Hepatitis Social Community
Hep C commercials

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Hep C commercials

I saw a commercial in Maine for the first time last night and it ran three times. I saw one in MASS about a year ago. It's about time they start educating about it. Maybe the new treatments has prompted them!
Hi Rocky

If it is the same commercial I saw I followed the link they listed and found out the sponser was Gilead Sciences promoting Sovaldi.
Still I was excited to see the commercial getting the word out.

At my Dr's office they now has a questionnaire asking if the patient has been tested for hep c so that is great!

Lynn
Yes I have seen the same commercial several times on NBC, glad too see it. I didn't even know I had to ask to be tested, I figured if there was nothing showing up in regular blood panels I must not have it. I know two people who are not doing anything about their hepc, but are trying to get insurance with the new programs. It is the dawning of a new day—maybe this will be wiped out in our lifetime.
I started seeing the Gilead commercials on the US west coast.  Great commercials telling people to talk to their doctors about Hepatitis C and new treatment options.   I was surprised to see it on prime time TV multiple times.

The present and future.... is looking good for those with Hepatitis C.
Just saw the first one from Gilead tonight during the news with Diane Sawyer.  www.hepc.com
yep I posted that on my FB.  FB  good for something finally.
HEP C HOPE.com gives directions to help for latest treatment options.  Just saw this on TV.
Found the Link!

http://www.hepchope.com/
I just saw this commercial as well.  I liked the "forget me not" line
I haven't seen them in Maine yet...or the Mass stations.....
I wish they'd get it in gear & get everyone aware..
I was actually thrilled to see a commercial about Hep C.  After having this d*rn disease more than 1/2 of my life, I am glad to see that some company has finally taken the initiative to get a commercial out 'there' about it.  

Susan400
I finally saw the commercial by Gilead. Some never understood what I was talking about. Hope it makes some get tested. Because asking them isn't working!
i'm so relieved to finally see a commercial during prime time!  it's been a long time coming.  more people need to find out about this horrible disease before it's too late for them.  take care.  belle
I see it here & there now...Nice to get the word mentioned across the airwaves...