Hepatitus C
Working with the treatment for Hep C...does it dibilitate you to the point that you can't work?
Although only in my third week of tx - I have managed to work and some overtime - manage grocery shopping - care for dogs, water plants keep house.  I did have to hire a housekeeper to help out.  Work Monday through Friday - shot on Friday - worthless on Saturday - moving around a little on Sunday - slowly but surely back to work on Monday!!
I was on treatment the first time for 6 months and missed maybe 2 days of work. I've been on it 8 months this time and think I missed one.  The treatment (tx) affects people differently.  A lot of facotrs come into play.
It can but depends on many factors such as duration of tx, dosage, age and the type of work you do, etc...
In practice it is very hard to tell. Everyone responds differently.
As for me I am week 42 and managed to never miss a day at work. I did notice though that the drugs build up in your organism over time, so I only started to really fell side effect such as fatigue in the 3rd month and after. I would say it is worth trying in any case. Worst that can really happen is that you'll need to stop, reduce dosage or use rescue drugs to keep going at the same dosage. Good luck!
I think it depends on you and what you call "work" , maybe if its sitting in a bureau for 7 hours its ok, but if you have hard physical labor its not always ok...i had to stop for three month after my second month bitherapy-treatment and only now i go back. But i understand you in the USA have not the same social security we have in France, which here helps you staying at home-thanks to that bad,bad communists in the years 1930-40...;-)