Hepatitis Social Community
Hello

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Hello

I hope everyone enjoyed Thanks Giving.I thought of many things to be thankful for and missed my family..
I was hopitalized this afternoon with a huge patch of cellulitis.The food in here is worse than jail food.I am going to have food brought to me tommorrow or I will starve to death.Lots of antibiotics and oxycodone.Hopefully I can leave tommorrow evening or the day after.Send me prayers and good thoughts for speedy healing I have an upcoming app. the 6th in Seattle and we are also expecting a couple of storms systems that could close the ppasses.Advocate...I will keep you informed if the plans get changed.
There only 6 patients in the whole hospital right now you would think they could make some better food.Wow I guess it's okay to whine about bad food better than the whining I do about other stuff,Heal well everyone.Creewoman
Hi Cree,
I got your note and replied.  Thanks for the update.  Sorry to hear about the cellulitis, but glad you got to the hospital where they can treat it for you.  Probably IV antibiotics, right?
Also sorry to hear about the bad hospital food.  I was in Virginia Mason Hospital a couple of times over the past four years for surgeries, and I hate to say it, but the food was really, really good.  I had lots of choices, I could order any time day or night, and things were prepared fresh.  I didn't have a lot of appetite recovering from anesthesia and surgery, but I couldn't complain about the food.
Keep in touch with me.  Looking forward to meeting you next week.
Advocate1955
Yes I'm here for IV antibiotics.It came on so swiftly and such a large area worried my PCP(he's great)!I could have tried daily injections as a cecond choice.It is three different antibiotics.I have chills and then sweats and fever,nausea pain and I am praying to get better or the Seattle trip is gonna be misery.As i said i another message If anything changes I will let you know.Thanks again.
More to whine about,my hospital gown just fell in the toilet.Don't know how the whole corner of it fell in!
Does anybody know any good jokes?
"More to whine about,my hospital gown just fell in the toilet.Don't know how the whole corner of it fell in! "

*******************
Thanks for the laugh Cree!  Sorry to hear your in the hospital but sounds like PCP was on top of things.  Hopefully you will make the Seattle trip and 2013 will be a better year for you.:)

Jules

Cree - the visual is hilarious!  I am glad you are keeping your sense of humor.  Good luck on this infection and I am so glad advocate is going to help you navigate in Seattle on the 6th.  Got my fingers crossed that the snow  storms will hold off.

frijole
How are you feeling today Cree?  Any improvement with the infection?
Advocate1955
  I will be praying for you, CreeWoman...I am visualizing your infection healing very quickly, and you are feeling strong for your trip to Seattle, and I am seeing sunshine, and no storms to prevent you from your Journey to Wellness.
  Take care,  Katy
Get released this p.m. but I will neeed to return for daily antibiotic injections.So it is still a wait for improvement...I for sure have to skip going to north dakota.If I am not well enough to travel he has offered to call UW for me to tell them I need a few days of recovery.Keep prayers going I just want to get there snd be safe at home with the first step made.I WILL keep in touch.Today I am going home to sleep more than 1 hour at a time.   Snow
Prayers are with you, Snow. Take good care.
Hope you're feeling well today Cree.  Sorry you have to return to the hospital daily for antibiotic injections, but so glad the treatment is working on the infection.
Advocate1955