  NO MORE INJECTIONS LEFT!!!!!!

I did it! I did it!  I did it!
Blank
1654058_tn?1376739127
Aw now I'm crying! So very happy. You did do it! A new life that is virus free is yours! Every day will find you stronger and stronger. And moving toward SVR after SVR.
xo Karen:)
Blank
223152_tn?1346981971
congrats.  That is a wonderful feeling to do that last shot.  Ribavirin for a few more days, and you are good to go.  Now let the hair grow and the muscles come back
frjiole
Blank
1840891_tn?1383280315
Congratulations on completing that long and very difficult journey - hopefully it was the hardest thing you will ever have to do. Best wishes for SVR and a full recovery!
Blank
3242988_tn?1359310116
Congratulations on finishing tx! You did it!
Blank
2114467_tn?1358213856
Schools out soon, no more pills... Wishing you the best!
C
Blank
1654058_tn?1376739127
I love hearing the joy! Congratulations! Life is just beginning again. Karen:)
Blank
1856494_tn?1340546214
Rah rah ree, you kick him in the knee
rah rah ras, you kick him in the balls.  

What you wrote was sadly funny in a beautiful way.  I bow to you, one hell of a warrior!  Good Job!
Blank
  Congrats on the end of your journey, and to a speedy recovery, and SVR~  Pay close attention to diet, and keep up on drinking extra water, I am still dehydrated, 7 months post~
Blank
Hardest thing I ever did. Its been a little over a year for me and I really dont think I have any sides anymore. You DID it!! Your a true warrior!!
Blank
4705307_tn?1404699240
I too have to congratulate you!! You have given me, for lack of a better term, hope! And echo your appreciation of this site.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis Social Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...