Hepatitis Social Community
Latest fibroscan

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Latest fibroscan

Went to Mt Sinai for a general follow up and another fibroscan.  Showed another small improvement.  Latest score 13.9.  Last one was 14.1.  Dr D thinks I might have fatty liver, so back on the low carb diet.  Fibroscan is now FDA approved according to the folks at Mt Sinai.

I am very happy to see small improvements.  It is now 5 years since SVR, if that terminology is still used, and I have improve fibrosis by one full measure from stage 3 - 4 to. 2 - 3.  I am striving for a solid stage 2 and I think with a good diet,, I can archive it.

Best of luck and health to all those still fighting the battle!
Eric
Sounds good. Keep up the good work!
Setting a worthy goal is something to work towards. The liver is a precious organ. It is nice to keep your own if you can and to be as healthy as possible for as long as possible.

Good luck on healing to Stage 2!

From the ‘Things I learned from having cancer’ file
Death is way too complicated – I think I’ll skip it.
Hector
Glad you posted. It is great to see that people's livers are improving post treatment.

Best of luck on your goal!
Yes, thanks for posting. People ask often about the ability of the liver to improve after SVR. You're proving that, yes indeed it can and does.

Hugs from afar,
OH
veggies, fruits. get rid of all pink/red meat protein...
eat white protein (fish, chicken) just twice a week...
if you have to have every day split up the portions.  
No drinking, smoking, caffeine.
Limit sugars, sodium, fats but still have them.  
Increase other forms of protein like beans, green veggies.
Drink plenty of water.  Add watermelon to your diet.
Eat more smaller meals each day...instead of of 3 big meals.  
Think about eating heaviest meal earlier in day.
Always eat a breakfast even if it's just a yogurt.
If you constantly eating small bites all day you'll be less likely to overeat. Start and end your day with a piece of or a half a piece of fruit.  
Change you eating hours to a consistent period of time.  
Try not to eat after 8 p.m.  
Drinking water before a meal and continually throughout the day will help control your hunger.  Tea, coffee, crystal light are okay.
If it states "fat free" throw it in the trash. It is full of sugars.
Start experimenting with spices.  
Start roasting vegetables, it brings out sweetness,

These are a few of the things I to do....I also got a juicer and drink a a.m. fruit/veggie juice....eat a regular lunch...hooked on egg salad or tuna salad right...miracle whip is better than mayo...just fill it but with celery, onions, grapes, pickles...try to do a fruit/veggie juice for dinner and have been very keen on eating melons for snacks.  Watermelon is actually good for you...more so for men than women.  Add it to your diet while it is around.  
I use lemons on almost everything....make my own salad dressing.....think I spend as much time on food network. com as I do here. Hardly ever eat out anymore...

Good luck to you...am a true believer that a change in eating habits can make major differences in your body.  Keep us posted on your pursuit.
This is wonderful news !!! we always speculated it could be reversed!
Thank you for checking in and giving members some hope after SVR !!

Lots of Hugs
Elaine
This is wonderful news, thank you so much for sharing
Dee
It is great to see you doing so well.

Your case continues to inspire.
I am doing well.

willy