Hepatitis Social Community
Litle Bumps on lower Gum Line

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Litle Bumps on lower Gum Line

I didnt suffer alot with mouth problems on tx. However last 2 months I got these little white bony gum bumps
on gum on my lower jaw. They havent gone away. Anyone have this??
Im 6 weeks post tx. They dont hurt but they are raised and feel uncomfortable and sometimes depending what I eat
it feels odd??

If anybody had this please let me know.
I also got a brown freckle on pallet of my mouth from tx went to oral surgeon he said it wasnt anyhting to be concerned about just watch it to see if it gets bigger--Also from tx I guess??

Of course the more I think about it the worse it gets-Anything in the mouth is very uncomfortable.
Thanks- Im concerned.
Charm,
I had this about 4 years ago on my lower right gum line.  Dentist did a biopsy to rule out cancer or pre-cancerous cells.  He then removed the patch and it has never returned.
Just thought I'd share that with you.

Leukoplakia
The presence of white or gray colored patches on your tongue, gums, roof of your mouth, or the inside of the cheeks of your mouth may be a sign of leukoplakia. The patch may have developed slowly over weeks to months and be thick, slightly raised, and may eventually take on a hardened and rough texture. It usually is painless, but may be sensitive to touch, heat, spicy foods, or other irritation.

How Is Leukoplakia Diagnosed?

Your dentist may suspect leukoplakia upon examination; however, a biopsy will likely be taken to rule out other causes, such as oral cancer. During the biopsy, a small piece of tissue from the lesion will be removed to be examined in a lab. A numbing agent will be used so that you will not feel any pain.

How Is Leukoplakia Treated?

Treatment, if needed, involves removing the source of irritation. For example, if leukoplakia is caused by a rough tooth or an irregular surface on a denture or filling the tooth will be smoothed and dental appliances repaired. If leukoplakia is caused by smoking, you will be asked to minimize or stop smoking or using other tobacco products.

Leukoplakia is usually harmless, and lesions usually clear in a few weeks or months after the source of irritation is removed. If eliminating the source of irritation is ineffective in reducing leukoplakia, the lesion may need to be surgically removed. The lesion can be removed either by your general dentist or by an oral surgeon in their office under local anesthesia.
Thanks for that info... I did have dentist and oral surgeon look at it....
Didnt make  anything out of it. I think its from tx never had it before.
I will wait and see. Tx did a bad bad number on my teeth so I will watch and wait.

Thanks much.
I get that,  just lately, I tend to floss really deep when I do get them. I been wondering about this lately also
Hey I thought that we decided we were so bad we would do leather jackets! Chicks are chickens tho!  Laughing angel hugs!
Yes have the magic mouthwash its not doing its magic!
And..Im not taking my chicken suit off!!! No way! But I will put aleather jacket over it!
ELaine dont worry about forgetting! I canr remember what I forgot! CLUCK! CLUCK!!

Chicks are chickens how bout that!!

Elaine, Deb

Peace, hugs and yellow feathers!!!!!!!!!!!!! heheeh
Hey we all don't have scurvey do we?  LOL!  I was reading an article that talked about gums and anemia....  Angel Hugs
No scurvy here! I did have a stone in the paratoid gland in 1997.

I think I have another one! WOOHOO!!

I was hospitalized for a week from the infection I looked like the elephant man-then after I was released he pushed the stone manually with his hands out of my gland this is how big is was the size of a star * looked like a piece of eggshell,.