Hepatitis Social Community
Music - do you love it?

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Music - do you love it?

Music surely saved my life.  When I was a teenager and suffering all the problems of that age, I found drugs,  and life became very dark.  Many people retire to that place in our minds where hope is lost; some make it back out and some do not.

I found music; I would lie on the floor with my ear next to the speaker and play the slow movement of the Beethoven emperor concerto.  The music was sad, but it touched my heart and I was no longer alone.    That same music eased the pain of TX for me.  It calmed me down and helped me deal with the problems of the real world while I was working.

I love music of almost all genres.  Perhaps not elevator music and pop music that sounds as if it was designed by the people that design ugly cars specked out by a marketing survey.  If it comes from the heart, I love it; be it the cerebral  notes of a Bach cello sweet -- almost mathematical in form; the passion of a choral and, at the opposite end, the pounding beat  of rock and reggae -- music that stirs a different kind of passion.

So  -- what kind of music do you like?
Funny, I have just been swapping couplets from the Grateful Dead tune, Box of Rain, with another forum member.  I was just thanking him for reminding me of music that I love.  I like so many kinds - if I had to pick only one it would be touch, but I guess folk music is one I'd hate to be without.
My taste of music have varied so much throughout the years but lately I really enjoy jazz and any other music that is soothing.   I use to really enjoy blues back when I was drinking, but I find it hard to listen to it sober.
  It’s hard for me to say because I like almost all forms of music. I never really cared much for Rap or Pop.

“The music was sad, but it touched my heart and I was no longer alone.”

While I was txing, I would listen only to dark music. It seemed to be the only thing I could relate to. I watched The Wallflowers “One Headlight” over and over on youtube.
I was like a little kid with my first album. I played it so much I had to stack coins above the needle to keep it from skipping.
The things we listened to as teens was so DARK, no wonder it was hard to grow up.  I listened to Joni Mitchell obsessively.  I like everything but must confess I don't like straight country (bluegrass is great) or experimental jazz. I'm listening to a lot of NIN, Bush, Dropkick Murpheys, loud angry stuff, the louder the better.

I like Mozart as much as Beethoven (the chorale from the 9th will always be my favorite).  Oddly, it's hard to keep my attention on the beautiful, calming stuff.  Guess that says something about my INF side effect, agitation!  :)
On tx half the time it was older stuff - It's A Beautiful Day, Hot Tuna, Grateful Dead - and the other half of the time it was 'newer', thrashier stuff - Foo Fighters, RHCP, Offspring, Nirvana.
Nowadays it's anything from the heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iDTv7Odtso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOVWqhGXVNA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUcBrcnPV9I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygKgiIZNbLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44cH_T8-lbA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZYoT6l7rrw
I love all kinds of music from world, jazz, classical, rock, soul, R&B, hiphop, but cannot listen to country music. (sorry if I am offending anyone)

I grew up listening to everything and started studying music, too. The strange thing that it mostly annoyed me during tx. Just shows how unpredictable tx is.

I love almost all music. I like a lot of old hippie music and just about anything that is unique. Jazz is good and I like it but I do not listen to it a lot.

Some favorites are Spirit, Traffic, Al Kooper (BS&T and Super Session), Dylan, Allman Brothers, John Hyatt, Grateful Dead, Warren Zevon, Jeff Beck, Keb Mo.

Allman Brothers, Marshal Tucker and Niel Young are about as "country" as I get into, though I do like bluegrass.

I have always loved classical music. Barber's Adagio has soothed me. My childhood favorites were Dvorak, Rimskey-Korsakov, Beethoven, Mozart. I guess a live performance of Beethoven's 9th Symphony is close to the most amazing music ever.

During time on the TP list and TX, I listened to Arlo Guthrie and Allman Brothers for some strange reason ... ??
I grew up in the late fortys, 50s 60s to present and I still get a magic feeling everytime I hear Stevie Wonder, the old young Elvis, Fats just to name a few but I love how music continuously evolves-Rap?No. Country?    Sorry-everything rhymes bad.  Now Hank Williams Sr could make me Hear That Lonesome Whipperwill-Willie Nelson I like but my passion is Andrea Bocelli -the three tenors-The Irish tenors-Oueen and ol Pink Floyd-oh, a little Sting-No, I'm not Gay-(not that thers anything wrong with that)...I'm a fisherman and when I go out or come in I blast the Harbor like The choppers did in that movie Apocalypse Now-Love it!  Can't imagine life without music.  It would be like a life without smiles, hugs and tears
since I play guitar ,bass ,slide ,{alittle keyboards} Im partial to good  guitarists , al demiola , jeff beck , early rick derringer { w white trash ,live at the apollo}  johnny winter , lowell george , keb mo , doyle dykes ,tuck andress  ,zappa                  , any good fretless bass player ,and the best guitarist in the world   tommy emmanual !   many people never heard of  TE ,but eric clapton was quoted as saying { on the record },he is the best guitar player out there .    Ive been playing since 8 yrs old ,and after watching tommy play ,I wanted to chuck my fiddle out the window  .as a child I remember being enthrawled by  marching music my grandmother played . music has helped me thru the worst of my tx , and I just found out my daughter has a natural talent for  playing also ,          I will never forget ,I asked someone [one time } what kinda music do you like ? they said "I dont like music "   I felt bad for them  
When i`ve got the white album in christmas present I was crying because it was so good.
I also like all music  that comes from the heart from punk to opera and yes Beethoven is the greatest for me.

I have a paychanell its called viasat golf and see the pga tour every week directly on that and the music they are playing there is the most aweful music I ever heard its not music its disharmonic noice i have to shut the sound of everytime I here it I thought golf was a sport from heaven but this guys mixe it with something from hell.

If you have seen the pga tour you know what I´m talking about or is it just in Sweden we hear this!!??

Its everytime its not in direct broadcast they put this music on I think its mashine music.

ca

Ps I also like country music like Dolly Partons Jolene and much more ot hat kind???
Growing up I remember 1971-1972 vividly- (those were my crazy insane years)
I listened to Hendrix, Joplin, Santana, Malo, Traffic, Crosby, Stills Nash & Young,
Beatles of course, Jethro Tull, Marvin gaye, Tammi Terrell, lots of Stevie Wonder, Allman Brothers, I can go on and on. It really doesnt stop.

I still listen to the music of he past...I also LOVE Cousteau with a passion.
Love Bocelli, lots of Yanni's orchestration,

Still crazy after all these years........I love it all EXCEPT FOR RAP!!
When I hear it from someone else's car radio and my car starts to shake from the loudness of the music if thats what you want to call it. I call it !#$%^&*!!!!
I want to bang my head against the wall only thing thats worse is TX!!
Charm
And Benise!! hoe can I forget Benise!

Have a good day everyone!
add a C to Rap and that sums it up for me.  Anyone remember Roy Head?  I went to school with Steve Bilao Tyrell-B.J. Thomas is a hepper-met him thru Steve before his first hit Garner State Park in the sixtys when every other kid had a garage band hoping to make it big.  Those were the days-attic fans, crystal radios and Sillhouettes on the Shades!  Sweet long summer nights.  I think the first druggy album I ever heard was by the Bananas-something God*** the Pushin Man.  Ahh Sonny and Cher-man, those were the days...He's a Rebel, Johnny Angel, Brenda Lee, I'm Sorry, Leader of the pack and Tiny Tim!  Just kidding!  Remember Wolf Man Jack?  Gawd life was so simple and sweet!
Public television recently broadcast a Blind Faith reunion concert with Eric Clapton and Steve Windwood - two of my favorites.  I love the Roy Orbison Black and White NIght concert also - so many brilliant talents on that one!

How can anybody not like music?  That is so sad.
I tried to post some youtube links to some good music and get a message they were deleted due to copyright claims.  I have mixed feeling about that.

In some sense, music should be free, but I understand that people have to make money and pay bills.
Copyright also protects ownership. Even if it's okay for you to listen to it free doesn't mean it's okay for Chrysler or Apple to take it for free and use it to promote their products . . .

Anyway . . .

Brahms. Anytime. I listened to my records of the symphanies when I was a teen. The Angel recordings, I think conducted by Klemperer. Beautiful soaring yearning and dramatic, full of angst oh how I loved them. Still do. Plus I later discovered his piano concerto played by Stephen Hough. Oh soo good.

I also listened to Prokofiev then. The music he wrote to go with the film Alexander Nevsky. Lovely heavy Russian stuff. Definitely dark. Loved the swelling choruses. May have to find a copy of that again now that I think of it. I also loved his Winter Dreams symphony, which was his first. I do have that somewhere on CD or in my iTunes. I think.

My mother would listen to the third act of Tosca over and over again  (no, I wasn't the only one with angst in my life at that time). It was the act where Maria realizes how Scarpia has played her and she jumps to her death. Many years later I bought a copy of Tosca but it was the *wrong* Tosca! After some searching I discovered that Leontyne Price was the Tosca of my adolescence and I found a CD of her performance and it was just perfect.

Yes, I love music. I'm not good at pop music, but I love all the rest from rock to jazz to koto.
jd ---- omg -- one of my all time favorite songs -- Box of Rain  ------- someday let me tell you a little secret..............

I always thought if I was ever marooned on a desert island I would want tunes with me

Grateful Dead - Touch of Gray (there are many other favorites)
Bob Dylan -- Just Like  Woman
Stones -- Can't remember the name but it is a musical interlude on the album with Brown Sugar and Wild Horses

dsrt - Hot Tuna - brings back memories .  For awhile I lived about 3 blocks from the Airplane House.   Have you heard Yorma's latest album (cd)?  terrific.

Ahh the good old days at Filmore West

frijole
What is Cyndi Lauper doing with a spider on her head?
When I came out of ICU after my transplant, I was flooded with memories from childhood and started singing up a storm. I sang little kids songs, camp songs, songs from bar mitzphas and weddings, Motown songs etc, etc.
  Even in ICU I heard music in my head all the time.

I think music is connected to the rhythm of our heart beat.

I'm a painter who loves visual art but aural art touches everybody.
Just the sound of wind blowing thru a weeping willow is music to my soul, or a babbling creek, far off thunder, leaves blowing down the street.  Yes, Music is all around us and in our blood.
I find myself enjoying listening to the "oldies" of the 70's...  WOW, I never in a million years would have thought of myself saying that the 70's music was the oldies, but it is now considered that to the younger generation.  I am dating myself for sure on this one!  I can't help it, I just like the music from back then better than, the stuff that's come out in the past 10 years!  I love the Eagle's, Van Halen, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Aerosmith, Boston, Kansas, ..... and even some of the pop from back then.  Interestingly enough, alot of these groups are STILL touring as 'old' rockers and getting a huge turnout at the venues, too.  As a Christian now, though, I also enjoy listening to contemporary Christian music as well- which can have just as much of a rock music style, but with Christian lyrics.  I like some classical when I'm in the right mood for it.  I hate easy listening/elevator music with a passion!  I'm also not too fond of bluegrass music.  There's very little hip/hop or rap that I like either, but I have on a rare occasion heard one of them that appealed to me when I was in spin class and they had it on in there.  Take care.  Susan400
I find Contemporary Christian Music appealing as well.  Up-lifting and fresh-hopeful I guess is the word I'm looking for.
I saw him live in Greenwich Village before he was famous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueGuzmotwaI
It's funny how music brings up a memory; it's not like remembering it from a distance; it's more like re-living the experience.
Yes, Yes...a mellow way of putting it A
Thank you for that utube.   My what a sweet baby face Bob Dylan had in 1966.  I don't know why, timing I guess, but I have never seen Bob Dylan play.  When I lived in Cleveland, about that time, my parents would let me go to La Cav - a beat coffee house/bar in the university area.  Little did they know how wild it really was there.  But I saw a lot of the folk greats then - Judy Collins, Dave Van Ronk, The Stone Ponies (with Linda Ronstadt), Tim Buckley.......  I love that era.  Thanks for the memories
frijole
" For awhile I lived about 3 blocks from the Airplane House."
Not at the corner of 8th and Fulton by any chance?
I was staying at a hotel on St John, US Virgin Islands.  We went to the hotel restaurant for dinner and ended up sitting next to Judy Collins.  The hotel had small open bus to take guests back to their rooms and she sat down next to me.

We chatted about snorkelling and swimming all the way back to her room and I never mentioned that I knew who she was.   When we got back to NY, I looked her up on the net and found her website.  I sent her a message saying that I was the guy in with the gray beard that she met at Caneel Bay.  I never expected to hear back from her, but she sent me an email the next day saying that she remembered me and hoped to see my wife and I back at the hotel the same time next year.  I saved the email!
Ah, Caneel Bay!  What a great place.  I also love their hotel on Virgin Gorda - Little Dix Bay.  I was there at the same time as Princess Margaret once, long ago.

Ok, now you have me thinking how much I really want to go back to BVI.

jd
I spent two winters sailing there on my own boat!  It was one of the best times of my entire life.  I hope to do that again one of these days. I spent hours snorkeling and sailing; my two most favorite leisure pastimes.

Eric
One of my favorite songs ever is The Rolling Stones, "Time Waits for No One". Must have been late 60's when that came out. I don't remember because I didn't start getting into music until about 1974. First album was The Rolling Stones "Through the Past Darkly". Beatles compilations came shortly after that. Grew up on Zeppelin, Hendrix and Rush. I have a huge collection of '80s music (I think I like it so much because it's about all I remember from that decade. It almost killed me). I enjoy country on occasion. Actually I like anything but that Gangsta Rap. I really like Linkin Park, and they are rap, but there's music in there. I classify  them  as 'white rap'. I'll check VH1 every now and then for the top 20 to try to keep up with the current stuff. Some of it is really good. Shinedown for instance, does 'Second Chance'. I saw them on Leno or Letterman. Turns out Second Chance is about one of the members drug addiction, you can pretty much tell from the lyrics. Good thread! Everyone can relate to music.
Yes, I believe that is where it was.   Was Fulton the street running along side of Golden Gate Park?  I lived in about 3 streets.

OK, fess up, girl, when where you there? I wonder if our paths crossed.  I lived in SF from 1969 - 1972.

I really loved the second utube track -- the guitarists playing Chic Corea.  Amazing
frijole
How cool to read the responses!

I think my first album from a friend was  Bobbie Gentry  "Ode to Billy Joe"....My brother was buying all of  Bob Dylan albums and was completely disgusted, but I liked it anyway..
My favorite album around that time was Déjà Vu. We also would go to a local hangout called Rainy Daze that featured Alice Cooper and Ted Nugent playing for a bunch of young teenage kids. (like 14 and 15)

I loved the visual effect of the Who Sell Out...anyone remember that cover?
"...fess up, girl...."
Sheesh, I admit to living in SF, and next thing you know I'm undergoing gender reassignment.

Thanks for the heads up on Jorma's new album, though ;-)
Frijole - No kidding, Chic Corea? Don't forget Tim Weisberg and Chuck Mangione. Long time since I heard them. I have albums somwhere, but not in digital.

JD - My favorite Grateful Dead song is probably Ripple. I like so many of their songs that it is hard to say.
Ripple - yes, I like that too.  Went thru a ripple stage myself ---- oh no, that was Red Daimond --- evil stuff.........  no, kidding aside i love that Dead song.  Boy they could spin some tunes!

The Chic Corea songs were sung by Al Dimeola and John McLaughlin who I had never heard of -- it is the second utube link on desrt's first thread.

frijole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO0f2Yb7DAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIFFRHBCPzA
Is a Ripple phase like an Annie Greensprings phase or more like an MD 20/20 phase?

I didn't know Al sang. I am only familiar with his guitar work. I'll check out the tube links.
Wow, I am listing to the Al Dimeola and John now. Stunning. Hearing a lot more than "Tales form the Black Forrest".  Thanks for the links, Desrt
All from the heart .... I could listen to these all night. Thanks for the lift, desrt.
md 2o/20

glad that phase didn't last too long    (or I might be dead)
I remember those from my days with uncle sam. It was not a problem for me but I was well acquainted with the bottles around the barracks. I do remember buying Ripple for $0.75/quart during high school years. Yeah, it was overpriced!

Glad you survived, too!
Remember Boones Farm Strawberry Hill?
I remember it being a dollar.

"What's the price?
fifty twice"
Boones Farm Strawberry Hill....reminds me of history class in 10th grade-passing the bottle across the back row during movies in class.  Probably shouldn't admit that....is it any wonder I'm still in school at this late age??

Late bloomer-Isobella
i'm a contradiction when it comes to music, i love classic, rap, JAZZ (Norah Jones-type), piano blues, but no rock.

Jordin Sparks- One step at a time
At my last high school reunion (25 yrs. the 30 is next year), one of my old buds brought up throwing up in Spanish class after drinking Green Creme de Menthe out of my parents liquor cabinet in the morning before school. That was 8th grade :( Her husband asked if all we ever did was drink. Pretty much, that and smoke weed. I'm back in school, too, sans booze and weed.
Annie----Ah, kindred souls-creme de menthe--I remember that headache.

Lala----don't repeat that story to Sasa ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jexNsBjz1r8&feature=related
Boonesfarm! That is the other name I was trying to think of. Very popular at Ft. Hood in '72. A llittle too much 'nose' for me though.

Eric - I like Leonard Cohen. That tune sounded a little like Suzanne. Same chord progression I guess. Very nice.
My friends drank Mateus rose.  I liked Zeller Schwartz Katz - I guess from my misspent days in West Germany during the army-brat years!

Ah, Suzanne!  Takes me back...
JD: Did you listen to the sisters of mercy link I posted?  Mateus - now that set of some neurons.  I remember drinking that, smoking a J and listening to the doors.  Lived on 82nd and first in those days (before sailing).

Brent: Boonesfarm !! now that could really make you sick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_f2xU_h02A&feature=PlayList&p=99E5C1F56901EB4C&index=0&playnext=1
The above link is to one of my playlists on YouTube.
I know. It's a weird mix.
"What's the word?
Thunderbird.
What's the price?
fifty twice."

Don't ask me how in the world I can remember that!
When I started my tx about a year ago I would listen to almost only "stoner rock" like Queens Of the Stone Age, Tool, Kyuss and stuff like that, but during the treatment my taste has changed. I still love my "old music" but the last year I have needed more happy tunes. I startes to listen to Kate Nash, Eels and similar. When I was planning on going out I would take an hour listening to the happiest music I could find, to get in the mood of being social, so I would not sit quiet as a mouse when I was with friends.
I think I have heard that that jingle.

Funny, the things that stick in the mind. I can always remember the color codes on resistors from a naughty little jingle. Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly = B(lack)B(rown)R(ed)O(range)Y(ellow)G(reen)B(lue)V(iolet)G(ray)W(hite) = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, respectively.

I guess most folks won't find that very useful.

Haven't had time to listen to sisters of mercy link yet. Running around a lot experiencing the abundant culture to be found at airports, rental cars counters.
It's a beautiful song.
Nice music. David LaFlame's little brother used to hustle me for marbles playing "keepsies" when I was little. I was slow to catch on that I was getting fleeced.

That accoustic version of Pachelbel's Canon was very good!

Bob Dylan is playing in Lubbock, Tx in a month.  As I said, I have never been to one of his concerts, nor has my hubby.  We are seriously considering it - it is about a 2 hour drive.  Although I have always liked his caustic voice, I do think it is shot from cigarettes now.  Still I would love to see him.
frijole
The first concert I ever saw was Bob Dylan.  Great show, and lots of artists showed up and sat in.

Joan Baez, Arlo Guthrie and Roger McGuinn were there, to name a few!
Texas  is a long drive for me, but I might consider it depending on the date.  I first heard Bob Dylan playing in a small coffee house in Greenwich Village, back in my hippie days.  I think he is a poet and like Leonard Cohen and I never tire of his music.
I'd go but I'm needed at home just now...the pump don't work 'cause the vandal took the handle!
I love Dylan. My wife and kids make fun of me when we travel and I listen to Dylan.

My first concert was "Herman's Hermits" (in '66 or 67?), no kidding! But here's the killer: their warmup act was then little-known The Who!  After Pete and company smashed up all their instruments and amps throwing pieces into the audience (I am pretty sure OSHA would not allow that now), the crowd went wild. Not many stayed to hear Peter Noone sing "Mrs Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter"  :-)

I always think about that concert when I hear John Hyatt sing "Perfectly Good Guitar"!
I listened to a couple of selections from Sisters of Mercy (not sure if they were the ones you posted or not). Very heavy. Reminds me I need to get my Cymbalta prescription refilled! ;-)

B.

P.S. Not nearly as depressing as thinking about listening to Herman's Hermits.
Saw The Who at the infamous '73 Cow Palace show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Zmlt1uAgo

Both Dylan and Mellenkamp are on my 'bucket list' (saw Willie in Alpine a couple years ago when he played in support of our local Public Radio station) and Lubbock is only a six hour drive - right next door for West Texas ...
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm memories -- remember those brown rice fasts? 10 days on brown rice, drop acid and go see the Who at the Filmore.  WOW

Ah, brown rice.  Nothing like a concert hall full of constipated, tripping hippies!

Hey, the Clearwater Festival is going on in Beacon NY this weekend, for those close enough to get there.  Pete Seeger, Arlo Guthrie, Taj Mahal, Tao Rodriguez, Susan Tedeschi (sp?) and many more.  Pete is 90 this year so get out to see him while you still can!
I saw Pete Seger when he used to play in the streets of NY on the weekends.  He had the group that used to play on the Clearwater: the sloop that he sailed up and down the Hudson.  It might have been the Weavers, but who knows.

Constipated tripping hippies - what a concept :).

I do remember when LSD was legal and you could buy it over the counter in the village and then listen to Dylan at the Cafe Wha.  The vector was a sugar cube with a drop of acid on it, wrapped in tin foil.  You never knew what the dosage would be.  You could be just a little high or drifting among atoms while you discovered the basic nature of the universe.

Not to mention having sex with someone by just looking at them while you both smiled knowingly.  Ah those 60s - quite the time.  Birth control pills and no aids to worry about.
and how exactly did we get to be the age we are?

wow - the things we did.  jd - that festival sounds wonderful - especially with the cool summer you have been having up there.

desrt - you know that concert in Lubbuck IS Bob Dylan AND John Mellencamp (with a little Willie thrown in on the side) IT is August 8 at the Jones Stadium. You could check off 2 on your bucket list -------------- wear a red bandana!
frjole
I think somebody snuck up on us while we were stoned!
Holy mackerel! Pete Seeger is 90! I had not a clue..I knew he was up there but not 90!

Wow! but then again I was just 17!

Charm
I saw Pete and Arlo at Carnegie Hall at Thanksgiving, a great show!
I was too busy typing away on here thru tx to listen to much music ;)

Had to say hello Eric. Nothing better then fine wine, good music! (ok, I know we can't/shouldn't do the wine, memories here! ;)

Blues would have to be my first choice, then all but rap, pop.
I'm too old and it's too loud!

hugs dear man, LL
Great to talk to you.  Blues are up there for me too.  There is quite a blues scene in southwest Florida;  there is a South Coast Blues society on the web with lots of concerts.

Hugs to you too.  It's time for another lunch!
Eric
http://stagevu.com/video/lqwfcwklssui
I love all types of music ♫ - rock, ♫ blues, jazz, classical, soul, R&B, hiphop, even country and some RAP to varying degrees. Driving to work, I'm in traffic a lot (I like the group traffic a lot also - ♫♫ take the long road home ♫♫) so I find myself listening to more music while on tx that pre-tx.  I used to listen to talk radio in the morning but not now.

♫ stacie ♫
I hated rap music when it first came out,now i love it.
Traffic - good old fashioned medicated goo! Love Stevie W.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVlbgqmxXNY

"The percentage you're paying is too high priced
while you're living beyond all your means.
And the man in the suit has just bought a new car
from the profit he's made on your dreams..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_nwbTeIN4Y&NR=1

Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune
Something to make us all happy
Do anything take us out of this gloom
Sing a song, play guitar
Make it snappy
You are the one who can make us all laugh
But doing that you break out in tears
Please don't be sad if it was a straight mind you had
We wouldn't have known you all these years
Oooo Ahhhhh
Oooo Ahhhhh
Oooo Ahhhhh
Oooo Ahhhhh Ahhhhh

Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune
Something to make us all happy
Do anything take us out of this gloom
Sing a song, play guitar
Make it snappy
Yeah, yeah

[Instrumental]

Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune
Something to make us all happy
Do anything take us out of this gloom
Sing a song, play guitar
Make it snappy
But doing that you break out in tears
"Oh, help me in my weakness,"
I heard the drifter say,
As they carried him from the courtroom
And were taking him away.
"My trip hasn't been a pleasant one
And my time it isn't long,
And I still do not know
What it was that I've done wrong."

Well, the judge, he cast his robe aside,
A tear came to his eye,
"You fail to understand," he said,
"Why must you even try?"
Outside, the crowd was stirring,
You could hear it from the door.
Inside, the judge was stepping down,
While the jury cried for more.

"Oh, stop that cursed jury,"
Cried the attendant and the nurse,
"The trial was bad enough,
But this is ten times worse."
Just then a bolt of lightning
Struck the courthouse out of shape,
And while ev'rybody knelt to pray
The drifter did escape.
I love music so much im heading down to beach with my movie camera to shoot some cool bands at the JAZZ/BLUES festival today,maybe ill post some videos.
I love Jazz and Blues.  Please post the videos!
♫♫ "we were children playing with toys....." ♫♫  

Boy that takes me back desrt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLVo1C3g-4U&feature=PlayList&p=B37623C47B128C4C&index=0

With a backpack full of yesterdays
On a freeway full of smoke and haze
Where the power lines and fault lines double cross
I left our yellow porch light on
No one will notice no one's home
And no one else will notice what was lost

I lost my home when the deal went bust
To the so-called security and trust
I planned my life the way they said I should
I sent my wife and kids ahead
I'm right behind you, so I said
I'll be there when I get there if that's good

Chorus

Now I'm leaving California for the dust bowl
They took it all, there's nowhere else to go
The pastures of plenty are burning by the sea
And I'm just a homeland refugee

There's a plastic sack by a barbwire fence
A burned out beer truck full of dents
A dried up stock pond by an old canal
Between the towns the desert sands
Filling up with empty cans
Container trains, casinos and canals

Chorus

My Grandpa used to tell about
The way the bankers drove them out
In the wind and the dust in the crash of ‘29
They crossed the desert headed west
They swore that it was for the best
They reassured the ones they left behind

There's some refugees from Mexico
Behind an abandoned Texaco
We nod and smile, it's clear we're all the same
For everything this world is worth
We're all just migrants on this earth
Returning to the dust from where we came

Chorus
Those of us in the northeast, NY Public television (channel 13) is broadcasting the Pete Seeger 90th birthday concert recorded at Madison Square Garden this May.  Bruce Springsteen headlined it and gathered together so many greats that I can't begin to name them all.  I can hardly wait to get a copy of this show!

Happy (belated) birthday Pete!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkZId7SrJ2E
Only Eric can put together a thread that lives over month actively! Erik you have a gift and likely should be doing a daily blog that pertain mainly to your interests as it seems to always strike a cord with the crowd. Thanks for your willingness to always share! I know I can come back to this little Oasis and almost always leave with a 'lighter load' to carry...
ok, cheesy pun intended: sounds like you struck a chord with people on this one. No, i have to admit i haven't read the hundred or so responses you have to this thread, but i'm responding to ur querry, not other peoples' answers. Music is my lifeblood. I'm llistening as I type to a playlist I titled :The Ones I Felt Like Listening To That One Day". seems 'that day' whenever it was, i had good taste.

Music transforms me. It absolutely CAN soothe the savage beast. I'm really into Motzart now...as well as pop, hip-hop, dance, trance, hard rock....it helps express, and sometimes, more importantly change my moods.

It's 7am here on the east coast, and mu hubby and lil guys will soon be up, so i have to take out the earphones and head off to make coffee, and who knows...maybe breakfast? But anyway, Yes. I need music to survive, and it's killing mt not to be able to sing loud and clear in this apartment bldg. we live in now...can't walk down the street because of murders, rapes, kidnappings......a murder happened 3 or 4 days ago about 1/2 mile from my home.....a guy walking on the side of the road....now i'm afraid to leave my white-walled prison and take a walk without my pepper/CS militarty gas spray and my switchblade (yes, I'm a woman).

Anyway, time to make the donughts, as they used to say.

BFN,
~Charlotte
FullOfHope: great tosee you back.  I don't post regularly, but I do show up once a week or so.  I hope all is well with you.

Charlotte: Yes Mozart is wonderful.  Might make you smarter by listening to it - LOL.
What is BFN?
Saw part of the Pete Seeger birthday party Monday.  Saw part of the Winwood and Clapton concert last night.  Hooray for public TV --- need to go online and make a contribution.

Music is wonderful

I just can't resist this ---

What's with your buddy, Steven.  Fell off the friggin' stage?
Mellencamp was fantastic - great band, great music, great everything. Willie turned in a journeyman performance - voice still beautifuly rsesonant, played, all the hits, good band (including his sister). His vocals were a little clipped - almost 'spoken word', but I guess you can't have sustain and resonance after all these years.  Too bad about Dylan. Band sounded like they'd been together about a week, whoever was at the mixing board must've been high, and only the first two songs were barely intelligible. We tryed not to be among the first waves headed out, but I came to hear the words and the music, not incoherent hard rock.
Looks like you picked the wrong concert. Sorry. I seriously considered Dylan in Lubbock but we camped out and tried to catch the meteor shower instead (that was a bust - kind of like sleeping under a naked light bulb - with the full moon).  

The Steve Miller concert in Odessa was remarkable.  a full sound mix of oldies and blues and new music.  Tight band and sweet guitar.  They don't call him Stevie Guitar Miller for nothin' -- he must have played at least 10 different guitars.  His voice is still clear and sweet but he did have trouble with sustained high notes and it was giving out a bit after the first 2 hours of play.  He played 2 1/2 hours and I heard ECISD (the school district that sponsored the event) made 4x what they made last year when they had Huey Lewis.  Now I must buy some music by him.  By the way, he seemed like a really nice guy too.

frijole
Been away. Glad to see this thread still here.

dsrt: I guess if I had a straight mind, I might not be here. ;-)
Nothing sustains but the roll right stones.
You know the day destroys the night
Night divides the day
Tried to run
Tried to hide
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side, yeah

We chased our pleasures here
Dug our treasures there
But can you still recall
The time we cried
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB1b_zhg04Y&feature=channel

Rain on the Scarecrow

Scarecrow on a wooden cross blackbird in the barn
Four hundred empty acres that used to be my farm
I grew up like my daddy did my grandpa cleared this land
When I was five I walked the fence while grandpa held my hand

Chorus:
Rain on the scarecrow blood on the plow
This land fed a nation this land made me proud
And son Im just sorry theres no legacy for you now
Rain on the scarecrow blood on the plow
Rain on the scarecrow blood on the plow

The crops we grew last summer werent enough to pay the loans
Couldnt buy the seed to plant this spring and the farmers bank foreclosed
Called my old friend schepman up to auction off the land
He said john its just my job and I hope you understand
Hey calling it your job ol hoss sure dont make it right
But if you want me to Ill say a prayer for your soul tonight
And grandmas on the front porch swing with a Bible in her hand
Sometimes I hear her singing take me to the promised land
When you take away a mans dignity he cant work his fields and cows

Therell be blood on the scarecrow blood on the plow
Blood on the scarecrow blood on the plow

Well theres ninety-seven crosses planted in the courthouse yard
Ninety-seven families who lost ninety-seven farms
I think about my grandpa and my neighbors and my name
And some nights I feel like dyin like that scarecrow in the rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrOwq-IY6AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eDkAG3R0h8&feature=related
Better version of 'Pink Houses'
"Acoustic"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbZJ05E3B20
I thought this would be better to post on this thread.My husband is into vintage Mcintosh and Altec Gear.So we have been listening to ALL kinds of music.If you love music the way you say you should get some Altec Lansing and see what music is suppose to sound like.The vintage Altec is disappearing at an alarming rate.Being bought and shipped overseas.Anything of quality, USA made and is vintage is being sold for 5 to 6 x's what it brings here.Try an MX110 preamplifier-tuner and a MC 240, tubed amp.For the speakers try Altec model 19.Listen to a favorite artist perform live in your home.Wow, nothing compares unless your there.         Tammy
Thanks for the critique of the audio elite.  I have 1970s era Audio Research amp and preamp along with KEF speakers.  Some of the best equipment ever made.  Have you listened to the new state of the art systems?

I stopped by a high end store to get some replacement parts and listened to a top of the line system.  The prices have gone bonkers!  A state of the art system can cost upwards of $200,000.  Completely crazy for anyone to pay that much money.

Eric.
New stuff? It wasn't that long ago (it seems) that I scrapped my eight track!
:-)
but of courze
Yes we have listented to the state of the art systems such as: Krell.Enjoyed very much but didn't think it was worth that much money.We'll be sticking with the McIntosh , 1964 pre amp and Mc 2505 amp., with the voice of the theatre speakers.We listen to music alot.Enjoy very much.
Not only state of the art stuff is going bonkers.People are buying the vintage good stuff up and shipping to China.Check out www.audiokarma.com                     Tammy
I can't do ANYTHING without my headphones inside my head. It's like oxygen to me!! I am addicted.
Went to a gala at a local museum.

Listened to string quartets with the music reverberating in the gallery. Looking at Titian, El Greco and Rubens while listening to Haydn. Followed that with Beethoven's 4th piano concerto and then the 5th symphony at the Asalo hall. The music ranged from sublime to heroic and of course, always hopeful.
A great song by Joan Biaz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uL4SVdN9Pw&feature=related

I remember the first time I heard her.  I was in the book store across the street from CCNY buying some books for school.  Her song started and I instantly stopped what I was doing.  It was so beautiful, the clarity of her voice and the tempo so perfect that it was unforgettable.  I started asking people around me who the singer was until I finally found someone that knew of her.

I have been a fan ever since -- that must have been 1961.  She sang old English folk songs, country and the latest Bob Dylan songs all equally perfect.
Saw her in 1986 at the Amnesty International benefit in Denver. She did 'The Times They Are A 'Changing' acapella. Sent shivers up my spine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjc6bH9OTm4
I've been listening to music on earphones some lately as well, but I'm concerned that it might make the ringing in my ears worse.    

I don't usually have the volume up very high (I do this at work and need to hear the phone or if anyone is talking to me).  

I used to sing Joan Biaz songs with my mom.  In fact, I just got her another song book, it is the same one we had back in the 60's, but this one is new.  
I love the Sirius XM Satellite radio in my new car. I'll come home and just sit there in the parking space listening instead of going in. I have a button on my steering wheel that will navigate through the satellites and channels. God there are so many choices and so many niche stations. One of my favorites is Willie's Place. I like Boneyard, Classic Vinyl, Sinatra, Spa, "The 80's Channel", NPR, CNBC, the french station, "The Village"(folk music).
CNBC can raise your blood pressure.
It's Joan Baez.  Just had to say that.  Couldn't take it anymore. :)
I was listening to a jazz radio station while driving to my daughter's yesterday.  A tune from Peggy Lee came on - "I love the way you're breaking my heart" .. had tears running down my face.  Love Harry Connick Jr., that man's voice is magic.  Oscar Peterson, Canadian jazz man, is in a class of his own.  

Canadian guitarist Colin James - that man can swing AND rock n' roll.  His Big Band albums are fabulous stuff - that'll get you moving.  Check out Colin James and the Little Big Band on YouTube.  Some great stuff there.

Went to hear the Montreal Symphony Orchestra with a girlfriend last year, sat near the front.  Now I know why they call it a "symphony".  It was stunning visually and musically and left quite an impression on me.  I had never been to a symphony before that and I would love to go again.

There is a group out of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia called Men of the Deeps.  A group of coalminers who sing a capella, they wear mining caps on their heads with the head lanterns.  They sing some lovely haunting tunes, some in tribute to the miners who have been lost over the years in the "deeps" ..

And of course...Celtic music, particularly the kitchen party variety.  I cannot keep still to that.  I'll be sitting in my chair and my feet will start tapping, then both my feet are dancing away, my hands join in clapping to the beat and sometimes I lose all inhibitions and I'm up on the floor doing my own unschooled version of step dancing and footwork, remnants of my brief Highland dancing education.  When my kids were little, I used to dance them all over the house to that.  That fills my soul with joy and at those moments I am reminded of the richness there is in life.

And then... of course...for me... pipe band music and the bagpipes in general.  My god...there is not much else that moves my soul the way the massed bands at the closing of the Highland Games moves my soul.  A hundred or more bagpipers playing in unison, the sound of the large drums - "boom-boom, boom-boom" at precise moments, swirling their toms in the air before each strike - all the big drum players together - and the small drum corps starting into their own tat-tat and growing louder and louder and louder...and then the pipes are lifted up, the chanters to the mouths and suddenly all at once, the hundred or so pipes begin...all unified  leading into the inevitable Amazing Grace.  I have not yet ever been able to have a dry eye while they play that. And the visuals watching them march off the field one one massed band, kilts swinging, drummers in unison, pipers playing all together, fingers flying on their chanters... the air is just *filled* with the sound of it all and it fills my soul and overflows  ... that's a little piece of heaven right there.

Yeah...I know.  To each his own though, eh?

So much eclectic and interesting music out there ..  such riches.
Joan Baez -- I know that.  I made a typo.  I make lots of them since I bought a new keyboard.
i thinck I amm goen 2 mizpel eveything jus two agrevate twish.
Ok...just gotta say

#1  my dad is a Scottish Highlander to the core.  He tought himself to play the pipes and has published a compilation listing of all piping tunes (dedicated to my mother). I grew up trying to fall asleep to him practicing pipes in the room next to mine.  So, now whenever I hear the pipes, I fall asleep ;)  I LOVE bagpipes!!!!!

almost forgot #2...after all my favs of hard rock: Led Zepplin, AC/DC and such, I have to admit to being a total groupie of this band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv-5snutHG0&feature=fvst

I (((HEART))) Switchfoot.  Yes, it's catchy and cliche', but so many of their lyrics ring true to my heart.  

The Sirius in my car stinks compared to the XM radio we have at the office.  

But any music in the theatre trumps most anything else.

Gotta shout out for Moussa Diallo.  I love weekends relaxing and putzing round the house with him belting thru the speakers.

Haha...just had to add my 2 cents (posts) to this thread cuz it's been going on for so long....

Izzy

So I'm driving to go skiing the night before the next day. Here I am in the Washington Cascade Mountain Range, miles from anything except Mt. Ranier, trying to avoid CNBC because I'm told it will raise my blood pressure, it's 9:00pm snowy like crazy, and lo and behold the "Bob Dylan Theme Time Radio Show" comes on "The Village" Sirius channel. Whoa! Wherever I am, I am in the right place all of a sudden.

His theme was sugar and all the songs about it. His DJ rap is as cool as his song lyrics that I grew up to. He ends the show explaining why someone should brush their teeth after eating sugar. He got down to the brass tacks about bacteria and waiting an hour before brushing. And he sounded convincing too. Here I was driving along, having Bob Dylan tell me to brush my teeth. . ..

To quote him after he played an old Cajun tune with kick *** accordian and unique guitar:
"Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of old music, but I just don't see anything new coming out of Left Field these days". . . .
"i thinck I amm goen 2 mizpel eveything jus two agrevate twish. "

twish...is that lisp a side effect of treatment?  You should do something about that .. it's a bit incongruous with that motorcycle you ride. ;->

Lov yoo two, Ricky  :)  Hope you're doing well.

Twish
Oh my gawd, Izzy .... I had no idea.  I knew there was a reason we clicked.  Your dad, my dad .. we should get them together. :)  My dad just hung up his bagpipes at 69.  He's been playing since he was 12, competing in Scotland with his band at the World's and all, a number of times.  It gets in your soul, doesn't it? Scottish Highlanders .. the very best kind. ;->  We're Isle of Barra in the Outer Hebrides, castle and all.  We'll have to talk...lol  :)
Scratchy, that's a cool story.  Makes me want to smoke a fatty, eat brown sugar and brush my teeth... :)
Yeah, I'm trying to think of a Bob Dylan radio show as a paradigm that will do to me like folk music did circa 1964 and the great guitar wars did circa 1968. Maybe I should listen to it a couple more times first. . . .
I remember no matter what was on the albums in those days, it was all good. Now everything is so diluted.
"My dad just hung up his bagpipes at 69."

Huh. I hung my bag and pipe at 69 once or twice myself. At least I don't have a daughter to go postin' about it on the internet. :)

I'm a victim of a bagpipe break-in. I had one in the back of my Geo Metro and someone came along and broke the window and threw in another one!
You got off easy - at least they didn't dump another Metro on you too....
"Now everything is so diluted."
I guess that depends on what you're listening to. The three shows I made it to this year were full strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQnf4qRRu_U
My favorite 58 year old radical vegetarian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w52ase9m6cg
Totally eclipsed the headliner, Dylan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oObL3Ajmr2Y
Lead singer Dexter Holland - Masters Degree and Doctoral candidate in Molecular Biology before deciding punk rock was more lucrative.
http://www.kgsr.com/listenlive/index.aspx

Listen live! Friday night Saxon Pub Austin, Tx.

Got to thinking about this and thought it would be of passing interest that I was here:
http://www.edintattoo.co.uk/programme/the-edinburgh-military-tattoo-programme-1964

... and I remember it like it was 45 years ago :)  Actually, I do remember: late, cold, damp, a blanket, jumping dogs, and about a million pipers and drummers flooding the field ....

Tried to go in 2006 but did not plan ahead for it ....
Wow, interesting post!  My life seems so boring compared to some of your posts!
Wow ... I did not know about that.  That would be an amazing experience.  Thanks for sharing that with me.  (check that out, Izzy!)

Let me know when you're going next time and I'll meet you there. ;->
Nice to see the twists and turns this music thread have taken.  Like Trish and Isobella,  my dad was enmeshed in the Scottish and Irish music scene, but not as a player - more as a groupie if you can imagine this 75 year old gray headed man with a twinkle in his eye and his "Up Your Kilt" t-shirt and his 4'10" grayheaded girlfriend.  He hit all the Scottish games and Irish music festivals from Michigan to Ohio to N Carolina and even out to Texas once.  When he died, an Irish baggpipe player played at his graveside and his favorite Irish band gave him a wake in his favorite Irish pub and composed  a song about him to include all his really bad jokes.  We buried him in his Up Your Kilt t-shirt.  I love the music too although can't get much of it here is West Tecas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkvLq0TYiwI
Do you like this one:) LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU5IODKNbNs

Hugs
Elaine
I'm sorry Andiamo, but in re: Don McLean, I have to go with Steve Martin's, "I don't what it is about that music, Mama, but it depresses me."
Even a white haired Jimmy Page seems cheerful in comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m9tDkic_GM
I do like it -- always did.

Thanks for the upbeat song.

I happen to love Van Gogh and this video was well done.

How are you my friend?
Eric
No need to ever apologize for you own tastes.
Loved the Van Gogh paintings. I can't hear Don McLean's voice without thinking of Driving my Chevy to the Levee and how that was on the radio 24/7 in 1971. I was usually driving my VW backcountry to go fishing while it was playing. So, I didn't have a Chevy. I loved my VW which my mechanic uncle called Hitler's Revenge every time I brought it into his gas station. - good memories.
I don't have Sirius but when I travel and rent cars they often do. I heard the Dylan Theme show and though it was some DJ impersonating him. Is it really Dylan?? How cool! I feel really stupid.

Brent
Glad you liked it.  I don't have a Sirius radio, so I know nothing.
Eric
May have been posted, but worth a second listen IMO>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WPyzqRjSI0
It is Dylan; I caught his show once on sat. radio.  He picks a theme for his show and I think I heard one themed on civil rights movement, playing music all somehow related.  He seemed so clever and 'normal'.
Ohhhh my Gooddnnnnnesss at the replys well dunno if youll ever even see this. But Yes music is my First Love  I have my laptop hooked up to my 1000 watt home stereo and still not enough I love stuff like Enigma & Jens Gad  here is a link ya gatta check out   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtNFQ7RJbaQ     Keep Onnnn rocking !!!!
Beautiful World - I Know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W5KShUstyc
This has been my cellphone ringtone for many years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkVGClqrT4

I saw Dylan in Greenwich village when he was just starting out.  I think it was the Cafe Wha.  It was just a small bar and no one knew Dylan at all then.  It was a couple of years before he became famous.

I love music, I always have, I use to aspire to be a music teacher.  I play classical flute and piano, and one of my favorite composers is beethoven.  When I was in high school, I only listened to classical music.  I was in every music organization possible.  I still play flute and piano, and am on a different career path, however I am still involved in music organizations and still practice my two main instruments.  I also listen to a broader range of music now...alt rock, musicals, classical (still), and many others.
   Music is a massive part of my life, it has unbelievable healing power, and I could absolutly lose myself in it.
Classical is my favorite also.  My father was a professional musician.

Here is a great one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmo0H3jxGCA
A playlist with a couple of my favorite,  young, acoustic guitatists. Henry Garza (Los Lonely Boys) of San Angelo, Tx. and Noemi B. a Hungarian singer/songwriter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax8jxVaz5A0&feature=PlayList&p=51E52867DBFC91E2&index=0

Also, for those who appreciate the 'harder stuff', a compilation of White Stripes clips from their 'Blackpool Lights' performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ5PecEFzOg&feature=PlayList&p=9AEBD461C379E106&index=0
only one thing as good as music:
dancing
they both go pretty good together too!
All of the music, that we listened to as teenagers, is still great stuff to this day. My husband and I love the 70s stuff too. Eric clapton, Journey, Heart, Fleetwood mac, The doors, Bob seeger, R.E.O. speedwagon, Juthro Tull, Pink floyd, just to name a few, lol. The problem we're having, is finding good recordings. The format that todays digital recordings are recorded in, just *****. We would love to go to the music store and buy some of these artists cds, butttt the way it sounds doesn't do any of the the music justice. Highly compressed sound tracks dumped onto a cd, capable of holding 50 songs just doesn't sound right to my ears. The new vinyl is the same way, even worse in most cases. So my husband and i decided to track down the old original music on vinyl and cds. So we have been having lots of fun frequenting our local goodwills and salvation army finding the originals. One thing we have discovered, is the new vinyl recorded in japan is much better, than the same, made in u.s.a. counterparts. So if you are lucky enough to own these old great recordings, in original format, never part with them because they are very hard to replace. Same goes for the old gear, that we mostly take for granted. If you guys are lucky enough to own the old vintage stuff like Pioneer, Sansui, Mcintosh, Marantz, Kenwood, in receivers or separates, hang onto them, that old gear, and those old records and cds are worth a lot more than we think. The old gear is just as fun to find and restore, as listening to the music we enjoy. My husband, is enjoying restoring the old speakers also, like the old Electrovoice Aristocrats, and Marquis, with the single duplex drivers. Altec 600 line of drivers they used in their stonehenge model of speakers, like the 604A, 604B, C,D,E and G series drivers are great to listen to, and produce a huge presence and soundstage that are second to none, including modern equipment that now cost 10 times more. All very cool stuff, and is great to listen to, find, and restore. We could not of found a better way to enjoy our time spent together, other than talking to you guys, lol  Enjoy the music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2N_uvnvGbI -

A song for our forum - by REM.  

♫♫ - ...Take comfort in your friends
Everybody hurts. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand
If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone - ♫♫