How to say thank you?!?
I'm feeling very grateful today that I have such an awesome husband who takes such great care of me!!  He knows just what to do when I'm having a bad day... he doesn't try to fix things... he just helps me to get myself through it!!  Sometimes it's a slow dance to Norah Jones in the middle of the livingroom, sometimes a comedy movie, and sometimes he just sits with me and holds my hand while I cry!!  He listens to every complaint and always knows what the latest lab results were!

After some confusion about my classification from prior TX, it was finally confirmed yesterday that I will do 36 weeks instead of 48!! (7 more injections and 8 weeks of pills... and then the waiting!!)  I've spent the morning trying to come up with a creative way to thank my hubby for getting me through this round of TX... must be brain fog... I can't think of a thing!!  

After my last TX, I surprised him with a week-long trip to visit his best friend across the country.  I made arrangements with his boss to have the time off (he was aware that I was doing "chemo"), bought the airfare, packed his bag, and drove him to the airport.  I also put 3 greeting cards for each day he would be gone in his bag... each one labeled with the day and time he should open it.  Each one a little more suggestive than the last  ;)!!  His friend was just here for a week at Christmas, so I'm really looking for something different this time.

Anyone have any suggestions or recounts of ways that you said "thank you"?  What would you men appreciate receiving?  What have you ladies done?  I thought about a road trip to visit historic ball parks with one of his buddies (Wrigley Field, Yankee Stadiem, Fenway Park, etc.).  A new truck?  Or maybe a new gun before the laws change?  Hawaii?  Vegas?  Tickets to an event?  

I can't wait to see what you have to suggest!!
Maybe a free ticket to the local strip bar and a bunch of dollar bills.

Free carwash passes at the "honk honk" topless carwash???

Now don't beat me up, remember you asked.........:)
  Cando as a point there,just wait until your libido kicks back in and give him a night to remember.

LMAO!  You're asking this group of guys what they desire??  Make it the best 10 minutes that he'll remember :- /~  

But seriously, you know your hubby best.  I'd think the thing he'd desire most is to see you SVR and live a happy, healthy, loving life as long as you both are breathing.  You're fortunate to have an understanding spouse - mine was also, although it took a period of adjusting and understand at first.  I'm sure you'll come up with something you'll both enjoy - for more than 10 minutes - ha..:)
"Make it the best 10 minutes that he'll remember :- /~ "

All I can say fi guy is WOW!!! 10 minutes hey?
You guys are hilarious!

I do hope that you (Happybychoice) are not offended. I was very touched by your husband's caring for you and your love and gratitude for him.

Vacations, favorite man toys all those things are nice, but it will be your dedication to him and the energy you put back into your marriage when you feel strong again that will give him the most pleasure, I believe.
There is nothing like having someone to laugh at your jokes, give a bubble bath,share a meal with and just do some quiet star gazing with.
I am sure you will get in the groove as your energy returns.
All the best to you both.
I love what you did for your hubby first time around, so something like that is good. A special guy deserves a special thank you. Can-do, flcy, and Danniboi, you may each take a seat in separate corners of the room! Does he like camping, hunting, or fishing? Hiking? Rafting? Maybe buy him and a friend some type of guided adventure? Fishing in Baja? Helicopter over grand canyon? Hike up to Mauna Loa? A week long road trip around the Olympic Peninsula loop with walks in the rainforest?
Advocate1955
Three different people have popped their head into my office this morning to ask what I'm laughing about... you guys really crack me up!!  No worries... definitely not offended!  We are very happily married *wink! wink!*, but at this time in TX I would have to "thank" him three times to use up ten minutes!!!

I still have 8 weeks, so maybe I'll take hubby into that last empty corner and we'll see what we can come up with together!!

Thanks for the laughs and the suggestions... I love you all!!
My co-workers have all been so sweet that I'm hosting a candy buffet in my office to thank them.
Aww, sounds like you're the sweet one.  Such a nice thing to do.  A word of caution for Can-do.....   His nickname is the Candyman and he's known to bribe the cute gals with sweet candy...  Don't say I didn't warn you.  :-))
   Hmm, that's a tough question.  You know his favorite things~  
My husband is disabled, so I got him the cutest little companion dog, that rides with him in his wheel-chair, a darling chihuahau, who is devoted to him, and brings him great joy, when he is in pain.
    Personally, I would love the trip to Hawaii, as I have never been there myself. I think it would be nice for you two to lie on the warm sand, bathe in the warm sea, etc.

Sounds like you two have a great relationship, I'm sure he will be just happy to have you healthy.

You say "I would have to "thank" him three times to use up ten minutes!!!"

Thats odd, my wife says it takes me three times to use up 10 minutes, not sure what she means by that though..:)....... I'll just leave the candy buffet alone fli guy.

Wishing you both the very best
Awe - that's gotta be the sweetest post I've read on this forum. Your husband is a lucky man - not everyone's kind actions go noticed. And so are your office mates.

I like the ball park trip with buddies - and when he gets back surprise him with the best 90 minutes of his life (that's right - there is a zero after that 9)

But I agree with Dannyb - wait til that libido comes back (does it?)

rk

Ha! :)
Yeah it does.
reading your post brought tears to my eyes.How wonderful to have such a caring husband.I wish you always healing and  for you both to live long.
snow
  We have a high-end and legitamate Hot-Tub and Sauna Spa near-by to where I live, that sells coupons for all kinds of different massages: hot rock, Swedish, etc.
  Both of you could go, and take the sauna (which may help sweat out some of the residual Riba, post Treament) and then adjourn to your seperate massage tables, for a one hour intense massage~ or even a 90 minute one!