Hepatitis Social Community
Magnum Update

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Magnum Update

It’s been a while. I had a TIPS (shunt) put in at Northwewstern Memorial Hosp. In Chicago.  Although it worked, it was not a fix all. I still had to be tapped (abdominal fluid removed), but not as much, and probably will have to be tapped again.

Although I live in Las Vegas, my Gastro wants me to move and stay in Chicago, in preparation for a possible transplant. Unfortunately while back in Las Vegas, I got into a bad car accident. My car is totaled and I’ve been in the hospital for the past two weeks and will be released Friday. Apparently, after all that’s happened, It’s not my turn to go. I have more entertaining to do as an entertainer.

I want to wish my friend Howie the very best. I have no doubt he will make it. I also want to wish the very best for all of you...

Magnum
Mag you have been through so much!  Geez...hang in there!

Jules
Hi Magnum!! I'm kinda new here. Started coming on here in Jan. I'm almost done w/ treatment. I'm 2b, cirrhotic, compensated. So a car accident also. Geeze!!! Well your correct, not time for you to get off stage. Keep entertaining even if its from a hospital bed. Lol!! Just want to wish you the very very best!!  
Kitty
Thanks for the update, Magnum. Sorry that you had a car accident. You have been through so much. Here's wisjing you the best for the future.
If you are ever passing through on I-80 shoot me a PM and I'll buy ya a coffee or meal.

I'm sorry to hear of your issues of late, but I hope that indeed you'll be around for many years.

willy
Hey great to see your name here. So sorry about your accident.
Keep in touch!
Glad to see you're still posting on this forum and I hope your TIPS procedure helps you immensely.  I'm a musician as well although I am not currently playing professionally.  Anyways, I'm glad to hear you're still playing music and making people around you feel better simply though playing music.  Oh and it does you alot of good as well.  Sending you prayers and support in the hopes that things go well for you and everything falls together for your liver  transplant and everything inbetween.  God Bless!!
You are one inspiring man Magnum.  Thanx for coming back and shaking your family tree here.  It is always good to hear from one of our legends.  Prayers coming your way for very good results.  
I am a pre - transplant patient at Northwestern.  Had tips in 2011 which was performed by Dr. Riad Salem.  I have had several revisions since then.  Can't help you out with ascites, I have.only edema.  Tips was to remove a portal vein clot.

I have been on the list for 21/2 years.  My creatinine keeps my meld between. 14-23.  For Blood type B, I need to be over 25 to be near the top of the list.  Am in process of being evaluated at another center to increase my odds.