Hepatitis Social Community
Help

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Help

I would like to report a theft, one of my stars has come up missing. Not sure if it was stolen or if someone kidnapped it. If anyone knows of its whereabouts i am offering a 5 gallon tub of icecream as a reward for its safe return.
Thanks for your help,

candoman
What flavor?....I'll give you my stars for some Moose Tracks =)

How the heck does one kidnap a star??
Thanks  isobella, but i have really got close to my own star! we had kinda formed a bond you know?

I've had one person offer to hold a candle light vigil and bake some cookies to sell but i'm hoping it don't come to that........... I'm really kinda broken up here:(

cando hoping
Did you get a demerit?  Were you sent to the naughty corner and told to sit on the naughty chair?   Can they take best answers away too?   Oh the horror.

I'll glady pay you a star Tuesday for ice cream today.
I'll help you find yours, if you help me find mine:):)
Chocolate......please
Could be, i've been know to get a "time out" every now and then........... As for best answers, don't know. I don't think i have to worry about that:)

Holding out hope,
can
I noticed you commented on one of Rockerforlife’s threads the other day; need I say more?

Bill
I think I know the answer, although Bill's was pretty good.  I think the stars are based on the number of posts.  But, I also think it's not a 'lifetime post' count.  I think that Medhelp counts posts over a recent period of time, like number of posts in the last six months or over the past year.  If that's the case, I'm surprised that MH has not made that fact knows to us.  It's in their interest to get as many posts posted to the forum.  It's like frequent flier miles.
I wish MH would make it clear , so we would know what's coming next:)
I don't have very many frequent flier miles...and that's A OK !
OK then don't anybody go on vacation or something or we'll come back and not have any anymore - then I'll have to go on a posting tirade about things like music videos and vitamins and latest news stories and post as many new subject of BS a day as I can come up with!!

Oh CanCan I certainly hope your lost star comes home soon. You should have given it a chip like you do to little doggies so you can find them if they get pilfered!
Hey FLG I'm not sure it can be frequent flier miles because I believe Cuteus is up on the list and my dear friend has only posted a few times recently in the past few years.......just thought of that.
Nygirl, if i had only thought of that before.

All, for some reason they won't let me off work for this, does anybody have any compassion any more? And the police said i have to wait 24 hours before i can file a missing star report.

People make sure you tell your stars you love them, they can be here one minute and gone the next...... Won't be able to be back on till later!!! PLEASE keep looking and thanks for your concern.

Sad candoman
It's very upsetting CanCan I put it in my mood to maybe help yours remember how very much it is loved ♥........star light star bright first star I lost tonight............

:(  *Insert crying face here*
Seems like FlGuy is onto something, Can-did. Gosh, he's smart.

Jmjm has over 17,000 posts and zero stars. Now there's a police report that should catch some attention.

Anyway, it's not bad at all to have four or three stars or zero stars.

You're still a ten to me, you four-star star. Enjoy your tub of ice-cream yourself and just make sure you get one that has millions of candy stars in it.
Yup. You're right.  I'm wrong. I guess I'll just thank my lucky stars that I haven't lost any.
I was basing my lousy guess on the basis of starless Jim.
"Jmjm has over 17,000 posts and zero stars. Now there's a police report that should catch some attention"

Something is seriously wrong here,this man JimJim is proberly the best person iever to ask  for help and giving info,why was he ignored?
I guess it IS like frequent flyer miles, if you don't fly regularly your lose your status. I went from gold, to silver and then to ivory.... all because of hcv and tx.... shite

Starry, Starry Night...

Now I think I know what you tried to say to me,
How you suffered for your sanity,
How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen, they're not listening still.
Perhaps they never will...
LOL Trin you got me now we know what CanCans errant stars name is.

:)
Maybe it's laying on the sidewalk in front of a Chinese restaurant or something?
Hmmm. I wonder if I'm missing any. Stars, that is.

Maybe it's a contest...the first one to get 1 zillion stars gets a free SVR???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dipFMJckZOM
I have lost 2 stars since the inception of the star system.  As I said a few weeks ago when the first star disappeared my self esteem is being chiselled away at :(

Even though I am being tongue in cheek when I say that, on a more serious note I dislike the star system, I dislike the idea that we are being 'judged' on our responses or number of, and I particularily dislike the fact that is based on quantity not quality.

I've seen a lot of stars on peeps that have not really contributed much to collective wisdom of the site.  Present company on this thread excluded.

Hurrumpfh.
"Hurrumpfh."

I like how you say that, Epiphiny. I couldn't agree more.
It's probably a good thing they took my fourth star away. I was in serious danger of taking myself seriously.
For about a minute.
Here: take all of mine.  I will be happy to smooth the way with medhelp if you can figure out how to do it.  Please.
By coincidence, I'm reading a love story called Wandering Stars, by the great humorist Sholem Aleichem.

Here's a quote from page seventy-one:

"Every star is a person's soul. Wherever the soul goes, the person goes. That's why we

imagine the stars are falling. But stars don't fall - they wander."

Here's hoping that your missing stars wander back to you.
Shooting stars are not even stars,maybe your star was:

Shooting stars are meteors, which are basically just lumps of rock moving at very fast speed. When the hit the earths atmosphere the get hot and start to burn up from all the heat that is generated. Where do they land? Most of them won't reach the earths surface as they are to small and burn up before they hit the ground. If they are big enough then they can hit just about anywhere.

http://sssf.byethost31.com/cosmology/322200.html
They remind me of Dr. Seuss:

Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches
Had bellies with stars.
The Plain -Belly Sneetches had none upon thars.
Maybe they were Converse All Stars

Athletic shoe is a generic name for the footwear primarily designed for sports or other forms of physical exercise.

They are also known as trainers (British English), sandshoes, gym boots or joggers (Australian English), running shoes, runners or gutties (Canadian English, Australian English, Hiberno-English), sneakers, tennis shoes (North American English, Australian English), gym shoes, tennies, sports shoes, sneaks, or torkies (South African English), rubber shoes (Philippine English) or canvers (Nigerian English).

You can SO have my Stars.   I think I've got two, but it's a bit like the ad-breaks - I really try not to even look!!!   Can I gift them rather than participate...

I have enough competition at work and don't like the idea of the star system dictating and distracting my psych from any effort I'm putting in to answer.  

Wow, I REALLY hope I get best answer on this one lol!!    Nice thread can-do - I'm sending you 2 shooting stars; you can have 2 wishes.
At least you are under the Southern Cross and you are one of the very few.  That count's for something. I'd trade in a star or two for that.
Have you found your star yet ;)
Maybe that star of yours is a rebel ... maybe that little star had a philosophical difference with the person who gave him the job of being a MedHelp "Top Answerer" star and while being YOUR star was kinda cool and made it a little more tolerable.....nonetheless jumped ship for sumthin else that sat better with your little star's outlook on things.  You know what I think, Can-do?  That your star is off to better things....like being the star in somebody's eye, kinda like the star I see when I see my big 6' 2" son trying out a mattress set, lying on his side, one leg bent up and it's all I can do to keep from leaning over and kissing him on the forehead right there in the store - think it's possible YOUR star made it all the way up to Canada and was the one in my eyes last Sunday?.... or the star that's given for something that truly means something recognizably wonderful.  Maybe...your star just keeps on a-moving doing his own special little star thing and was never meant to stay put at all  ... just goes on spreading starshine everywhere he goes.

I kinda think that fits for a Can-Do-Man star.....at least, I like thinking about it that way. :)

I
I think it was on flight 815 with Jack, Sawyer, Sayid, Hurley and Kate and then the big white light came and it started time jumping until the nuclear bomb went off and now it is a zombie star - stuck in between flash backwards, forwards and sideways'.

How will it end - will it be found? Will it find it's true love or has this all been a cosmic game of tag all along?
You should hire yourself out to write episodes for Lost ... .well, if they were continuing the show that is ... you could do a spin-off though.... "Lost in Space"   Hm.  That rings a bell .. perhaps it's been done already ... memories from my childhood coming up at me ...
Thanks all, your a caring bunch, you got me through SVR, PMS, and now this. Trish i think your right he was always more of a rebel. The odd star of the bunch.

I think hes out sewing his wild oats, so if any has some female stars be careful, i don't trust him.

In a way maybe its a good thing, after reading some threads on the other side it seems a few having all them stars really are starting to believe they are experts. Jeez if only my hepo knew about medhelp, all that schooling and money he spend to become an expert when all he had to do was post here for a while........ Oh well

Kristina, your way to kind!

Can

Danger Will Robinson Danger Will Robinson!
I hope your star didn't get a bad veggie burger.  He'll be spewing stardust everywhere.
I hope he didn't get star envy and run off with the moon!  ;)

LOL what was that little kids thing 'and the cow ran off with the moon?' no and the cow jumped over the moon? Why would I think of that now, bizarre how things just creep up out of your childhood! I think it's all the Lost in Space and Doctor Suess's lately that are doing it - God this forum makes me laugh we are all insane (but in a good way that is).

:)
Your missing star and JD's missing star have run away together and eloped.  They
are very happy and hope we are happy for them.  They will be back after a
nice honeymoon, and soon there will be a new little star!

May-be your missing star and JD's missing star have run away together and eloped.  They are very happy and I hope we are happy for them.  They will be back after a nice honeymoon, and soon there will be a new little star!

Along with my missing star...Twins ! ;)

Elaine

Ah ha, jd also has a missing star along with yours? Hmmm i bet that perverted star of mine ran off with yours, jd's and Kristinas. That lucky son-of-a-star.
Fi Guy - If being under the Southern Cross was sooooo good, I would've found a Southern Hemisphere Medhelp.   We may get the daily sun before everyone else,  but, despite modern technology, we're still just a little distant sometimes (no critisism on the planes that delivered the interferon tho!!).   Make sure y'all contact me if your heading to NZ.

Can-do - I found it!!   The Southern Cross has an extra star tonight.   Your wayward star is on a big OE.  I'll try to talk him into going home, but, in the meantime,  you can 'wish' him back by starting..... um...... about 20 more threads??
Boy CanCan that star of yours has been reaaaaal busy last night - gosh I hope he got some good wedding night presents ;) and that you took the time to give him a real expert talk.  But don't worry if you didn't you can sit down and compose him a nice long long long letter explaining everything you ever knew (or thought you knew) and straighten him right back out!

Now JDs little star........she's a little hussy I know her so you better be very careful, she's a wild one that little Methusala           ;)
Gosh, I had a dream about stars last night !!!
And I dreamed childhood songs about the moon!  Maybe it was me jumping over the moon - we are some team Angelgirl!  :)
You guys are nuts, good nuts!

Thanks for the laugh!
" I had a dream about stars last night !!! "

Me too. But then I do most nights. Probably a different kinda star though. Mine wear a lot of make-up and remain dressed only briefly.
Do you have some inside info????? Do ya think we are gonna be seeing some little baby stars?  Maybe triplets?
LOL, you make it hard not to laugh LOL

GSD, No , I have no inside info LOL but,  I think goof does:)
Hmmm...Perhaps your star is tee-pee creeping and making starlings (or would that be starlets?)...Anyone here notice a sudden increase in their stars? Any of them look like Can-do's? LOL ;) ~MM
Well if that star of mine is out playing the "big dipper" he best not bring any little star rats home with him, no more "milky ways" here.

NY.......... But don't worry if you didn't you can sit down and compose him a nice long long long letter explaining everything you ever knew.

Now thats a good one unless you consider a paragraph a long long long letter.