Hepatitis Social Community
Hoping things stay this way

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Hoping things stay this way

Hey everyone I just started my 3rd week off with a shot of Pegasys this morning. I might be getting a job at a royal farms store up the street I'm really excited but I always have in the back of my mind this treatment so far I haven't had any side effects to complain about(grateful of this) but  starting the Vic in two weeks I just hope things stay going well I really need to work to take care of myself I've been unemployed for three weeks now and it's really depressing me I'm a worker have had a job since I was 16. I'm pretty sure they will hire me here and I just pray I can work there and get through this treatment with no problems.  I go to the docs tomorrow for my 2 week chek up maybe ill here some good news like I only have to do it for the 24 weeks
Hi jackelyn, its very difficult to predict how each person will respond to trt, so all you can do is be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.  It is good to have a backup plan for when things do get difficult, since the sx may sneak up on you as the weeks progress.  All you can do now is try not to worry, stay as positive as you can and try to be as compliant with the meds as possible.  Stay hydrated to minimize the sx and rest when needed.  Having only 24 weeks is a bonus and hopefully you'll coast through with minimal sx.  Best of luck to you and let us know how you're doing as time marches on.  
Previous poster as some great advice,stay focus and whatever happens make getting rid of this virus your priority,jobs come and go.

Best wishes

Dannyboi7