Hepatitis Social Community
Is 12 Month Post tx PCR necessary?

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Is 12 Month Post tx PCR necessary?

I'm coming up on a year post tx  I have had PCR's post tx at 4 wks, 6 mo, 9 mo (my GP), and now they are asking for me to test again for a 12 month now.  All so far have been undetected since 4 weeks into treatment.

Is this really necessary and are there any other doctors still using that protocol?  I get the feeling it is for their statistical analysis only (I wasn't in a trial).  I don't mind, I just find it unusual compared to others.

I would save my money....... Congrats
Why not? I wasn't in a trial but would want that info if being offered.
The only reason I hesitate is that I don't have health insurance and my lab bills are outrageous at the moment.  I will end up doing it, just so I don't have to sit and wonder "what if."  
Does your doctor know you have to pay for the lab tests?  I would ask why is this important and will there be more PCR's in future since it is from your daily living income?  Congratulation on 1 year SVR anniversary  
I would save my money....... Congrats