Hepatitis Social Community
In Memory of beautiful Nick

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

In Memory of beautiful Nick

I wish I had the words to comfort you,
In all your pain and grief.

But I know there is nothing I can say or do,
to help you find relief.

Your numbness will soon subside,
and the pain and tears will be real.

Just remember no matter what,
It's ok to feel what you feel.

Each day may seem like a burden,
sometimes it will be hard to face.

But they will never stop loving you,
just because they're in a new and better place

They will live on in your hearts,
you will all have memories to share.

And when your time on earth is through,
with open arms, they will be waiting for you there.
My sincere condolences.

Mouse

A wife who loses her husband is called a widow.
                    A husband who loses his wife is called a widower.
                     A child who loses his parents is called an orphan.
                   Yet there is no word for a parent who loses a child.

That`s how awful the loss is.  

My deepest condulences.

Jan

I am deeply sorry for your loss.  I will still pray as you go thru the difficult days ahead. I am sending you love and hugs.  God Bless
Oh Elaine,
I can only imagine your grief this day. I continue to pray that God will keep you strong and give you His peace, the Peace that passes understanding. Nick's fight is over and I trust he is at peace...a place of no tears...pure eternal joy...no more suffering. That is my prayer today.
Sincerely, with much sorrow for your loss

Yvonne
My heart goes out to you and your family. The memory of Nick and the love you share will live on in our hearts forever.........

Thank you for sharing him with us......Pam

Elaine,

May you find peace, my heart breaks for you.

I'M FREE

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God has chosen for me.
I took His hand when I heard him call;
I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way;
I've now found peace at the end of day.

If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joys.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss;
Oh yes, these things, I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow
Look for the sunshine of tomorrow.

My life's been full, I savored much;
Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.
Perhaps my time seems all to brief;
Don't lengthen your pain with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and peace to thee,
God wanted me now-He set me free
Author:  Shannon Lee   Moseley.

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just as the moment when someone at my side says:"There, she is gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: "Here she comes!"

I'm so very sorry Elaine, the above brought comfort to me during my grief throughout my life and I hope it'll bring you a bit of comfort as well...
enigma

I think that it would be nice, if as friends of Elaine and nick we could make a donation to the American Liver Association, or Organd Donors association in ick's name or send something to Elaine.  i would like to do something...
"Why does God wait to answer our prayers for healing until the other side of the grave?"

I don't know.... I only know he led you here and I hope that by sharing your grief we can somehow diminish it, even just a tiny little bit.

Thoughts and prayers for the ones left behind on this side. We hoped and prayed for a new life for Nick, a rebirth......I never expected this to be an answer to my prayers.

My dear sweet friend.....

Hugs,
Bug
I do not have the eloquence that so many here have.  

I can only say very simply and with lots of love, that I am so sorry for your loss.  

You are an amazing woman, amazing mother.

Your love for your son will last forever.  His love for you will last forever.  

The support you have given me in my fight has made a difference in my world.  I think that seeing the love on these threads has made a difference for many of us.  That is how strong your love is.  It touches us all.

I will be praying for you.  Thank you for giving, and sharing with me.

Lisa

My family and I would like to offer our sincere condolences on the loss of your precious son Nick. We are so sorry for your loss. Nick is resting peacefully now and has moved on to a better place. May God cast his blessings down upon you and comfort you in your time of need.
Rita, I'd like to do something as well....I'm thinking some direction will come soon enough as to what Elaine feels will honour Nick most and we'll see what we can do in whatever way.  
I don't think Nick ever posted here himself, but for the past few years your accounts of his  bravery and courage has made him an important part of our community, inspiring so many of us. Your love and devotion has also set a standard for those looking for ways to help those that need help.  I am so sorry about Nick's passing. You both tried so very hard and fought so very bravely. Nick's memory and your devotion will always continue to live here. May God and all those that offer prayers be with you in this very difficult time.
   Perfect words jmjm, very true. What an inspiration Elaine has been here, what unity, support Nicks journey brought out in people. He brought out so much good, added much to this world in his short life, that many never do.

Elaine....I just called all 3 of my sons, you know I have talked about you both, asked them to pray for you both. They also send their condolences and prayers for you.
I also told them how very much I love them......

God Bless you Elaine, be beside you and help you through this, Lauri
I'm so sorry dear.  

Willy
I am so very sorry to hear about Nick. Jim's words speak for me as well. You both were an inspiration to us all.  You both had become very dear to me. May God Bless you.  Merlino
My deepest sympathies to you and your family on the loss of your son. No words can express a parent's grief nor relieve them during such a loss as this.
May God bless you  and my prayers will be said for Nick and his family
Candles Burning here too !Three Roses on My Table For You and Yours.
God Bless,
Tammy and Family
Rivers of tears, oceans of hearttbreak..I am so sorrry.

Foofighter
There is one thing we all could do as long as its in our beliefs, and that is to make organ donor awareness more out there, word of mouth, newspapers, elected officals, ect.

Elaine again i'm so sorry.

cando
Dearest Elaine,

These are the lyrics of a song my husband wrote, when his Auntie lost her son. And now we would like to dedicate it to you. With love... Marcia and Moussa

MA KANA KASI (Mother Don't Cry)

Every day carries a goodbye
And maybe a loving glance we won’t forget
A night will come for the soul to rest
When the day’s work is done there is no regret

Oh woman don’t cry
Oh woman don’t cry

Kana kasi,
( don’t cry )
Ma kana kasi,  
( mother don’t cry )
Mogo laban tiogo dé kagélin,
(the way we leave this world is what’s important )
Kana kasi,
( don’t cry )
Saya té masi to,
( death forgets no one )
Mogo laban tiogo dé kagélin,

Woman don’t blame the sky
Listen to the whisper of God instead
Your son left on a good day
Leaving the fuel of his love to make your heart glow
Oh woman don’t cry

Kana kasi
Ma kana kasi  
Mogo laban tiogo dé kagélin
Kana kasi
Saya té masi to
Mogo laban tiogo dé kagélin

I know you still feel the pain

Kana kasi, kana kasi
Ma kana kasi By Moussa Diallo

Just beautiful!!
I'm sorry, I mixed up the happenings.

Moussa wrote this song for his step grandmother. Her son (his step uncle) passed away of the same causes and at the same age as your beloved son.

May they both rest in peace...

God bless, Marcia
Oh, dearest Angel...

I'm so saddened and shocked... can't believe this happened...

My sincere condolences and love.

Hugs
I am so sorry for your loss.  
Kathy
You have my deepest sympathies Elaine.
Love,
Michael
I love you my friend and now how difficult this is for you.  Soon you two shall be reunited in eternity, never to cry or have pain only to live with the Lord in His greatness forever and ever. I am so thankful that you have that truth to hold in your heart. As hard as it is, it is not forever although it seems so now. The Lord is with your precious son and loves him even more than you although it seems impossible, he is happy and at peace and loves your with all of his heart.

I am so sorry for this loss - there are no words to relay the pain that we feel for you as you miss your son.

Love,
Debby
I know your loss is more then you can bear right now - I lost my step son when he was 15 to suicide - I was in greif therapy for almost a year and learned so much about the process. Support is the number one thing and expressing yourself and keeping a journal - this site is all of the above and i am so thankful that you have these wonderful friends in your time of need.

Please know it will get better because you have his loving memeories to hold forever. Jmmy has visited me quit a few times to let me kow he is OK - I love that.

Inner Tempest Stilled
By Beenie Legato

Sometimes I sense a little flutter.
Like a shadow swiftly slipping by.
Or I hear a silent, gentle murmur.
Like a soft whisper from out the sky.

Sometimes... I hear you call my name,
Or clearly see your face before me.
And I feel that you are with me still.
Then peacefully... I come to know

As I am thinking happy thoughts of you
You, my son, are thinking of me too.
Loving memories fill my aching heart.
As dreaming dreams of what could be.

Or might have been, if you were here.
Until the piercing pain of losing you
Comes tumbling down on trembling fear.
And clearly once again I hear you say,

"But Mom…What if I had never been.
You could not then in LOVE remember me."

Oh, Elaine, how I wish I had words.

jd
i send my deepest sympathy .
I am so sorry to hear this.  May peace and love carry you through these times.  
Elaine I am so sorry to hear this. MO
I am so sorry Elaine. You both fought so hard and with such courage that I think we were all were strengthened by the fortitude you both displayed.
To have fought for health his whole life, I grieve with you. Remember the joy of knowing Nick Elaine, and the joys that await those who are His.
May knowing our Redeemer lives be your comfort now.
MAryB

deepest sympathy  for you and family
With all my sorrow,  at your loss.  All the words I could say sound so empty.

So just know how deeply I offer my support and love to you.

Deb
I don't even know where or what to type here.....because of you and Nick my life ( our lives) has and never will be the same again........I'm at a loss for words right now.....how deep is our love for you and yours right now......covering you in our hearts and prayers.......

In Him,
R
Elaine....we are all so very  heartbroken for you as you can see. I am sure you are grieving and just overwhelmed and may not even have touched a computer, nor want to for awhile. Please know that all the many, many post, notes, condolences are not expected to be answered, replied to. Please know that it also helps us in our feelings and it's just all we can give to you right now. Please know that so many of us wish we could do more, be there with you, help in some way. Hug you, hold you, cry with you, comfort you.......I wish I could.
We will be here whenever your ready or able to be in touch. We understand if you simply can't be in touch right now or for awhile.
Just take care of you, get through the days ahead and know we are all here for you.

Huge hugs all the way from Florida....love Lauri

God bless you both. He's with the angels now.
I wish him eternal peace which he will have, and I wish for you strength and love forever.
Words fail...but we all care so very much.

Peace be with both of you forever
Charm
may a measure of peace be with, and cling to the peacefulness of his passing.   He is with angels, his eyes on his Mom, sending you peace.  Your forever angel.

Love you much

Deb
Hi Elaine,

Thanks for checking in; we’ve all been concerned about you. Take care of personal matters, take time to catch your breath, and get plenty of much-needed rest. When the time is appropriate, we’d like to hear more from you.

All my best,

Bill
Still sending prayers love and pease, We love you stay strong. Angel Mom.
Richard&Sherri
Thank you for thinking of us Elaine.
We all love you and we care about you.
Michael
You are so good to take time for us.  We are here for you when you need us.
jd
Thank you so much for checking in with us Elaine, your so thoughtful, as always.

I lost someone 2 years ago. I feel her with me often in my life. When Isabella was born, her favorite song came on the hospital music, it's an odd song, not played much.
  I feel our loved ones stay beside us in life, your Nick will still beside you in this life.

Take care of you, healing thoughts, Lauri
Elaine,

Oh my, thank your for taking the time to keep us updated.  I will continue to pray that God give you strength as you go through this.  Nick, I believe is in peace and watching over his beloved Mom.  You are in my thoughts always.

Prayers to you!
Peace in your heart
Rita
It is great to hear from you at this time. Nick must be my kind of guy, one who goes out with a chuckle ("Luke, Luke ..."). That speaks volumes about him.

We're thinking of you and sending our love.

Brent & Liz
Dear,
I can only tell you this...that your son was very brave, and his story and his fight touched us all. We are richer for having known about him.  He leaves that behind and thoughts of what we learned from him, and you, will live on in each of us.  In that way, he still lives.

I wish I could be with you right now. I can only write words but my prayers are with you.

i love you and thank you for letting us inside your life with Nick, and sharing it with us

Deb Fox
Dear Elaine, you may feel lost at the moment but you will find your way.  Thank you for that lovely remembrance of Nick, just a delightful and special insight into the kind of young man you raised him to be and which he became.  

I wish you courage and strength today along with grace and peace in the days to come.

We're here for you as you need us.  I hold you in my heart especially today.

Trish
So happy you posted.  I truly believe God lets certain people come into our lives to leave a lasting impression. Your Nick was one of those special people, and so are you. As always you are in my prayers.  Merlino
Dear Elaine,

How moving, that you put your head on Nick's heart until he passed... Thank god you were there and he wasn't all alone -- I am sure he felt your presence and especially your overwhelming love... I'm not a mother, but I imagine there would be a lot of comfort in tenderly embracing a son as he passed away...

How are you holding up these past few days??  I hope you're managing to make it through all of the details and arrangements, and I hope your family is still here helping you get by...

Thinking of you often and praying for you, Nick and your entire family...

pK
Nick has shown himself to be a remarkable soul through this, as have you. The two of you have been models of strength and compassion for us all. Mere words are inadequate to express my sorrow and sympathy, so I won't try.

I'm glad he was comfortable and you were with him. The Luke, Luke bit was too funny. What a guy!

Nick's Funeral is today.
May Nicholas rest in Peace and may Elaine find some peace and comfort knowing that her beautiful Son is with God now and is free of all pain and suffering.
Mike
Thank you for posting that Mike, Elaine and Nick will be in my thoughts and prayers today.  Elaines sorrow is just begining, I will keep her close in my prayers.

Deb
Was the first thing that came to mind as I woke up today. Nick is being put to rest.
May you rest in eternal peace Nicholas.

Elaine may you somehow in the future find some sort of peace and comfort.

We all miss him and will always miss him.
He was a big part of us even though we never met...but our hearts did.

Love
Charm
Nick may you rest in peace now. Elaine our hearts open to you.
Sending prayers and love Richard&Sherri
Elaine, praying that you will find comfort as you think of Nick at peace.

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" (Revelation 21:4).

I also woke up thinking of you today , as all week-and Nicks memorial. I know we all wish we could be there in some way....but we are in heart.

God Bless you today Elaine. Nick is free of pain and tubes and needles and suffering, though he surely was a brave young man and handled it with grace and humor. You are in my heart all day, I'm with you in spirit.

May he rest now and be beside God, watching down over you.

Love and healing prayers, Lauri
Love and peace...

Hugs
I am thinking of you today.   Wish I could just be there to keep you company.  Grace and peace, my dear Elaine.

Trish
I think we all wish wish we could be there to comfort and
support you and yours today.
You can never have too many people too lean on or too many shoulders to cry on...
enigma
I'm just letting you know I've been thinking about you guys alot.I pray you find inner peace, somehow-someway...
God Bless + You Girls,
Tammy
Elaine,

Eternal rest grant unto him. O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. Rest in Peace Beautiful Boy.

God bless you Elaine and i am sending you strenght and hugss and prayers.

Remeber when you are ready  lean on us we are here for you.

RIP Nick
Peace and strength in your heart Elain

Rita
I've been away, just found out.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  May you find peace and may Nick find rest.  Life goes on and so will you,
Love,
Barbara
I am so sorry, so saddened to hear this news.   My heart goes out to you.  I have been thinking about you, and its been since last weekend since I came and read posts.  I am so so at a loss for words.    He is no longer suffering,  and I know you are.  I wish we could be there for you.  If there is anything we can do, just let us know.    You are in my thoughts and prayers....

Dana :(...
I don't get on here as often as before, and am so saddened, and heart broken to hear about Nick. There aren't words, but know you and your family are in my heart and my prayers.

With Love, and Hugs,
Julie
I just wanted to tell you how very sorry I am at Nick's passing.  I am praying for you that God gives you comfort.  You allowed us to know Nick through you, and your love and devotion to him made us feel how special he was, and we all cared about him and loved him too.  Please let me know if there is ever any way I can help you with anything at all.  Love, Sydney