Hepatitis Social Community
MY FOOD INTAKE

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

MY FOOD INTAKE

I would like some feed back on my plan now im done with TX,first of all i havnt changed my food intake,i just added some functional foods and supplements at the bottom of this list to to keep my immune system in top gear ,ive been doing a lot of reading and ive come to the conclusion its wise to do so.after finishing TX..I wlll list my foods.

1.Organic Whey (Progressive)
2.Organic Greens RX
3.Organic Coconut Oil (Alfa DME)
4.Organic Eggs
4.Raw Cashews
4.Organic Lemons Juice with Stevia
5.Blueberry Juice
6.Ornanic Apples
7.Organic Bananas
8.Popcorn (made with coconut oil)
9.Home made soup(onions,frozen veggies.potatoes.organic brown rice,organic soup mix)
10.Vit D
11.Mushroom Extract(Liver Force)
12.Ginseng Extract
13.Selium
14.Blue Green Algae(stem enhance)
14,Distilled Water

I also use organic soaps.have a shower filter,organic tooth paste and deoderants.

There are a few things missing from the list; bacon, Twinkies, pizza, canned tuna, peanut butter and marsmallow fluff and (from NYGirls regimine) fudgicles.

The theory here, Rocker, is that if you go with with your list you will just lull your immune system into a passive observatory mode.  You have to include a lot of **** into your diet to keep the immune system vigilant and active.  

It's like having a old and fat security guard protecting your bank.  He'll fall asleep in the corner and offer no protection.  On the other hand if you have a twitchy young guy hopped up on meth and armed with a hair-trigger 9mm S&W who is going to mess with that branch?

It's all science.
Maybe i could mix the  bacon, Twinkies, pizza, canned tuna, peanut butter and marsmallow fluff  all together in a blender and make feed it to the banker and by pass both gaurds..

ill have the fuggie
My opinion only- I would add some strawberry cheesecake, chocolate mousse,
hott pastrami sanwiches, and some shrimp with lobster sauce!

You should be in good shape now!

Charm :)
Opps...i forgot to add every Sunday i do treat nyself...

Organic ice cream....power bars...and orgaic MAC AND CHEESE

THIS is my junk food
I had organic mac and cheese last night...It was deliciosa!

Enjoy!
this is my first weekend TX drug free,i worked out this weekend and its amazing how much weight i can lift....i have no choice but to load up the bar with heavy pounds of its a waste of time....and am i ever gaining musle mass....ill get a job a body guard no sweat
"ill get a job a body guard no sweat ".  That's good news.  You can remove organic deoderant from the list and replace it with Slim Jims.
Theres no such animal as organic deoderant...LOL...thats like saying fish are organic....EVERYTHING from the ocean is contaminated
Actually i use the crystal stone for my underarms

Doctors from revered medical facilities such as the Mayo Clinic have recommended crystals for their patients with dermathtis and the Walter Reed Army Hospital recommends THAI deodorant stone and mists for their patients who are post operative cancer patients receiving radiation treatment.

http://www.deodorantstones.com/potassiumalum.ivnu
The levels of interferon (IFN)-γ, tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α, and interleukin (IL)-1 were very low in normal MNC-CM, and they were greatly increased in MNC-CM prepared with PSCS stimulation. Antibody neutralization studies further revealed that the tumoricidal and differentiating effects of PSCS-MNC-CM were mainly derived from the elevated cytokines, especially IFN-γ and TNF-α. These two cytokines acted synergistically on inhibiting cell growth and inducing differentiation of the target U937 cells.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T99-3RJR6RS-19&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=ae3409ffe1ac378db7ace33a2831bf59

You bring up a good point.  You'll need some Mayo-naise to put on the canned tuna when you make sandwiches on white bread.  Your menu is starting to shape up nicely now.
You guys are lovely! Thanks for the great laugh! I love the forum when it's like this!

Now to be serious... I think it's a great diet Ron.

You should check out some stuff called Moringa... It's quite an amazing herb, which should be excellent, packed with loads of nutrition. I am waiting for my order and will let you know how I feel after a few weeks. They say it could eradicate malnutrition in the world, if it was used everywhere. Several government have invested in getting it planted and used in developing countries. The Danish government has a project  i.e. in Zimbabwe.

Tons of legit studies ojn this shroom...i just got a bottle...all organic too...BTW....did i mention i feel AWESOME

Cordyceps sinensis is a fungus that has been used for over 2,000 years in China as a treatment for a variety of conditions including infectious diseases. The available evidence suggests a hypothesis that any efficacy of C. sinensis as an anti-infective therapeutic would be related to a role as an activator of innate immune responses. The objectives of this study were first to investigate the ability of C. sinensis to activate pro-inflammatory responses in macrophages in vitro and induce protective responses against intracellular pathogens in vivo, and second to characterize a method of action. We found that C. sinensis activates murine macrophages to produce a variety of pro-inflammatory cytokines. IFN-γ synergizes with C. sinensis to amplify this response. Bacterial endotoxin contamination was ruled out as a potential artefact. The evidence presented in this study supports a hypothesis that C. sinensis activates macrophages by engaging Toll-like receptors and inducing mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways characteristic of inflammatory stimuli.

http://www.informapharmascience.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08923970701812332
White Bread..????if i posted what white bread really does to the human body,i would scare half the people here.
They did studies ,not sure if it was mice or men...LOL...but anyway,they gave one group white braed and water and one group just water,the bread an water group were dead before the other group
I remember that study. The water contained blue-green algae.
Strange lookn plant,i would not want to this in a dark alley...looks like a monster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Moringa-ovalifolia.jpg
The selling of all kinds of health supplements, minerals and vitamins is a lucrative business. No big company would ever take the risk of introducing a name that could potentially harm and lower the sale of all other nutritional items. The same holds water for the pharmaceutical countries too. These huge companies would prefer to keep the general public in the dark about the benefits of the Moringa leaf to make big bucks for their own.

http://www.herbal-home-remedies.com/blog/?p=101
Protecting liver and kidneys. Cordyceps improves blood flow to these organs (as well as to the others), which results in their better activity and ability to fight the diseases, including Hepatitis and chronic kidney disease.

Researchers from Nanjing University shouls that a polysaccharide extracted from a
cultivated Cordyceps sinensis fungus significantly enhanced superoxide dismutase
activity of liver, brain and serum as well as glutathione peroxidase activity of liver and
brain in tumor-bearing mice. It also inhibited H22 tumor growth in the mice.

http://www.zhion.com/herb/Cordyceps.html
my favouite ,blue green algae(bacteria)  and mushrooms(fungus)

the breakfast of champions...and i am not kidding....athlethes do use the power foods
did you know we were made from the scum of the earth...I AM SERIOUS..we evloved from the algae in the oceans....just call me Mr Ameba (amoeba)
If that's true why is a mushroom just a mushroom, algae just algae and a mouse just a mouse?
A man sometimes is not a man...LOL,..but a mouse will always be a mouse

interesting article

Interferon is a family of cytokines (Cytokines are small secreted proteins which mediate and regulate immunity and inflammation.) that are active participants in host cell defense because they possess antiviral, antiproliferative and immunomodulatory effects. More simply put, interferon is a natural substance produced by the body that's activated when a cell is attacked by a virus. Interferon has two main functions:

When a cell has been an attacked, it signals to neighboring unaffected cells and triggers their defenses. It acts as the body's first responder and triggers the bodies defenses. Once the surrounding cells get the message they can produce certain proteins to protect themselves. That way the infection stays localized and can't spread.
Interferon activates other immune system support cells that search out, kill and dispose of the invading pathogens. It does this by signaling natural killer cells (NK cells), macrophages and other immune cells so they can mobilize and proliferate and then kill invading pathogens.
Interferon production and activation occurs within hours of a person being infected but the other cells, such as macrophages, can take much longer, up to several days, to react. However, theoretically, if you keep your immune system in top shape your body can produce interferon when it's needed.

http://www.pjstory.com/ImmuneSystemHealth.htm

I'm thinking bout having Moo Shoo Chicken tonight - but I might go with fresh halibut and greens. I'd like to hear everyone's opinions please?
Moo Shoo sounds good.... whatever that is...

Shew the cow...
I love moo shoo pork from the Chinese Restaurant....yummy!!
Have they genetically merged a cow witha chicken now? ..MOO CHICKEN>??
I think I speak for Rocker when I suggest to load up on the MSG on the Moo Shoo. I'm pretty sure he'd recommend the pork over the chicken though.  
i Just had 1/4 cup  home roasted cashews with himilayan pink salt,2 organic apples and a glass of blue berry juice on ice. and one organic banana...ya gotta love it
I cant eat commericial meats....i will puke my guts up,afetr seeing the inside of a factory farm...i am turned....and this guy up herer feeding 50 hookers to pigs...ya right,im having a pork roast tonite
Best and only way i find to make popcorn is to use 2 tbsp coconut oil and 1/4 popcorn and a small sauce pan,med heat with a cover and shake till done...drizzle with orgaic olive oil ans sprinkle with pink himalayan mountian salt...TO DIE FOR
Wow - seven posts on my meal dilema - you guys are lifesavers. And with more than 50% of the responses coming from Rocker on such an array of topics. From his just-completed dinner, to feeding hookers to pigs, to his favoring pink Himalayan mountain salt on popcorn! Wow! I'm just blown away  - it brings a tear to the eye. You guys rock!
see if you can watch this and eat a pig

http://stagevu.com/video/txitazwqdqav
Cordyceps has been shown to increase hemoglobin and stimulation of reticulocytes in the blood count and also decrease blood urea nitrogen (BUN).

http://www.leviticus11.com/cordyceps.htm
Liver protection – prevents the formation of fibroid liver  
tissues; reduces the ascites (accumulation of liquid in abdominal
area) caused by liver cirrhosis; normalizes the biochemical
status of the liver (GOT and GPT liver function tests);

http://www.medimushrooms.com/History.php
Nutrient Density
Fourth, AFA is a most nutrient-dense food with high concentrations of vitamins, minerals and other important natural sub- stances. Over 95 percent of the nutrients can be used directly by the body in the same form. The vitamin B-complex profile of AFA is very high, especially vitamins B2, B6 and B12. For example, one gram of wild blue-green algae supplies more than the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is essential for the production of red blood cells. It helps them to develop to a point where protein, folic acid, iron and vitamin C can mature properly and thus carry more oxygen to the cells. A deficiency of B12 may cause pernicious anemia. Restricted diets and poor absorption can cause a B12 deficiency. AFA has the highest active vegetable source of vitamin B12, in a form that is totally usable by the body. AFA algae have 65 times the B12 content of kelp, and almost 700 times more B12 than alfalfa. The B vitamins within AFA algae are of such high quality that they can boost the body's energy level, endurance and stamina. B vitamins convert carbohydrates into glucose, which the body can then utilize to produce energy. The ability of blue-green algae to efficiently transfer glucose into energy (via the B vitamins) may represent its most important health contribution.

http://www.essential-foods.co.uk/Afa-Literatur/algae_and_me.htm
I would like some feed back on my plan now im done with TX
--------------------------------------------------------

Me too.  diet caffeine free coke or coca cola zero?  So hard to choose... ;)
j/k rocker - giving you a hard time ;)
View the Milky Way at 10 million light years from the Earth. Then move through space towards the Earth in successive orders of magnitude until you reach a tall oak tree just outside the buildings of the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory in Tallahassee, Florida. After that, begin to move from the actual size of a leaf into a microscopic world that reveals leaf cell walls, the cell nucleus, chromatin, DNA and finally, into the subatomic universe of electrons and protons.

Earth = 12.76 x 10+6 = 12,760,000 meters wide
(12.76 million meters)

Plant Cell = 12.76 x 10-6 = 0.00001276 meters wide
(12.76 millionths of a meter)

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/