Hepatitis Social Community
Miracle?

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

this is such wonderful news, so, so happy for you! and I'm sorry, but why not you? lol...good for you!

Miracle?

Hi all. I got a call from my docs nurse about 2 hours ago that my 6 month post tx PCR was <50. Frankly I am not sure it has sunk in yet.

Being cirrhotic the doctor had talked about probably needing a transplant when I first went in 2 years ago this month. My albumin and bilirubin and all of that stuff was not far off the normal range at 3 months post tx so I expect it will be about the same now. No varices or acites (ascites) or stuff like that. If I can keep it that way I think I will be in the "probably not" for a transplant now. I hope so. We will see. I quit drinking 15 years ago so that isn't going to be a factor.

Now I have to get in shape, lose weight, and eat right and try to stretch my livers life as long as I can. But getting rid of the Hep C is a big step towards that. Okay, I need to just go and think for a while. Believe it or not I am still worried that my other blood work will be whacky, the check at  one year will be bad, etc. I need to stop that stuff.

Why me is what I am asking myself. If I really have dodged the bullet, why me?

John
That's good news.  Sometimes just need to appreciate that the bullet whizzed by you, but make note that you have an opportunity in front of you to avoid others that may come your way.  Get better, get healthier and take your life back.
Why NOT you!!!!!!!!

Hooooorrrrayyyyy!

Here's to dodging bullets!  

I am very happy to hear your fantastic news.

wyntre
heres to the good life. congratulations.
That is GREAT news! Congratulations.
That's wonderful! So happy for you and the miracle you received!! Enjoy your life. Your story gives hope to others that may be facing the same circumstance you faced.
Great news!  Congrats!
Lol, the filters got it. **** = d0ng, of course.
It sounds like you’ve made it- FLGuy summed it up well. Enjoy the rest of your life wisely. Here’s a little ditty you might remember- I think it’s appropriate:

Lyrics by EH Harburg

"Ding-**** the witch is dead!
Which old witch? The wicked witch
Ding-**** the wicked witch is dead!
Wake up you sleepyhead
Rub your eyes, get out of bed
Wake up the wicked witch is dead
She's gone where the goblins go
Below - below - below
Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out
Ding ****' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low
Let them know the Wicked Witch is dead!"

Take real good care,

Bill