Hepatitis Social Community
My First Cold, Post-Tx

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

My First Cold, Post-Tx

Something I found interesting was this:  I caught Hep C when I was 27 yrs old, and in the same year, sufferd my first bout of "adult onset asthma".  Ever after that, every time I caught a cold, it would immediately turn into the worst asthma. Also, none of the inhalers, or stronger cortocosteroids would work, in the least bit. I was terrified of catching a bad flu, and almost died(woke up at night, wheezing, dry hacking, breathless) the time I caught Whooping cough, 7 yrs ago.
   Now, since I started my Tx last Feb, and haven't had a single asthma wheeze since!  I was waiting, to see what would happen when I caught a cold bug, which I now have.  My only symptom is a runny nose and sneezing. Not fun, but very mild, and much better then when I had Hep C, and the asthma symptoms!

Tags: Cold, Asthma, post, tx
I caught a cold about a month eot and it got bad. Sinus infection and all. It then turned into the flu which maybe it was all along. But since then, I have not even had a cold. I can't believe it. For decades when I got a cold it would mean days off work and lots of medicine.My wife has been sick this winter, but I have not caught anything since getting my SVR.
   Aaaaghhh...I am starting to change my mind about the mildness of this cold!  I went to work with it, and now I am having pain behind my eyes, in all my teeth, and clear stuff just running out continuously..I feel SO irritated/irritable.  It feels like sinus pain, that might even turn into the Flu,. like you mentoned.  My head is getting hot, and my stomach is getting crampy :(
   Funny thing is: I've never had the Flu before, and this feels awful!
Last time I took Ibuprofen was just prior to my Tx, and I got muscle cramps,. and the same thing happened with Tylenol.  My platelets were still low, at 122, 3 months post Tx. which is what they were when I went in, so I fearful of taking a NSAID.  Maybe something like Alka Seltzer Plus, cold and flu, but my eyes hurt too much to leave the house again.
   I am wondering if the Atarax I took, for my itching, would help with sinus pain, gonna go look it up~
   I am taking 200 mgs of Advil, and it seems to be working fine for the fever. I went to my Doctor, and she wouldn't give me anything for this fever/drippy nose.  
   I wanted to ask her for a small bottle of Ativan, but I suppose they dont tend to do that sort of thing, because it is addictive...sigh  But I feel like such crap, I wish I could nap, but I'm a hyper person
Dee1956 NEW SURVEY, top of page, pl... Comment
Dee1956 commented on dointime's status
Dee1956 commented on VICourageous's status
Jul 29
Track your weight over time