Hepatitis Social Community
Flavonoids to help Brain Fog?

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Flavonoids to help Brain Fog?

I found this little excerpt in an email from RealAge (I don't know how I got on their email list):

"Mind Your Flavonoids
The reason for fruit's brain-boosting effect? It's all about the flavonoids, those amazing antioxidants that fight disease and might be one of your best defenses against cognitive decline. In a study, people who had the highest flavonoid intake performed best throughout a 10-year period on tests of verbal fluency, logical reasoning, and visual memory."

So I'm wondering if anyone has actually paid attention to making sure their diet is high in flavonoids during treatment.  Can't hurt, might help....but looking for feedback.  

Will be doing a search on foods that are high in flavonoids..suggestions welcome.

Trish

Thanks for the info. I was taking them for something else. Now they are doing two things.
Dr. Clark says to take L-orthinine for the brain fog. It's an amino acid. It is also recommended over at alchemistlab.org - they prefer the asparatate and they carry it.
They also have something good for fatigue.
You don't have to swallow another pill to increase flavinoids.
Take the peels of a (organically grown) medium to large orange  and a lemon. Remove the juice but not the white part of the rind. Dice small, add enough honey to cover, heat. Cool and take a tablespoon daily.
way to go OH! sounds really good to me, thanks for the tipperoonie!
Its the white in the rind that is really high in flavinoids.
BTW: I read this recipe in a book about menopause.
i eat grapefruits everyday and i still don't feel too sharp...i would say it's from age but that doesn't run in my familly...think i'll keep the grapefruit thing going ..thanks for the info...billy
Grapefruit is one of my favorites, BUT it can interact with many meds - either making the meds more potent or diluting their strength, so it pays to google grapefruit plus drug interactions.  Then if you're prescribed something that disagrees with the fruit, you can take your meds enough hours sooner or later and no harm done.

But thanks for the info - and OH, for your recipe.  Sounds like candied orange peel, which I adore.
I eat a ton of fruit, bluberries,  clementines, apples,  what ever is good and in season, though have stayed away from the grapefruit :) Salads.  Veggies.    

There has been a lot on fruits and vegs that prevent and help, be interesting to find  out how it reacts with HCV.