Hepatitis Social Community
How can we privately seek email addy's here on the Comm Forum ? Ca...

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

How can we privately seek email addy's here on the Comm Forum ? Can we? thanks!!!!!!

ditto to my question...any info would be appreciated...
Hi everyone,

We're working on new software that will allow you all to communicate privately - yet annonymously!  We're hoping to have it ready to test soon!

We appreciate your patience.

Cindy Thompson
Med Help International
yes, that would be good!
haven't seen you around as much these days. hope all is well and also hope your sister is doing better.

see ya later, time to eat dinner. bye for now!
thanks MedHelp, I remember you speaking of something like this, thanks for updating us, it would be great...I should of took your advice a long time ago on this issue....

MY Own...nice to see you too! hope you had the best holiday...thought of some of you yesterday as I was dropping some serious dinero on some supplements, ha ha ha!they should give me some stock....
You were one of the people I have been wondering about. I kept thinking of different people who had not been posting but after I started I got brain freeze and couldn't think of names. I have noticed several posts today on the forum, so I'm glad you have reappeared. I use to get so tickled by Paris47, do you remember her?
Bug
Thank you,  That has been one of the very few cooncerns I have had with the forum...  There are just times when you want to ask someone something without the whole forum chiming in.  
great news.  That would be a nice feature.
hey bug,,,,another person that seems to be missing for a while,,long while,,is 'Way.'(unless I have missed the posts)  I don't know for sure, but I think Way is a female,, she was posting alot at one time. I hope all is well with her...yes paris too, she was here and now gone. hope they touch base and let everyone know how they are.
Thanks for listening to us as usual. I can't thank you enough for this forum.
Janice
Yes you're right. Where do people go when they stop posting? I know there's a slew of people but I can't think of their monikers.
Thats a good question,,,I often wonder how people can come here for support and then one day just never show up??  We are missing quite a few when I tx'ed and I always am hoping that one of them would check in to let us know how they are doing.  Maybe some no longer have computer access and others all say they are getting on with their lives which I agree but I still check my email daily etc....so even checking in here once in awhile would only take a few mins.  Its a mystery lol
One method would be to join another forum in which members can contact each other privately though PM's.  The most secure method is one with which members must become members; guests can't "see" private information or PM (personal mail) other members or guests.  Often when becoming a member you must provide a functioning e-mail account. I'd suggest BOTH using a "throw away" account; (not your #1 addy) and I would suggest checking the box which will make your information "invisible" to others on the forum (if a choice is given).  I would still be cautious about giving it out and remain careful about giving out personal information.

Be careful if doing the above.  There's no way of knowing for sure that the person posting is actually who they say they are.  I could for instance, decide that I would join a forum using the name Grandoak or Rev.  I'd suggest rather, signing up somewhere first and then mention to another member that they can contact you at XYZ forum.  If they read it here and see your posting tagline they will know that it's "you".

You can use a HCV bulletin board or really any kind.  It could also be a forum on dogs, cars or sports.  If there were a group that wanted to communicate it might be easier to pick a site mutually agreeable to others so that you could just go to the one site; not 36 sites to communicate with other members.

Another safe route might be trusting the owners here to forward an e-mail addy to another member.  I don't know if they would be willing to do that, I imagine they are very busy with the everyday work of administering the forum(s).

Just a few ideas....

Best,
Willy
Hi Willy,,,Does seem like alot of work just to communicate or ask a question.  I really don't mind anyone knowing my email address and only reason I don't post it  over at medhelp is that its a no no.  I figure if someone needs help,,,,I would be glad to help out.  And worse case scenario,,,,someone you don't want to email back,,,you just don't.  If someone pretends to be someone else,,,,then,,,lol  I guess if they are going to work that hard to communicate with you,,,,,then they really need someone to talk to.  However,,,,I do know that lots prefer their email to be private etc and maybe this new idea of medhelp will provide that privacy!
Yup; you are correct.  There is sometimes reasons for the anonymity.  I recall once signing an online petition only to find my name address etc as a matter of public record.  On occasion you'll hear about people who get terminated from their job after disclosing.  Obviously many more may have a very positive result from disclosing, but if you keep the info private it is not an issue (or less of one).  

When you post on boards you often end up making very close friends that you wish to communicate further with.  I think it helps us all to have infected  friends that are walking the same path.  

You just don't always want to talk about HCV.  Often such personal or small talk is best handled off the board.  Furthermore.....on occasion there are things that are personal that one simply doesn't wish to share.  Perhaps that might be due to being a newbie or discussing a delicate matter.

I don't know about the hardware involved in adding such a thing to this forum.  There are some great bulletin boards out there.  It's entirely another question adding them, spicing something onto this board.  I was just bringing up a method that could work.  No doubt there are many here that would enjoy being able to write to each other off-board.  Perhaps there are also other methods available.

Best,
Willy