Hepatitis Social Community
Go on and add me to that list....SVR!
About This Community:

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Go on and add me to that list....SVR!

So I just got my 6 month EOT labs back....UNDETECTABLE!....SVR!....CURED!

Not only that, all my other lab values are all in range for the first time since 2011. This feels really good!

I was a treatment naive genotype 3a with the IL28B CT allele. Diagnosed with Hepatic Steatosis. No fibrosis. I started Peg/Copeg TX on Sept 24th 2012 with a baseline VL of 12 million. Went UND at week 5 so since I didn't RVR, tried for 36 weeks of TX but insurance approved 28 weeks instead. I finished TX April 7th, 2013.

During treatment I developed tons of side effects. Psoriasis all over, joint pain, depression, etc. Dr. diagnosed me with psoriatic arthritis....said it was an autoimmune response to the interferon. I was miserable. After TX the psoriasis began to slowly go away. 2 months post TX I had a cortisone injection in my knee. That didn't help so I had another. The Dr. wanted to start me on Humira or Enbrel....I waited.

Long story even longer, ALL my psoriasis is now gone except for under 2 fingernails. But even they are greatly improved and I believe they will be 100% very soon. My joint pain is gone. I had it in my wrists, fingers, left knee. My left knee still has some slight pain but its soooo much better. The muscle in my quad has diminished so much from lack of use that I believe the pain is from that now and once I build the muscle back up, Im confident I will be pain free. Im very proactive in my recovery.

So, Im healing and feeling great. I was worried for a while that I would be dealing with the TX side effects forever but that's not the case.

Of course I want to thank everybody on the forum. Many of you helped me when I was treating and had it not been for you guys my doc would have stopped my TX really early when my ANC dropped low and he panicked. He had never heard of rescue meds but I was able to take him the literature provided by many of you talking about acceptable ANC levels during TX and neupogen which eased his mind. My doc was very inexperienced BUT extremely open to suggestions and listened and was willing to learn. I essentially treated myself from the info I got from you guys that I passed along to him.

You guys are great.

I hope and pray that all those still treating do so successfully and become cured. I also pray for those waiting to be transplanted and that they are able to do so successfully. This disease is awful and it hurts the afflicted as well as loved ones connected to them. God willing, HCV can become obsolete in the future with all of these new meds in the pipeline.

God Bless!

Evan
Blank
4670047_tn?1375734001
It's great to read your story. Just think there's a doctor now that knows  more about hep c. That's so cool that he was so open to receiving your help.                                                                                                                 Your blood work looks great!! So happy for you!! Now on to your new life!!
22 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1815939_tn?1377995399
This is fantastic news, Evan. Congratulations! Enjoy your new Hep C free life.

(It is also great to hear that your treatment side effects have mostly disappeared.)
Blank
4113881_tn?1390588112
Thanks Pooh! You were such a great help during my TX! I appreciate it very much!
Blank
4670047_tn?1375734001
It's great to read your story. Just think there's a doctor now that knows  more about hep c. That's so cool that he was so open to receiving your help.                                                                                                                 Your blood work looks great!! So happy for you!! Now on to your new life!!
Blank
Really great news guy...... Never get tired of reading SVR here.

Best to you
Blank
2136167_tn?1374732251
Congratulation!!!and Welcome to the SVR club!!!Enjoy your Hep C Free life.
Best news of the Day! Love Naya
Blank
Congratulations and well done luv Jules
Blank
3159077_tn?1356034731
Congratulations Evan, you earned it! I'm glad your side effects are diminishing and soon you'll be at full strength. You were a really good friend on here for me and thanks for all your help. Doesn't it feel like a huge load is off your shoulders and that you have a new start?

Take care and enjoy your new freedom from the virus.
Blank
1840891_tn?1383280315
Yippee! Congratulations, and welcome to the SVR club!
Blank
317787_tn?1373214989
Hey there! ABN! I am so so happy for you.
You have done a great job getting to this place.
Really great news to hear.
Congratulations!!!
HUGS Dee
Blank
CONGRATULATIONS Evan.
That is fantastic news. It was so worth it to go through the tx and put up with the sx to be cured of HCV. Now you are free to pursue your dreams whatever/where ever.
Am so happy for you.
Great news!
Blank
1747881_tn?1358189534
Big congrats on the SVR, wishing you all the best.
Blank
Congratulations! It is really great to hear of so many successful treatments! Looking forward to joining this SVR crowd. Best wishes and enjoy your life.
Blank
4113881_tn?1390588112
@ everyone

Thank you all for the kind words!
Blank
Wonderful!!
I am so very happy for you.
All the best to you in you and your new  virus free. life.:)
Riv
Blank
Grrrr.. typo.
Meant to say all the best to  you and your virus free life.
Blank
       big congrats!!  and thank you for all your insights and contributions.  enjoy.  barry
Blank
4652753_tn?1364585546
Great news!  I am very happy for you.
Blank
2111792_tn?1342708227
Add me tot he list of those who couldn't be happier for you!!  It is a wonderful feeling to have a new lease on life!!  Enjoy!
Blank
4384361_tn?1388979617
I am very happy for you, Evan!  I hope you recover quickly and you find that life is better than ever.
I want to thank you for the valuable information you provided me on IL28B testing etc. for 3a.  I was tested and found that I am CT.  I am now in my 38th week of 48.  I'm not sure I would still be here if if I didn't have this venue for support.
Rebecca
Blank
4113881_tn?1390588112
Wow Rebecca! Your almost done! Thats great to hear. Hope all is well with you.
Blank
2114467_tn?1358213856
Woohoo!
Blank
5720485_tn?1373566655
Great news, I am so happy for you!  And very grateful for all your support.
So now on to enjoy your hep free life.
Shyrl
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis Social Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979