Hepatitis Social Community
Is this forum boring now?

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Is this forum boring now?

For the first time since I started reading this - I think it must be the Jurassic period, no one seems to post any longer.  Is this because it is so over moderated that we can no longer disagree without the thread being deleted?
I must strongly disagree with what you just said!!

Its not boring its boreboring.

And yes I´ve seen it coming over moderated thats a very accurate way to put it.

ca

PS I miss Meki a lot she was not boring!!
In my opinion; yes. It’s “Dying on the Vine.”
This place is only a morsel of what it used to be. It is really sad when I think back of all the people (including me) that it threw a “life line to”
To be honest, I don’t know what happened.
In a word: yes.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst / Are full of passionate intensity"
W.B. Yeats  'The Second Coming'

Maybe not "over moderated" perhaps "poorly moderated'. It only takes one repetitive poster to drive dozens away. Someone like 'revenire', on the other hand (who, though I certainly didn't agree with all his views, seemed to be honestly bothered by people's drinkin', druggin', and fornicatin') was, I feel, an asset to this forum. He at least seemed to care that people got the help they needed. He was permanently banned and the person he offended doesn't even bother to post here anymore.
Apathy and irritation are a surefire formula for "Dying on the vine".

definitely boring... no more horsing around... the fun days are over... no more fish bones... no more nail clippers... no more juicing... no more aliens... too sad
I agree, it is very different than it was and I also miss Meki (hope she is doing well).
Dying on the vine.

So sad. What happened? Intense meds, fighting...everyone seemed to always make up and get over it until the banning started and people just left.  Hopefully not for good.

I miss Meki, too.  Before I started txing, I had all her bits of wisdom taped to my bathroom mirror.  Anyone remember her Thanksgiving thread?  ~~Pass the peas, Eric.  Carve the turkey, Jan.  Always remember, we're one big family.~~

No fish bones is right.  ( I still chuckle everytime I see nail clippers, Marcia. It sure is hard to find good help, lol!)  

It makes me feel bad that newbies may not find the support here that we all did.  

Hopefully this runs in cycles....but this one seems so long.  MH was great.  I hope it returns one day.

Izzy

*sad* ;(
The flip side is: fewer racial, religious, and sexual bigots than I seem to remember there being here 3,5 years ago.
I miss the Friday night fight songs.
Maybe we can change it and kick it up a notch?  I have to admit I'm guilty of not posting much lately because it's been boring and I guess it's contagious...boring creates more boring?

I miss Meiki also, have often wondered about her and what happened.

I really don't see as much support for new people as when I first came on in March of '08.  From what I have heard it was even more informative farther back.  

No more fun, to bad, so sad for us & trolls rule (dumb questions but seem to know too much for those questions) and and they come in 3's it seems.
I love the Friday night fight songs.  I even posted my version of one....gotta look for it.

Remember the threads about worst brain fogs (and worst gas, lol!)? Who was it that poured a foundation wrong??  And someone else put gas in a diesel engine or something like that.  

Yeah.  We need to kick it up a notch.  That's what this side is for.
Hmm... since comeagain disagreed so strongly with Andiamo right off the bat, it's a bit surprising this thread is still here ;).

There are certainly many folks who posted frequently in the past who are no longer here (some of whom are very missed), but there are still many who continue to reach out even in boring times (see above) :).  I think it's also the effect of ebb-and-flow coupled with time -- new names become familiar names, and familiar names move on, and the longer we're here, the more people we see move on.  

Perhaps it's a case of forum cirrhosis...? May be it's just necessary to inject some interference and ribbing at appropriate intervals to prevent forum decompensation.  Hey, even ascites and jaundice can be reversed in the physical world.

Let's not let this forum go quietly; indeed, let's kick it up all we can (just making sure on my part not to aim for anyone's shins or kneecaps) -- with all these red shoes, flip flops, and heels flying around and hidden in closets just waiting to come out, we should be able to throw a grand party (at least, until the neighbors call the police).

I usually don't post on this side -- but working on being sociable instead of boring.  ~eureka

Too funny "interference and ribbing".

Perhaps I should start another political thread.
I sent Meki a PM. Perhaps she will see the notification and post again.
Bring - yes, extremely!
Over moderated - yes! I have always said that we members can moderate the board better than the moderators can.
After all, a little HCV knowledge might help since this isn't just a social circle where we come to knit and chat and annoy one another about food and stuff - or is it?
Yes, I think it is..
Mike
"Bring" should have been "Boring".
I thought we all agreed on this a long time ago now ;-/

It makes it hard to stay around and offer advice when all you're allowed to say is "treatment is hard but doable" "viral load doesn't mean anything" "get a biopsy" over and over and over ad naseaum.

I miss the fun stuff too but every time someone tries..........it gets whacked as soon as it gets going.

**"The flip side is: fewer racial, religious, and sexual bigots than I seem to remember there being here 3,5 years ago. "**

They do mostly seem to be gone thank God.
I think Desrt was spot on with his comments. There has been so much nonsense in here lately, primarily inspired by one or two members. They really don’t add to either the knowledge base or emotional support, and it gets tiring trying to comment around them. It feels like trying to talk over an ADD/ADHD child in the room

I definitely object to heavy-handed moderators; but in instances like this, they could remove these offending members from the community without hurting my feelings.  

I too miss the old days of Medhelp, and hope we can reenact some of them,

Bill
I´ve said it before I think there is a distinct simularity of a certain secret police, internal security, and intelligence organization in a kollapsed big nation,and the way this forum has been moderated for quite some time now.

And it was so suddenly changed, like there has been a military cup or something.
Thats why I asked if MH had recruited a former colonel from that other country to moderate this forum.

I couldn´t think of any other explanation to this  so sudden change.
And there is a lot of russians coming to the US nowadays am I right!!

I think history has told us repeatedly that autarchy societys  always gets contra productive.
That is what has happened here, simple as that !!

ca

PS. Let us moderate the forum our selves and by that I don´t mean doing so by (delation) hitting  buttons !!
"I definitely object to heavy-handed moderators; but in instances like this, they could remove these offending members from the community without hurting my feelings."

If we were allowed to be forthright, these members might not post like they do, in my opinion. We have to walk on egg shells whenever we try to correct or reason or repress them.

I also agree with Desrt about Revenir - I have missed him from the day he got banned. And he really did care about people with this disease and he did try to help, albeit sometime a little too passionately. At any rate he was honest and he spoke his mind. And he is my friend.

Mike
Yeah, Revenere__ was over the top at times, but he did care; and he contributed to the knowledge base. I personally never had a problem with Scott; it you speak with him, say hi for me Michael—

Bill
I  miss Rev too.  Those were the days. :(
I will make sure that I do.
Mike
I thought Rev was funny too.

The travel forum I used to frequent lost its fun as well. They don't want you discussing anything political. How can you talk about traveling to Burma and disregard politics?
The airport in Bangkok closed down last year because of political issues but, I digress.

We can't bring back, we must go forward. Now, how do we make it better? Can we?
Glad i seen this thread, i can remember the laughs and fun we used to have. Sure made tx alot easier then. And yes we had alot of food fights here but for the most part like family we would get over it. Cindy and phil didn't step in unless things really got out of hand.

Now people get banned for really no good reason, Trinnity had alot knowledge to share, Deb_c was on a very tough tx, a 2 time relapser who was on daily shots and could have helped people here that are looking at this route. Yet she still had a sense of humor but they got booted during their toughest time of tx.

As for scott, yes he could get fired up and did cross the line a few times but as others has said he did care about people that were going thru this. Even though he was having a very big battle of his own. for a while after he was banned we kept in contact by email and his caring was real.

But yet med help will let a certain poster post anything and everything, only purpose is to stir people up, start many threads then others that need help get buried, hijacks others threads and and posts several times, says i'm leaving and won't be back then soon right back at it.

Dang to long of a post, and yes i know, can it cando
We can't bring back, we must go forward. Now, how do we make it better? Can we? "

You are too good a lady OH, just too good :)
"Boring" is way too kind.  I have so much to say on the subject, but last time I posted about the censorship on this forum I was suspended for 3 days, and told that I would be banned permanently if I offended again.  Its too bad - this forum and the Hep C side were so helpvul to me when I was treating.  I came here and found help, information and support, and camraderie that helped me through some very dark days.

If I were coming here for the first time now, I would not stay.  It is not a useful, helpful place any more.  We are no longer permitted to use our experience and our intellect in our posts.  MedHelp has rendered this forum useless with its moderating, and I'm sad to see this.  It was once great, and if MH would get its moderators off our backs it could be great again.  
nygirl, ha! that's cause you haven't met me!

The line about going forward is what I tell myself.
I'm never going to feel 'back to normal", I have to go forward.

Concerning the adorable Meki, she seemed to only post in the summer time.
I figured it was an Alaska thing.

I know some people have moved on. Coming here is part of their past, the hep C past.
Then there's those of us who either simply haven't cleared the virus, like the forum for whatever reason, or feel to help others as we've been helped.

Change is the only constant in life. So now its boring. Maybe it'll change.

I think medhelp should see this post.

Suspending JD for what she has written here above????

It really must be an error a misstake.

Is she not entitled to speak her mind please clarify someone

ca
I did not see anything so awful bad in JD's post to cause banning.  I think most of us want her back, at least I do.

Written with the utmost respect...............Denise

On another note, there are a few orthers that should be back on.  Including the one whose name can not be written
Are you kidding me??  JD has been banned?
I think things are going to change, and for the better:)
Hugs to all
Elaine
While we're at it, I think they should bring Trin back too.
We want Trin!!!!   She was the biggest help to me due to the fact that I had porphyria PCT along with Hep C.  When others come on with this problem she is sooo much better helping and explaining the disease than I am.

Denise
Forum is boring because anyone who does not give text book information (including references) is attacked.  Who has time to look up everything to forestall attacks?  No point posting anything thoughtful or original, ergo, boring forum posts.
“There's no excuse to be bored. Sad, yes. Angry, yes. Depressed, yes. Crazy, yes. But there's no excuse for boredom, ever.”

R.S
This may help with your boredom...the world counting log

http://www.worldometers.info/
I agree with Newleaf. Sometimes when I post and expressly disclaim that it is my opinion and experience I feel that I'm attacked because my conjectures don't match up with your "proven" results. Some people only deal in absolutes. Maybe this makes them feel safer, but it doesn't provide much in the way of discussion of alternatives.
discussion of alternatives. ???

you mean alternative medicenes?..this site is pro-PEG AND RIBA...and PI drugs now as of lately
No I wasn't talking about alternative medicines. I meant how SOC affects everyone differently and that what works for one person may not work for another. That someone who is obese may not be a bad candidate for treatment. That someone who has low plateletes initially doesn't necessarily do bad on treatment. That we are all individuals and this disease and treatment affects us all differently.
Wow, my sis....thanks for that blast from the past.  Seeing all our comments back then brings back such great memories and makes me realize the impact MH had on me even more.

~~~?..this site is pro-PEG AND RIBA...and PI drugs now as of lately~~~

Rocker....I'm surprised that you feel that way.  Especially after all you went through-getting the "real drug" in a trial as opposed to a placebo.  Are you anti-SOC/PI now?  Aren't you trying to get your brother into a PI trial??  I'm thinking I would've  the one to go ani-PI on us having drawn the placebo arm in a TVT trial with no roll-over.

SVR to us all....

Isobella

Should've been:   I'm thinking I would've been the one to go anti-PI on us having drawn the placebo arm in a TVR trial with no roll-over

Hard to type laying on my side =)

Not knocking PI,RIBA and her girlfriend PEGGY....just saying alernative meds are not dicuseed snuff for the ones who cant TX...and the ones who have failed and have no othe choices...i feel sorry for those and i feel like we need to help all we can.
Thanks, Marcia, for those great past threads. I laughed myself to tears just rereading them. Actually I had missed one of them. I guess we need more poop threads, gas attack stories and insane HCV transmission stories. Why do I love all you sick, twisted, warped, compassionate heppers and ex-heppers so much?  Get rowdy!

Anyone remember the phony questions posted about being concerned about being contaminated after changing a tire on a car that had run through blood spilled in the streets by drug dealer violence, et. al.? That whole series had me laughing so hard I was blowing snot bubbles out my nose!

I really miss the old posts. I miss Meki the hugely (never knew why she is not here anymore). Trin should come back. I hope things get better. So glad JD is still with us!
Had forgotten about the tire guy. That was hilarious. And the one with the help who had supposedly borrowed the nail clippers. This humor really helped us going through tx. We invented the craziest comments, all in hepper language. Omg, we were so dorky. But it was good, really good.

How bout the time when some here smiled and there face cracked and it  fell to the floor?
Eric, thanks for starting this thread. I believe it played a great role in getting our forum back.

Now we just have to make the best out of it again. And I really hope that everyone will try to treat it as if it belonged to them. Yanno, the way you take care of your home and family. Compassion, humor, tolerance, restraint and respect for others.... And we need to give each other some space... I hope I will myself be able to live up to that...

I'm sorry guys, my vocab has run dry. I have this love hate relationship with the interferon. It gave me my freedom, but took my mind. I got so many holes in my vocabulary, it's so annoying, but I'm free of the virus. Better a healthy body and less brains... ;-)
As long as you dont po in my corn flakes i dont care how you vocab is,you still seem pretty smart too me....: ]
Thanks bro....

Still, I gotta live with myself, and I am getting on my nerves...
TX stole my wonderfully vivid dreams, but slowly they returned.
Your vocab will too, or at least partially.
OH
A howdy to you, Jasper.  You stood with me and by me during some difficult treatment days and I will never forget that.  Hope life is going well for you.  

Trish
No political discussions.  We fought hard to get Medhelp to agree for us to self police the forum and they finally seem to agree as long as we don't have religious or political discussions.
Oh, I didn't know that. I'll be good.  How will public healthcare affect HCV treatment I wonder?
Public health care?  Do you mean medicare?
Oh, this would have been good ;>)  
Late, too many to read but thus far...agree, agree, agree, agree and loved Meki too, boy could she 'talk' and always the peace maker.

So no more talk about no sex drive on tx, fluffy poop on tx, dumb a*s things we did on tx???? :)  These thread were very uplifting to a brain fogged, fatigued out, riba raged tx-er!
I do think they have forgotten to take riba rage, brain fog into account in some of the 'trouble' threads and ones that were banned.

I just posted on Elaines thread about all of this, which I'm assuming this is the thread she was talking about?

It is over moderated, it so not the same and that is sad for many new ones. We had a great bunch here at one time (still do, just a lot less ) and even the political threads I loved, as I appreciated seeing all views and while on tx, I couldn't keep up with the debates and I learned, kept up here. It's a shame, 'heated' is one things, beligerent is another. Like the guy that kept raging on let the poor die, screw them, they CAN get insurance and so on. Perhaps his views but some 'how to be' diplomatic training would have helped him a lot! Most of the time it's just wording the disagreements without hatefulness. (not crying innocent on getting ticked a time or two myself but....others 'nicely' scolded me :)

Too bad.... it was very different here. MANY could use it as it was, need it now. It does go to show how much silly BS can hurt us, aye?

LL

Oh, this would have been good ;>)   .....

LMAO !!!
So, is the silly stuff causing trouble, or just the political/religious stuff? I really found the humor entertaining at a time when I needed the laughs, but I don't want to post anything that would diminish the forum.

Marcia: I have heard that word, vocabulary, before, but I forget what it means?

Gauf: Howdy. LOL!!

Eric: Your restraint is admirable. Glad you didn't take the bait.

LL: Howdy!

To me, the silly stuff is untouched - and I don't mean funny silly.  Everyone has a different sense of humour and what might not cater to my sense of humour, will really amuse someone else.  The witty stuff gets moderated.  Beyond me as to why.  Result in an absence of silly AND witty but mostly the witty.  FlGuy's recent post in Rocker's thread is classic FlGuy and it's good to see.  The things that diminish the forum were allowed to flourish, in my opinion - useless hysterical quasi-political threads and it seems to have abated lately and hoping it stays that way.

Well, I guess you aren't going to get to read it.  I went back and his posts are gone.
If Floridaguy's posts were censored, then medhelp has learned nothing.
My bad.  Wrong thread.  To see a classic example of FlGuy's witticism, see Rocker's other thread with two FlGuy's posts.

Verichip's virus detection RFID implant thread, to be precise.  My memory is short.  I had to go back and look.

I am glad to hear that.  I am happy that medhelp has tried to help us.
I went to Rocker's profile and there were no posts listed, so I guess I can't find the thread. Maybe you would PM the link to me.

I did see FLguy's comment "Windex", however. I love his humor!

OK, I think I found it! The RF ID one. Love it!
FLGuy has a special brand of humor that cracks me up everytime.
i don't see how a little bit of humor can harm anyone.  the support, encouragement, and laughs i received from this forum sure helped me get through treatment a little easier.  we don't have to agree with everyone else because we are all different.  disagreements are fine as long as we are still able to respect each other.
Im afraid to crack a funny comment,but sometime i cant help it...i have a wild sense of humour but i have to control it here.
Back to the RFID implants?.....is this for real or what,you all know i got some pretty wild ideas and comments,but even im finding this hard to fathom...they are now going to use the "disease scare" tactic to implant us all with tracking chips?..am i in a drug induced valium SX dream?..someone wake me up
Last year there was talk of having to get every animal microchipped, even chickens.  With the amount of animals I have it would have been cost prohibitive.  the agriclutural law got lost somehow as I haven't heard about it for about a year.  It was another PETA thing to disolve ownership of animals.

A few of my dogs are microchipped or tattoed in their ears.  They have to have permanent identification to have their hips verified when x-rayed.

I can't see it happening with humans tho.

Denise
I'm micro-chipped and I kind of like it. It tastes a lot like chicken, in my opinion.
Mike
LOL stop making me laugh at work you are going to get me fired
Michael (but at least I'll be able to find you easily enough ;)
I got suspended, reprimanded and attacked because I said something that was taken out of context.  I fear posting anything so I mostly read and try to learn.  I do make or try to make politically correct statements from time to time.  I wish some people including the moderators would lighten up.  When someone says something out of line the members can dish out some pretty good tongue lashings.  Is it okay to say tongue lashing?  wouldn't want to offend anyone.
Is it okay to say tongue lashing?

Clearly that would depend on context.
Judging from this thread, It's far from dead!
Sounds like this place needs a good poop ........thread.
I remember a thread about chicken livers you started.  It went on for days and I laughed for as long.  Mostly it drew me in to more serious discussions I guess
because laughter can be the best medicine if it isn't meant to target anyone spcifically.  I was ill for so long and I think this forum has been such a big help
in different ways.  There is Knowledge, interaction w folks who I can relate to because they feel what I feel and no matter how hard my family may try they just can't experience what we experience.  
How are you doing?  Where were you when we needed you - LOL?
I'm doing pretty darn good.

Hey, do you ever get mistaken for Greg Popovich when you're out and about ?
Thanks. I’m glad you were laughing at the chicken livers… most laugh at me. Glad to hear you’re doing a little better; and yeah, smiling is one of the world’s greatest cures, eh? And they *were* good livers, regardless of the nay sayers :o).

Thanks again,

Bill
Can't say that I have.  He doesn't have a beard.
search popovich beard images

and there you are..

You should start signing autographs....
Yawn....zzzzz.....what???
DId you have a nice nap?
I did!

This post was more interesting than most, I credit you with keeping things alive. Your post on Music..do you love it? (or whatever you called it) had more responses than any other and kept this people posting for a long time.

I feel so removed from the forum, I just don't visit here enough to be in the swing of things.

Thanks for all you do here. I'm usually the kiss of death to a post.....that is, by the time I post, the thread is dead and no one comments anymore!
Thank you too.  You have been a good friend to many people here.

I have been thinking a lot about writing again.  I think I might be able to do it soon.  This was a very intense year and things are finally starting to loosen up a bit.

Eric
tidbit for those that went through 'the cure' with me on the forums.

I'm in the process of converting to Catholicism.

There's a thread right there. I know the Catholic Church always gets people going....
You're converting to Catholicism?  That must have been one helluva pole dance.  

I converted away from it. It's whatever makes you happy, l-horn.  
OMG! I had forgotten about the "Deadly gasses" thread! Oh man, I was laughing so hard, I couldn't see the screen (and I think I "spotted") LOL It was absolutely hilarious...I hope you all keep trying to inject humor into this site. It helps so much when the "pity parties" from treatment start...I used to try to post "moonies"  but the screen just wasn't wide enough...:O ~MM
Very different! I sign on and see 1-2 post in HOURS versus when I was here a lot. So many of us would be up, posting one after the other. I pulled up some of the old post also (which no one paid attention to, thank u very much ;)....just kidding! BUT seriously in the attempt to show how it used to be. I was on here hours a day for 6 or more mths as many are on tx (were?) and I have to say that for the MANY funny, good, even political threads....there was few pulled off, very few and few that needed pulled off. Most of us can converse, agree and diagree with grace, not playing games and picking sides and getting really nasty. It's just such a shame that now it's like a 'PG' movie, with 'parental control'!  It's like when you have 6 kids, something happens and all 6 get grounded, yet one was at fault.

Sad, it's just not at all like it was :(

(while many great ones still here:)

LL