Having to make do

So I am here at a ski camp in Colorado, living my last hurrah maybe and I'm thinking: "Wow, I really don't enjoy not having someone to talk to about Hep C". It seems like everyone else is so boring. Seriously. I think there are very smart people on this forum and it has begun to spoil me. Well, I get on the chair lift with this guy in my group and I ask him what he does. . . . .he's a GI and has lots of HCV patients. Whoa! And I don't even pray! So, the week has gone by with all sorts of great discussions. He even made use of some of my observations on his bad skiing habits. He told me, "man, I'm gonna have to do a couple more colonoscopies to pay for this trip".

Now, if that doesn't take the cake, I met a guy on the chairlift that has Lymes Desease. Holy cow. I know what it is because I used to hike alot, but now I'm thinking I'm a little luckier than I thought. He asked me if I would like to trade deseases, hahaha. Turns out he has had it forever, for a few years he was on constant antibiotic IV, and the spirokites are now living in his spinal fluid. Plus. . . . the desease is scarce enough that there is not much money being spent on research.

Terrific story! I think there a lot of smart people on this site also. I hope I am not bringing down the average wit by my comments.

I am green with envy that you are at ski camp! I practically grew up on skis, like a true native Utahn. Haven't skied much recently due to shoulder surgery a few years ago, followed by liver OTP and now HCV Tx. Sounds like it sucks to be me, but I'm actually pretty lucky. Hearing about the acquaintance with Lyme's Disease reassures me that there are so many people with problems I couldn't bear. Thanks for reminding me of that, and at the same time, hearing about skiing and hiking has brought me fond memories of younger days and hopes for the future.

If you are an SVR, and I hope you already are, congratulations. If not, I hope Tx, if indicated, will allow you to continue life on the slopes, summer and winter.

Scratchinghead .... if that's all your scratching, you must be through with the Ribavirin! hahaha :)

no, I haven't started treatment. Planning on waiting until jmjm comes up with a better solution. Watching my P's and Q's however and not getting too crazy on bad food.

Good luck on your tx. Utah is cool, wish I could afford to go there this year now that I paid a fortune for ski camp. My group's instructor asked me what I wanted out of the class and I said I wanted to become a skiing babe magnet. Well, I'm now headed out to buy some cologne and a new condom to put in my wallet. The one in there right now says "do not use after 1995". sigh

For the last week I felt normal. Ignored all the little vermin in my blood who were shouting "yippee! we're going skiing!! maybe we can trip him up!!!"

Scratch: The one in there right now says "do not use after 1995"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, damn, you've got me beat. I only counted up to 1800 or so, although I might have missed a few in the 70's.

Scratch: Planning on waiting until jmjm comes up with a better solution.
--------------------------------------
Studies suggest that once you pass the 2000 mark, the virus concedes that you're the better man and gives in. Given that new cologne, you probably have a shot at 2000 at ski camp. Please keep us posted.

-- Jim

Ain't planning on scoring anything. Hand would get jealous.

Oh, I just got your joke. "1995" is the year, not number of times. hardy har har

{blush}

Your skiing in Colorado? I have nothing to say! Too jealous! Hope all you score is a hand!
nah, nah!

LOL :} Haven't been back there in @20 years :{
Perhaps another after tx present for me!

Good story. Kind of reinforces how much Hep C is out there too!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!  Or are you back, as the post is 7 days ago??
D*m dingy brain!!

LL
......Oh, I just got your joke. "1995" is the year, not number of times. hardy har har
{blush} ......

Your slippin' here jm! Funny..... one thousand nine hundred and ninety five times!!  He rocks :}

LMAO!!

Yeah, I'm back, sigh, going thru withdrawals. Figured I reserve a bunk at the Peruvian Lodge in Alta, Utah for February. Thumbs got cold (-10 degrees). Bought new mittens that look like boxing gloves. Walking around the home right now wearing them. Typing is hard. Hand is complaining. . . . .Knee has me more concerned than the HCV right now. Osteo arthritis of left knee, don't want to overload on the painkillers becuase that is how I found out about this HCV in the first place (knocked me out). Figure I might as well because when I go on treatment, everything is going out the door I'm thinking. Common, Teleprvir! Common common common! {tapping foot}

I meant "come on", not "common". sheez