Hepatitis Social Community
Myown Faith Topic

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Myown Faith Topic

Hi Myown. (I hope I'm in the right place : )  It's kind of changed over here since I was last here.    

I don't know that I have arrived at a choice, really.  I guess it sounds like I'm an atheist, but I've never thought of myself as one or never claimed to be one.  While I have arrived at certain beliefs, I really don't know how I arrived at them.  They are not from my upbrining.  My parents, while not "religious", per se, did go to church, they took us -- that's just we all did back then, me, my sister;  then I got my son into Sunday School when he was old enough to go, we went to church (not every Sunday, but most Sundays). He didn't grow up to be some fanatical religious person (far from it) nor is his wife very religious, but they do have a faith, and I bet they'll have their little girl and little boy in Sunday School one day, and church too.  I know he will. I'm glad he will because I do think it serves a wonderful purpose, and I think he thinks so, too - even though none of us are close to being "real religious".  

I've met people from all religious beliefs.  When you've seen enough people die and their loved ones praying for them before they die and the comfort it brings, I don't care what you believe in or don't believe in - you will believe in the power of that person's very strong faith and wonder about the lack of yours (if you lack it.)  The one thing I will never ever forget as long as I live was - a patient we were getting ready for an ultrasound.  She was not terminal, not even very sick, she was in no acute distress, she was talking to us as we were transferring her from her bed to the table, we were laughing (carrying on),  we got her on the table, and suddenly (with big eyes) she exclaimed (loudly) "Lord, Jesus is coming! I see the light! Sweet Jesus is coming!"  And she went unconscious, and she died. They coded her for at least an hour or more.  Never got her back.  I know that every single one of us who were in that room and saw her and heard what she said before she died went home that night questioning our faith (or perhaps our lack of.)

You have a great night : ) I hope you're still feeling OK!  Hang in there with the treatment!  
Well since this is an open community, I'll just throw my two cents in. After witnessing that woman, how can you doubt the existence of God? Not trying to argue, I guess for a believer it's such a no-brainer. I know you said it made you question your faith or lack of, I guess I take my faith for granted. Not that I lead a perfect life or enjoy organized religion. I was raised Catholic, married a catholic and after raising 4 kids catholic I rarely go to Church. Faith is not the same as religion to me. Faith is just my sense of spirituality and belief that good will prevail over evil, what goes around comes around, and we all have to answer to someone in the end. Could be I'm wrong, but I won't know till that day I'm on the table, or bed or car and my heart stops and I see....
It was one of the most profound experiences I'd ever had and will probably EVER have - one that shook me up for days - no, probably more like weeks, and I never really got over it.  I doubt anyone in that room ever got over it or doesn't have moments when they remember it very distinctly. It shook everyone up.  Whenever I do wonder about God or question it all, I remember that lady and what happened that day.  How do I doubt?  I don't know.  Maybe I shouldn't.  Maybe I should not have said what I did about what I believe.  I think everyone who claims not to believe wants to believe in something, actually, and that maybe they don't know how or are still searching.   Whatever I said about heaven and hell, I hope someone didn't take it personally, and if they did, I'm sorry.  I need to keep my mouth shut on those things - it never does anything good to say something like that, I guess, except to risk offending someone.  My first husband was Catholic.  He's a great man.  We're great friends.  I'll forget, though, when he was talking about Nam - he was crying. First time I'd ever seen him cry; the last time, too.  He never ever believed in God again after his tour in Nam.  I guess some people experience things that ... change their minds on certain things?  And then maybe things happen later to change their minds back.  I don't know.  
You are allowed to say whatever you want on the website. Don't apologize for anything! I feel like Myown is aggravated at me because I jumped in the midst of the fray like I'm a big peacemaker and heaven knows I've caused enough trouble myself. (Was that a run on sentence?)
My brother was a firm non-believer, calls himself a recovering Catholic. He would argue with me and say things like "If there was a God why does He let innocent babies get cancer and die? Why doesn't He end suffering?"
He was an alcoholic for years and quit talking to our family for seven years. he wouldn't even come to the funeral when my Mom died. He was angry for so many years about so many things. Finally his mother in law died in a freak car accident. He found out that her only regret in her lifetime was that she wasn't able to convert him to being a belieiver/Christian (you pick the word). My brother experienced a religious turn around, stopped drinking and has been sober since 6/13/96. He gives thanks to his Higher Power and made his peace with our family that same year (96).
Your story reminded me of my brother's story. Ya just never know! I wish you all the luck, blessings you name it, I hope it for you, for your tx this year. Soon I hope!
Janice
Thanks Bug!  And I wish you all the wonderful things in life, too, and SVR and good blessings, and... just everything great and good :)  

The story of your brother is absolutely wonderful!  (Sad in many ways - that something happened to tear his faith to pieces, but an absolutely wonderful story with a beautiful ending.  I'm so glad he is back and .. that you all are a family again.  It doesn't get any better than that.  

God does work in mysterious ways.  

See you soon!  
"God works in mysterious ways" ;-)

He is working right now

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Yeah he is, isn't he :)  Yep :)

Hope everyone has an awesome day, too!!
Hallelujah!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!! AMEN!!!

YEA!!! THIS IS YEARS IN COMMING!!!  

THANK GOD FOR A FORUM HERE AT MH THAT WE CAN FREELY EXPRESS OUR BELIEFS AND WHATEVER...YOU KNOW JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER!!!

so let me get this straight... its ok to talk about whatever we please here in this forum???

if so, praise God!!!

chcme,,,I posted to you in the thread below this,,have a good day,,,,hope all is well.

LvdbyGod,,,Glad to see ya in here...maybe we'll have to get a prayer request thread started soon. Get some of the others over here too. Many of us here on forum, its seems,,,and ya know nothing is by accident with God,,we were all meant to find each other to strengthen one another and pray one another through for OUR MIRACLES!
So maybe a prayer request thread would help also. For personal prayer requests they would just have to type 'unspoken prayer request.' God knows their need,we don't necessarily need to know if its too personal, as you know.
have a great day!
I'm always worried about people feeling like Christianity is being forced on them at mh...a "hepc site" but, if ALL faiths and non faiths and ALL opinions are welcome in this area then that's great...  no one will feel they have to agree to another persons beliefs... they can all feel free to have thier own ideas and state them freely without being harrased... and as long as no one religion or set of ideas are comming off like they're representing the WHOLE group here.

i guess it always comes down to respect and thoughtfulness...

here's to hopeing for that!!!!

sandi

Read some books by Bart Ehrman or any of the other non idiot christian misquting foolish historians and you will find that what you belive is not even close to what took place before 350 ad or so.  And you christian fools today are so off key I belive your insane if just not right out stupid.
  If the earth throws off humans it will be directly because of religious fools.  As the rest of humanity evolves I sure hope you religious nuts fade away as did the Neanderthals.
  May Bush rot in your hell with the rest of the religious nuts.
  MAY THE KINGDOM OF MARS BLESS YOU SINNER.
HAIL TO THE RED PLANET FOR IT IS MUCH MORE REAL THEN YOUR WARPED SENSE OF HISTORY.
"I'm always worried about people feeling like Christianity is being forced on them at mh..."

I may be wrong, but in none of my posts do I recall chastizing anyone for their disbelif nor attempting to change their belief.  I try to simply speak my belief and express my faith since it has proven instrumental in my recovery and assisting me to cope with my infection along with the frustration/disappointment that tx failed me.

Maybe my expression of my faith can help another who is struggling and if that is so then I figure I am supporting them, which I think is a large part of what these forums are supposed to be about.

When I see others raising their objections and/or trying to make it sound as though I'm trying to convert them I simply tell myself that perhaps it's simply the Spirit convicting upon them to make them aware that they do know what is right but refusing to accept it.

There are times when I wonder if the objections are not initiated by the people themselves, but instrumented by the one who wants to keep all in the dark and shadow of untruths.

This is way the verses I continually stand upon since my recovery an later diagnosis with this insidious disease are Lamentations 3:19-26 (AMP):

"[O Lord] remember [earnestly] my affliction and my misery, my wandering and my outcast state, the wormwood and the gall. My soul has them continually in remembrance and is bowed down within me. But this I recall and therefore have I hope and expectation: It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him. The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him [inquire of and for Him and require Him by right of necessity and on the authority of God's word]. It is good that one should hope in and wait quietly for the salvation (the safety and ease) of the Lord."
Welcome back sweetie. I see you still have a high tolerance for others thoughts and opinions when they clash with yours! That's just the kind of guy you are, honest, open and ready to speak your mind freely when someone says something you don't agree with. Gotta respect you for your sensitive delivery also. We have waaaay too many people here who support each other and are tolerant of diversity. I'm so glad you were able to use this thread as a tool to handle your anger. Thank God (literally) that you don't turn that anger on your children....or do you? We'll never know, we only see this one side on the forum! And it is always consistently angry!
Take care, God bless those little one's of yours!
Bug
I think you totally took LvdByGod out of the context in which it was meant. Is there a full moon or what? I felt LvdBy God was talking about herself or himself not criticizing anyone. Everyone is so  sensitive lately. Is it going to be lets argue with each other for awhile cause the holidays are over and we're bored?
Not just you, just the general responses lately.
Not trying to offend you, just trying to clarify my perception of this topic
Bug
Anger at that moment with someones foolishness yes. But just as my old self I am smiling every day.
   If you were to even spend 2 hrs with me in my life you would see that I am perhaps the most caring and considerate person you could meet with nothing to hide, just a completly open book.   And as winter these days is only 4 weeks long and the minute hand has been set to 7 of, just as close as it was during the Cuban missle crisise, if you dont feel anger and are just unable to see the cause, then shame on you.
  All wars have been fought over money and religion.
Again, if your not angry over a fool saying jesus is the savior then shame on you.
  So lets all go overthrow all religions and govenments run by the sole intrest of making profit over people and the only place that can keep us alive, the earth.

I was addressing the point about trying not to offend anyone with the expression of one's own faith.  More specifically supressing that expression for fear of offending someone.

It's been stated more than once on the other forum when this expression has come under attack that such expression is aimed either directly of indirectly either towards converting others or condemning them for not holding the same beliefs.  But if one reads what is written, nowhere is there any condemnation nor demand for someone to accept what is being expressed.

By including a quote from LvdByGod's post, I was simply opening mine about myself not worrying about whether the expression of my faith is contrived as an offence by another.  I can not be responsible for how they might feel about me expressing my faith as it pertains to a situation.
hi moveabove!!!

lol... what is this?

a "non idiot christian misquting foolish historians"

hey, that attitude is exactly what i was talking about... can't we respect each other without the hatred? ps, respecting others does not necessarily mean agreeing with thier ideas...  

i have a question for you, though you don't owe me any explaination for your beliefs obviously... i just guess i'm curious about this stuff...

it seems you're not a believer in God... so if that's the case just what is your take on how this earth came into being? or what is your take on the meaning of life? was it all just a happy accident? or something else?

don't things seem like they were "designed" as opposed to just forming mindlessly? take for example the liver??? put there to clean the blood and a ton of other needed duties, one thing in which if not there it would be impossible for the human body to live??? how could it all of happened to come together so perfectly so as to produce life?

pss. by the way, just because folks say they are "Christian" or "believe in" God, doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how they believe politically... they may for Biblical reasons believe in supporting or defending certain issues, but i really don't think they are necessarily saying they "believe in" a certain political system...

so far i have seen that neither of our main U.S. political systems fully uphold the laws and ideas of God as expressed in the Bible...

too bad though!

hey "moveable" have a great day!!! ;O)

sandi

I don't mean to offend anyone but

May the God, Goddess or Deity of Your Choice bless, curse or completely ignore you, according to your wishes.

This forum was given to all of us (everyone) to use to discuss freely what we want. No one is saying that Christianity is the only religion that can be discussed. If someone else doesn't want to discuss their religion, that is their choice, but their choice of maybe NOT discussing their religion has no bearing on my choice to discuss. There are many Christians on forum, so if it seems as if there are more of us here,, can't help that because there are. If Christianity offends some, that is nothing new,,,,of course it is offensive. Jesus said. "I am the way, the truth the Light. Sound offensive? it does to me and I am a Christian, (((but its truth))). No one has to read anything we post. And depending on where someone is in their walk,some are not used to being shot at. Persecution is the price we have to pay when we follow HIM.

The bible even tells of us of it being offensive  to some and liberating to others....Read 2Corinthians 2:16 To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death and the other the aroma of life leading to life.

GrandOak,I agree with what you said,well stated, as usual. Bug, maybe you misunderstood GO? I'm cracking up laughing, its like a comedy routine who is the next to BE MISUNDERSTOOD? ha!

and Bug ,,,,good answer to moveabove.

Your god of heaven and hell is a fable and people like you are the ones who are willing to kill someone in your gods name.  You say god bless america as killers drop bombs on people living in huts.  You think that that foolish book called the bible is something to live and die for. I find you absoluty insane.
   You are the worst that humanity has evolved into.
Take a house hold light bulb and put in directly into a power plant and see what happens.
  Its people as your self who think they know god because of a bible.  You can not understand beyound what you are and just as that light bulb can not go beyound 120 volts.
  What you belive in is only your simplisity.
Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood completely. "Is there a full moon or what?" certainly applies to me.
I know that by faith we should be witnesses, but I also beleive in respecting others opinions. If a person is insulted that I say "I"ll pray for you" I'll stop saying that and pray for them even harder. Just clarifying my attitude. Take Care and God Bless.
Bug
You are entitled to your opinions but there is no need to be offensive.
"If you were to even spend 2 hrs with me in my life you would see that I am perhaps the most caring and considerate person you could meet with nothing to hide, just a completly open book."
Well Move it's obvious in just a few minutes the kind of person you are, why spend two long hours? You are a very kind talented person with the ability to see into others hearts, brains and soul and know their political leanings, their I.Q. level, & their ignorance on wordly affairs. How DO you do it?
Just a day in the life for Move ABOVE who chose his name well for this forum. You are above all of us. We welcome the insight caring and consideration that you show here.
Bug

You started this! I'm telling Mom! Everyone quit looking at me! I'm telling!
Na ah, it was move, I am tellin DAD
Moveabove write: "So lets all go overthrow all religions and govenments run by the sole intrest of making profit over people and the only place that can keep us alive, the earth."

Which seems to correlate with: "For the mystery of lawlessness (that hidden principle of rebellion against constituted authority) is already at work in the world ..."

"Lest you be self-opinionated (wise in your own conceits), I do not want you to miss this hidden truth and mystery, brethren: a hardening (insensibility) has [temporarily] befallen ..."
Grand oak,

i certainly don't feel you need to defend yourself here on this... i didn't have anyone specific in mind when i mentioned that...  its just my own personal fear that bringing up certain religious topics might make others think this is a "religious site" vs a "hep c liver" site...

so i was thinking that now that they have this other more casual board that perhaps this is more the place to have those type conversations without others feeling like they are required to participate or even read such talks...

i have sometimes felt that the way certain things are worded sometimes, that they do come off sounding like they are representing the "whole" forum or being "pushed" on folks that don't want them spoken of in a LIVER forum... i personally have close friends that were put off by it, and that saddened me greatly...

we all need to be sensitive to others of differing views...especially if we're talking about stuff that is not for ALL the folks at that forum.

my only thought was that we should be careful of this and not assume everyone here at a "LIVER FORUM" is a born again Christian... or would even want to talk about such issues...

what if i came on and in an excited tone said,'hey ya all lets have a satanic ritual every friday night for our livers... we can post here about our sacrifices to satan...yuck!!! lol

:O) by saying "ya all" it sorta brings everyone into it... again i'm not saying you did this... this is just my fear of speaking about such things in a place meant for everyone to feel included...for folks of all faiths/ideas to recieve "medical" support.

does this make any sence to anyone? believe me, i would love nothing more than to witness Jesus to everyone here...but is it appropriate here??? thats my only sincere question...

wouldn't it be horrible if someone who needed hepc liver help felt offended or put off and didn't come to seek treatment help here at mh because they thought it was primarily a Christian site?  that's always been my fear ... this is why i stopped posting a "prayer requests" thread at mh a couple years ago... for those same reasons...

********************************************************* but i'm thinking now that mh has this new area just for "COMMUNITY SUPPORT" that perhaps it could be done here with out offending anyone or putting them off... what does everyone think or is this not the place for it either??? i DO feel those who are uplifted by spiritual discussions WOULD benifit from it here at this community site... after all believers are a part of the community... and of course it could be ignored here by those not wanting to participate... ideas???
*********************************************************

that's all i have to say on it... what's everyone elses thoughts??? especially those who are not Christians or believers? would you be put off if others talked openly about thier faith or lack thereof in here???

sandi

SUNSPOT!!! LOL!!!

MYOWN!!! AMEN!!!

MOVEABLE!!! WILL EARTH THEN KEEP US ALIVE???

Earth is the only thing that keeps us alive.  You may get your chance to see if you can do it without her.
  And to G.O. the lawlessness is already in full force and it is the flag waving religious nuts all around the world, its against every straving child or person hurting from illness.
  I have a friend who is drinking and drugging her self to death {the flag waving religious nuts using thier greed and stupidity} who wants nothing better from me then to accept her state.  She could die tonight.  I cant force her into recovery nor can I talk to her about recovery unless shes willing.  But I will not go along with her insanity as if everything is fine because ITS NOT.
   And every time I hear some one say god bless america or god bless the congo I call it as IT IS  and thats insanity.  You want to God bless something God bless the person standing in front of a gun in the name of peace. Or God bless someone not going along with the insanity. Just for a second think of all the weapons on this planet, think of all the poission we have made and realize that we are the only specis on the planet with consisnous {spelling} and we have dirceted 90% of our energy to greed in the form of wars and money.  If you belive in the devil then I say he has won and did so with your help as your waving your flag and reading your bible.
  And as I said, the only way humans can survive is as just as the neanderthals became exticnt, well so may anyone who god bless' america or any other country or religious nut become extinct.
GOD BLESS THE SICK AND SUFFERING. AND DANM ANYONE HOLDING A GUN OR A FLAG AND BIBLE
Wow, I saw this subject here today and had to say something.
I am a christian, albeit a definate "work in progress".
sometimes I dont want to admit Im a christian, b/c it seems I am suddenly "not allowed to be human". I make a ton of mistakes on a daily basis, I am sometimes to quick to judge. I am not afraid, however, to apoligise, but I am not this sweet angelic, quiet, submissive human being that sometimes people (non christians) expect. Nor am I a door mat, so I will speak up for myself.
But people, I am such a mess sometimes. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that God is in control.
I really enjoyed reading everything that you all had to say. It is an important subject. I know I have felt my own mortality since my dx. It DOES make a person re-think a gew things.
medhelp was nice enough to give us this room to 'chat' about whatever we 'chat' about.

some might talk about knitting, some baseball, some Jesus,or Buddha. I don't knit, but I might have a question that I would want to ask the knitters and I'm sure they would be fine with that. should they not talk in detail about what they love, which is knitting, just because I am in the group? No, of course not.

Seeker sensitive churches are on the rise and we certainly don't want to have a seeker sensitive chat,,
baseball, I would never join in on,,but I might start a chat about gardening (if i was good at it)

Maybe you haven't checked in in a while, but even the folks who aren't Christian asked if we could take any religious comments to this forum. GrandOak was just asked that of recent.

No one has to participate if they don't want to and doesn't necessarily mean ever post is going to be about God.

Hope this helped.
i'm still a'work in progress' also and its 20years I became a christian. And believe me,, sometimes my own actions halt's God's progress. But He is used to us, he knows our frame and frailty. Weakness is not something to hide from God, but something to bring to God,,for  the bible states "In our weakness,He is strong." That scripture gives hope to the hopeless.

glad to see you on forum.
right on sunspot! so i found the other sight. i am beginning to wonder a bit about these sites though. don't get me wrong, i need them and learn so much from them. i am confused with all the bickering. i am not clear on why everyone is going back and forth on religion. not sure why it's a topic to some degree. i have faith and spirituality, and i'll leave it at that. well, i'll go one step further and tell you i believe in Jesus. i am not sure about everything, but i know i wouldn't be here if it weren't for my higher power. it is interesting to see all the posts and i didn't have high blood pressure before, but that may be coming. can't we all just get along???  
thanks for your comment. You are soooo right!
I was reading some of the other posts,...I guess Im just slowwwwww or something, cuz Im not understanding what the problem was (or is) I thought the whole reson we got this wonderful forum was so we could chat about whatever..... gosh, there are plenty of other topics one could go to, and read and post, why would someone point their cursor to this topic if they were bothered by it?
Oh well, I guess we will always have some that just disagree.
How have you been doing?
we are getting ready for SNOW tonight!! Love it!
I dont like driving in it though, but luckily live close to work.
No part of God's truth can push a non-believer further from believing, but always has the power to bring him to God.

God will bring comfort to those who seek it through Him. Trusting that you will receive that comfort is the key. It is your "Faith".

Having Hep C, I'd be a basket case if not for the power of faith.

Good thread! It may end up being one of the longest threads on this forum. Hopefully it will help bring together the help and comfort we all need from each other, regardless of our beliefs.

Thanks, to whoever started this thread.

~DoMusic~

MATTHEW 6:33
Forwarned was a little over used wasn't it?!? Once you pointed that out I got the giggles at our intensity. Poor Blanka, I just jump right in at the start, like a crazy person hunting you down and demanding a reply. Meds have no affect on me what so ever. Just as ADD and impulsive as ever. Or repulsive, or compulsive, take your pick.
Bug
Sometimes there are no words.  There were no words I could think of.  When there are no words, I just like to listen sometimes, and then I guess I just kind of get lost somewhere - between fun and serious.  So - this is for fun and for serious and for whatever you want it to be.  Hope you can hear whatever it means - nothing really.  It's just music.  Or is it just music?  

Sympathy for the Devil.mp3
http://tinyurl.com/ybj3d5

Please Don't Bury Me.mp3
http://tinyurl.com/yfzdbq

In the Light of the Half Canyon.mp3
http://tinyurl.com/yevztn

Amazing Grace.mp3
http://tinyurl.com/yn7eat

Pinebox.mp3
http://tinyurl.com/y9cvhe

Flowers Never Bend.mp3
http://tinyurl.com/t7flc

I Can See Clearly Now.mp3 (good version)
http://tinyurl.com/yckorx

Who Just Left Chicago.mp3  
http://tinyurl.com/ymlyu9

Time of innocence.mp3
http://tinyurl.com/uqepl

------------------------------------
Keep the faith, everyone. Thanks for giving it :) Smiling here.
aquarius64
Please don
I would agree that one does not need to go around thumping their bible. But I do not believe that sensitivity to others means that one suppress absolutely all expression of their faith.

I also do not believe that it means I should hide my light under a bushel if persecution comes against me for expressing my faith.

I tolorate and recognize the right of others to express their beliefs and allow them that right rather than trying to witness to them that I believe they are wrong and why.

I have been on the forum, and around the net, long enough to know that not everyone here is a born again Christian.

While I would be grieved to learn that someone who needed hepc liver help felt offended or put off and didn't come to seek treatment help here at mh because they thought it was primarily a Christian site, I likewise would be just as grieved to learn that the same held true for someone who did the same because they thought that they could never express their faith.

However, I know that some can be very thinned skinned and easily offended or put off at just about anything one says.  I think I would most likely go nuts, or simply become a mute, if I always had to second, third, or fourth guess my choice of words hoping not to offend or put off someone.

In the decades I have been using electronic communications I have learned that everyone can either choose to ignore and passover postings they do not agree with, engage in a discussion over it, or be offended and put off.  But in the end it's a choice each of us has to make.

I can not be responsible for what others choose for to do so would be to assume more responsibility that I could possibly bare.  Besides, someone already has born all that responsibility in order that it would not be expected of us.
Christianity is an illusion just as all religions. The belief that the planet is seperated by countries is also an illusion.
  That statment is not a disbelief in a God, it is a fact that humans can become so narrow thinking that they can be convinced of ANYTHING.  Its not a lack of that convincing that has brought the humans race to where we are today, it is 2 plus thousand years of monkey like thinking that has done it.
  The u.s. is not the best on the planet. Its just feeding you patriotic christains or muslims or any of the many others a drug of the moment that gets you high enough to accept the illusion.
You might want to consider dismounting.

One thing about growing up in a state where sport fishing is an industry, you learn that when trolling an area proves unfruitful then you move to another one and try there to see if you get anything willing to bite.

I'll be lifting you up in prayer my friend.
Since I don't know you and do not have your ability to see into others minds, can you tell me if there is anything you believe in. Is there anything that makes you "smile all the time" or gives you hope? Have you always looked at the dark underbelly of the world? I have a social conscience and since you know mwe so well you know I am against President Bush's antics, global warming and world hunger. But still, my glass is alwasys 1/2 full and yours is always 1/2 empty. Is it arguing with people and belittling their ideas that stimulates you? Cheap thrill to have to get on the internet for your high and have others pay the price for you by being your targets.
MY OWN, can i ask what you mean by this statement?  

"Seeker sensitive churches are on the rise and we certainly don't want to have a seeker sensitive chat".

just curious, it sorta sounds like you are against seeker sensitive churches... are you?

seeker sensitive churches are not what you may think they are. i became a Christian at one of the first ones... WILLOW CREEK COMMUNITY CHURCH. its awsome!!!!

they are so on fire for God and there number one desire is to witness to non Christians. they do have really easy to understand messages for those who have not yet become fimilar with all the religious jargon that some of us more mature Christians are used to. They preach "the milk of the word" on Sundays to those we bring who are not yet Christians and then on the midweek they preach "the meat" for growing Christians!

so many folks have become Christians through thier services and alot of churches are also trying to do the same thing... some with sucess and some i think may not fully understand the vision. hense why some Christians are against them...???

i'm wondering why some Christians seem to be against them? are you?

perhaps you are just against the ones who have it wrong and seem to just be "liberal" churches??? they perhaps are using the seeker sensitive platform for an excuse to be very liberal... the good ones do have thier vision straight and are not at all liberal! Willow creek is deffinately a great one!!!

i think in a forum like this there is a time to talk of the milk and a time to talk of the meat!!! :O)
my own, just finishing reading your comment above... you are right i havent been on board for the whole summer and i just came back to see this side talking of faith.... it's great that we have been given this area to talk freely... i didn't realize that it was ok with everyone... YIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

then i really did come back at a great time...
What was your first moniker before you moved? I remember you went to Oregon or somewhere and you used to have a different name, or as usual am I crazy?
Bug
If someone is walking in the middle of a busy street its not taking thier invertory by telling them there is a good chance they'll get hit by a car.
And it is not a matter of half full or half empty it is only a fact that by walking down the middle of a busy road you will get hit.
You can disagree with what I have said in this thread right till the end with the centuries of cleaver psyco blable that has brought us to this point.
  Do I expect a war that could kill half the worlds population ? no.  Would I be surprised? no.  I think it is common sense to see that OUR behavior has brought us to a piont of no return and without a doubt, I mean how can you deny that all wars are over beliefs weather its over whos flag is better or whos religion is the one from god or a certin group of people want what some one else has.  How can you deny this ?
   Continuing to think that jesus is the REAL savior and the Inians needed to be saved from hell is INSANE.
  To think that any religion has an answer is INSANE.
Religion is made up by humans for controling the natural desire for the truth.
I think anyone who is into these religions are delutional and insane.  And think that the only way for the human race to survive is that we as humans evolve beyound those neanderthales.
  Try this,  A clearer view of God is to moveabove what you belive in this moment, and the next
Dear Movable, i will pray for you too!!!

it seems you must have really been hurt or something that has made you so harsh... i'm sorry that happened to you...

but, you must realize that this earth is not your saviour. it can not be! because it too will die someday... it has no power to save you. it is merely a creation that our Awesome God created for you, and to show you His Great Power and Strength and to show you His Ability to put all in place and Sustain it.  He Alone is Supreem and In Controll of All creation... He Alone Provided the Way for Life... and that was the Lord Jesus!

?.
your one ****** up person.  I think people like you should be locked up.  I'm not the one in pain.  You know, its usually fat people and very easily directed people that think the way you do.   Are you one of those that think handling snakes shows how much faith you have?  If so please try doing that with radiation.
hi sandi - i just found this place and it's so good to see you here!  giving move-on a run for his money; you go girl!

sunspot - you're funny, thanks for the laugh!
I have been following this discussion and have found it interesting. I have found myself wondering about my own beliefs and how I go through life. I think that
I am a Christian.  I believe in one truth.  With that being said, I also know that others do not share my belief.  I cannot force someone to become a Christian.  I cannot argue them into it.  I can only testify to what the Lord has done in my life and suggest to another person that maybe this would be their answer.  I can provide them with scripture if they respond interested, but I won't beat them over the head with it.  I will pray for them.  I am not perfect.  Nobody, Christian, or a non-Christian is perfect.    I've made some big bad choices in my life, but I know, that I know, that I know, that the Lord has forgiven me for those choices and now, I have to choose to follow him or go my own way.  Everybody has a choice to make.  One day, we will all know whether we've me the right one.  Why should we argue today?  I am called to be in peace and being in strife is not something that is healthy.

Susan
Imagine theres no countries.   Your right, they died for a flag.   No country can give freedom.  Only God can and has.  It is countries and religions that take freedom away.   And think for a minute on the emotionalism that made you make that statment. Those shallow thoughts are  what will make you belive and allow anything even murder of babies and the planet.
To say if the glass is 1/2 empty or 1/2 full depends on if you have been filling it up, or pouring it out...lol...
I confess with my mouth and beleive in my heart Christ has risen from the dead. He resides in me. That is all we as Christians need to say, I beleive in witnessing when given the oppertunity but refuse to force any thought of my own or King James on any one. God will have His Way. THAT is faith. (plus we need to pray before we witness that God speaks through us, so we don't get in His way) I also believe that religions are like rivers, lakes, and streams...anyway, I LOVE YOU ALL...PEACE BE UNTO THIS PLACE!!!!!
Amen. I am pouring gasoline on a fire when I respond. I need to pray for my wisdom and patience in dealing with others
Bug
I don't know where you live, but where I live, if you tried to utter a 1/4th of the stuff you've said here, it would cause you to suffer a major a** kicking. It would be over with in less than 10 seconds because you would allow the a** kicking.  It's one thing to get your a** kicked if you didn't do anything to deserve it, but when you get an a** kicking because you're psychotic, well I guess that can be called evolution - survival of the fittest type thing.    

My thoughts might be shallow but the depth of freedom in this country is not
You guys its great to have this area to discuss the deeper things in life... i know hepc and the treatment can really get to us mentally and spiritually. when i was treating i so wanted to talk about spiritual things but felt that mh was not the place to do it. yes i was worried about how others felt about it being talked about in a hepc "medical" site... but now with this new outlit it can now be discussed freely and i am so relieved for all who want to focus on the spiritual instead of just the physical...

*we are spiritual beings and it is hard to separate the physical from the spiritual so this outlit was so desprately needed... thank you mh!

that said, YIPPY!!! to all you Christians here!!! i want you to know there have been SOOOOOO many times i desired to comment and talk to you all over at the medical forum and held back... so now i so look forward to talking freely about our faith and encouraging one another in it!!!

and to those just looking on... i pray that the Holy Spirit will speak to your hearts too and warm hearts and minds to His Great Love for you!!!!!!!!!

i guess we should open different threads for debating these issues so there is a place for those wanting to debate different issues... as well as a place for those primarily seeking peace, healing, comfort and love through our great God and His Word...

talking about God and our faith does not need to be arguing, but i guess for those interested in debating there should be a separate thread for that perhaps...

what do you guys think?

moveabove, do you want to open a thread for debating the issues of religion and politics etc... or something? can we have a separate place for that so we can also have a thread free of that stuff??? and especially if you want to be mean about it... ???

i'm thinking some would actually appreciate a thread that is mostly just uplifting in nature...maybe we can start another faith thread minus the debating stuff! just an idea, i really am fine with whatever though...

luv in Him,
sandi

><(((
DANG! MY LITTLE HEARTS AND DO HICKIES WON'T POST HERE!!!
I don't think I said I was a non-believer, I am not sure what I am. I expressed how spirituality is for me and that just might be an expression of God. Am I Christian? I don't know. I believe in goodness and a better way to live your life. I have beliefs in what is good and what is bad. I try to live my life in a manner that I think fuels that flame that gives us strength. So if you believe this non-Christian I will post in another thread. Keep the Faith,
Your friend
And your kind are very good at what you do. Unfortunately you neanderthales will take down all of humanity with you. Volince covered by a flag or religion is still volince.
  If there was some way to just have each of you kill yourselfs without involving the higher evolved, I would wish it so.  But history has shown that its first the weak and vunerable that are made targets for the use of egotistical greedy.   You sure can throw punches and kick ass and shot guns and you can even fly planes into building with ease.
  In the end you will win, not because you are stronger or smarter, you will win only because you are easily controlled.
  I hope your flag burns.
Sorry to those of you who may find my next words offensive. But I need to say them. I realize this is not the place to debate with the likes of movealong and I will not contibute to it anymore.

Movealong your an ASS and a dumb one at that.
Gee whiz...just ignore it, you have too much happiness in your life right now with all the new energy after tx to get so riled up. You have been and are a GREAT inspiration to me for tx...I always find wisdom in your CALMER reports...you don't need this right now...the stress. We all choose which ways we want to believe...and thats OK...you still care for me and I for you etc. Knock it off and go pee in a cup....LOLOL.

12x12 p.132 It does a "body" good.
Hey You Guys,,,I have been biting my tongue here lol Because I love each and everyone of you but,,,,,you all can talk politics,,,religion on a never ending thread that could go on forever but still,,,no way is anyone changing their mind lol  And in fact,,,,the whole thing gets ugly!
But it does make for good enertainment,,,ha  
So I'll just sit in the corner and keep giggling! Hey Sandi!!!  Good to see you over here!!
LOL...I bit my tounge for the last few days, good to see ya joinin' like a peace maker...they are blessed ya know HA!
Count me in as being loved, hated, or whatever for being a Christian.  Scripture teaches me that the world would hate me, but I count it all joy.  Yes even in all of my weakness, I am made strong.  Scripture also teaches me that no weapon formed against me will prosper.  With all of the madness in the world, bad weather that is happening, and everything seemingly falling apart, do you guys really think it's a good idea to be trying to take God out of our pledge of allegiance?  Especially the part ".....ONE NATION UNDER GOD..."  Yes I have this disease, but I couldn't imagine going through this tx without Christ.  Trust me if you living as if there is no God, you better hope that your right, because eternity is a long time to be wrong......

In Christ,
Rick
I need to correct my last comment,

That should be "you're" not "your" sorry about that.
I just got a little excited.
****ing 12 meetings a week and I feel like ripping my skin off {and as I'm writing that I'm doing that lol thing that I just learned was laughing out loud}  Me human higher power who is 77 with 37 yrs says I'm shading old stuff, my words not his.
  But that doent change what I said here just maybe my delivery.
  What an adjustment I'm going thru here with this new engergy or I should say body.  My muscles are bigger then when I was 18.
  What the fusk do I do with myself?  LoL  and lots of that.     I need a woman.  If I find one I'll keep her up all night just having fun. who needs work what the hell who needs money lets just have fun.  I dont mean up all night with sex. You have to laugh at this.  They should put me in a zoo with a sign around my neck saying "dont get hep-c or you'll have to do tx and end up like him"
   Thanks  Mkeele for your passing of serenity.  I'm out the door now to go bother the other aa's  or is that ass's
mkeela!!!hi how are ya!! cooooool, didn't know you my sister,,,((((((HUG))))))
you said "I beleive in witnessing when given the oppertunity but refuse to force any thought of my own or King James on any one. God will have His Way. THAT is faith"

I agree,,our own thoughts should not be forced on anyone, but as far as witnessing,,,I seize the moment,,all the time,,,I probably look as nuts sometimes as John The Baptist did in his day,,,but I don't eat locust.lol

I don't come off as well, ya know wacky ones,,but even when I stand in line at a check out in the supermarket, I can change a conversation about Paul Newmans popcorn to something related to the bible,,,,for instance,,,'boy that Paul Newman is such a nice guy,,he gives away all that money to charity,,,,,wonder if he thinks that will get him into heaven? do you think it will(I ask the person) This I do in a very soft tone, plus I don't look like a cook and this always ends up in a discussion of eternity and even if it gets the person to 'search' on their own,,,its a start.

Plus as the bible states in Romans10 How shall they believe in him whom they have not heard.......How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel..... I got some cute feet. lol

But ya know what Mkeela?? God has made us all different. I may turn someone off by my style of witness, but I still planted seed, then you or someone else comes along and bango!!! they are ripe for pickin' Ya know??

Good to have ya in here!!!! ((((hugs)))))
---------------------------------------------------------
Northstar...I'm doing good thanks. i take my 2nd shot Friday. So far so good,,keeping my fingers crossed. We all have to remeber to pray for one another daily, even if just for a minute that we all svr and have little ot no sx,,and mirlacles for those that need them or that have received a hopeless report.. we have to really pray for those. Some of the posts i read even of those that just pass through over on the other side,,if we all put them on our prayer list everyday,,we will see God move!!!!

Snow by you?? What state are you in. I'm in Jersey and we had a few flurries this afternoon. I was surpirised, but I shouldn't be,,its winter.lol
Nice talking to you.
btw, how are you feeling? are you currently tx now or waiting? Its so hard to keep up with whose at what point of tx.

see ya again!
I loved Ray Charles!! Didn't listen to all the songs yet, but went right to Amazing Grace and ohhh to listen To Ray Charles,,love him Thanks

I wanted to mention to you  thanks to sharing everything with me. That must have been hard as a nurse and see people die all the time. That was some story about that lady and her crying out to Jesus before she died. Boy I can understand how that moved all you guys. Not everyone has the opportunity to witness that,,but I guess God wanted you there. Its good that you have an open heart towards God. I can see that. Thats the way you find him,,He is not able to be figured out with your mind,,its your heart that has to seek him.

You are a very genuine person and I'm glad to have met you.

Have a good night.
Hi,how are you doing tonight? let me see if I can explain what i mean about seeker sensitive church... seeker sensitive I mean in a people pleaser type church,,tickle the ears type of a church,messages that will give people excuse for their behavior, rather than saying boldly they are sinners and need salvation. The programs and all the fun stuff 'to do, that makes the person come out for the program, rather thatn the word, not that all programs are wrong. I belonged to a seeker sensitive church for several years and in the beginning the excitement and all the 'programs,etc,seemed 'wow' this church really helps develope people and then I felt after a while that Jesus was on a back burner, Hard to explain how I felt, but I knew it was time to leave. Had a great position as a musician there,,,seen by lots of people,,ya know the mega service,,,but I didn't feel good about it..if I stayed it would have just been for the spot light I had there and that is not my reason for going to church on Sundays,,so I left. But you are in your church and you have to follow what God is telling you. If thats where you feel he has placed you,,then that is where you should be and it sounds like you are happy there,,so thats great!

Good talking to you!!
Ya know,......I MUST be whacked! I have been sitting here tryin to remember what my monikeer was before I changed it to northstar..............kinda scarey huh?
Well, there's my life in a nutshell these days, one blonde moment after another. lol
But yeah, I was living down south, and we decided to come back to our roots, the northwest. I grew up in washington state, so Im feeling right at home these days.
I love Oregon! the people are chilled and easy going. The state is filled with mountains, beautiful views in every direction, and so many things to do if your so inclined.
I am going crazy trying to remember the name I used!!! What was it! Oh,........why did you ask me, I wont sleep till I remember now.

Myown: I am no longer on tx.I have been off for about 3 months now. Lots of post sx. From all the reading, and asking I have been doing about some of my symptoms, one keeps popping up, it is "periphial neuropathy" (sp.?)
I feel like Im am being burned (literally) off and on in the wrist/hand. I read where it is not so uncommon to experience this 3-5 months after tx.(thats when it peaks)
I am hoping this is temp. as it did state that for some this is both permanent and irreversible damage in some cases, caused by interpheron therapy.
But went on to say that for most this is temp sx.

LADBUG! I THINK IT WAS SOMETHING MAMA,..........I DONT REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You sure did start something LOL!  I'm very glad to have met you too.  What a great topic this has been (I think for everyone).  I have indeed seen many unbelievable things and experienced many things (miracles) that nothing can explain other than.... it was an act of ... (I don't know why it's hard for me to say this), but an act of God.  I guess it's become difficult for me to say "God" (especially on a Hep C forum)  because the word "God" is so inflammatory to some people that it just ...it's ridiculous.  That fact alone has influenced my use of the word, God.  Even though I may wax and wane at times on my beliefs and what I do and don't believe in, I used to never be hesitant to say something like "it was an act of God",  or "I am blessed", or "my prayers are with you."  I don't say that to people anymore.  Some people take such offense at those kinds of statements that I am no longer spontaneous with "God" because I don't want to I don't even tell someone anymore that my prayers are with them because I'm afraid someone will get all bent out of shape and start hollering about political correctness.  Yeah right :)  I think you know where I'm coming from.  

Glad you liked Ray Charles Amazing Grace.  Pine Box is pretty good, too.  And the song, Light from the Half Canyon was from one of my favorite movies of all times, A River Runs Through It.  

Best of luck to you with your treatment, and I look forward to the continued friendship!  Good luck to everyone.  

I couldn't sleep last night (as usual) and about 3 am turned on the computer and found your "Prescription" of music. So I have to say I spent at least a half hour enjoying your links at Tiny URL. Thanks chcnme! I for one would love to see more of this as I "Watch & Wait". It was a very nice diversion.

~DoMusic~
Lilmomma? I kept thinking it was something related to momma or mommy too. Glad you're doing well. I admire people who can just pack up and move. How brave!
Take care
Bug
Mequila: You certainly did a great job of diffusing the situation. Sometimes it just takes a kind word.
Myown:You push my buttons and get a rise out of me everytime. My autonomic nervous system gets in that fight or flight mode and, well, I've never been one to run from a fight. Lets just nicely agree to disagree. Besides, I think more wars are fought over greed and money than religion. Just had to get in the last word;)
,,agreeably to disagree about what?? lol really, maybe too many posts to read,,don't know which one you are referring to?
Well stated!! I agree 100%
good to have ya here! didn't know you know HIM too,,,thats great!!

you said 'wait and watch,',,,,you're holding off until better meds?? just curious. I'm sure you posted it at some time, but its hard to remember everyones stats and to tell you the truth,,I used to read EVERY POST,,,now If I read 2, its alot,,,I lost the energy to read all that or something,or maybe I just want to chill out for a while,,,but in reality, I might just be getting lazy.lol

see ya later.
Perhaps why His Word teaches that it is the "love" of money which is the root of all evil.
Howdy,,,don't ya leave,,,I think your nice,,,don't worry about moveabove,,,he's harmless (I think?) I find that if you don't care for what someone posts and you know that,,just don't read anything they write, unless of course its inside a thread of your own,,,I just started doing that of recent,,actually I am getting lazy at reading all the posts on the other side and now I find my self reading just a couple and then moving on to do something else..On the other side I don't understand why a certain few sorta even follow me around, so curious at what I'm posting, strange or hard to understand...that never ending thread I opened seems to keep going on,,i like how ladybug said,,,'the thread that keeps on giving,' I cracked up so hard laughing when I read that.

but sit down, take your shoes off stay a while.
now i have to scram,,,i have to do some housework,,,see ya later.
Hi Domusic. Glad you liked the Rx :)  Music is the best way for me to figure something out or just keep thinking on it and never figure it out.  I do my best to keep the good medicine going. In fact, I just might start responding with music only :)  Naw... but I was thinking it would be nice to post some songs every few days because it is a diversion (a great one).  My taste in music goes from one extreme to the other - depends on my mood.

Well... I'm on my way to the GI do, and so I'll leave with these songs.  Some are peaceful, some are jazzy, some are silly, some are fun.  All of it's fun. (If it's not fun, I don't wanna participte.)  

The next to the last song? lol - it's particularly fun, and I dedicate it to Myown because I truly believe she has the power (said with sincerity)

Have a great day!  

Bruce Hornsby Mandolin Rain
http://tinyurl.com/y8wyy9

Leon Russel Out In The Woods
http://tinyurl.com/yc9tt4

Seals and Crofts Hummingbird
http://tinyurl.com/yj5y6k

Luka Bloom Listen to the River
http://tinyurl.com/yaq6w9

wooooo hooo......wooooo hoooo ...woooooo hooooo
KT Tunsell Black Horse and Cherry Tree
http://tinyurl.com/y84vy7

Elvin Bishop Travelin shoes
http://tinyurl.com/ymqd2k

Isley Bro's Fight the Power
http://tinyurl.com/y7nwwl

This one?  This is for everybody and it's where I'm definitely going when I get back from the doc!  

John Prine Fish And Whistle
http://tinyurl.com/y7r7fr

Have a great day!  
You were lilmomma weren't uyou?
Is there limits to how long a tread can be. I posted a reply and it didn't go through. Last post number in the thread is 82 and mine was 86 I think. They must be going to never never land or something.

DoMusic
There it is . . . Hum? Anyway, thanks again for the tunes they were great. I especially like the John Prine tune with the Tin Whistle, which is one of the instruments I play as well as the bagpipe. Liked the mandolin song to. I'm building two right now, between rest periods.

Thanks for the Rx.

DoMusic
YES!!!!!!!!!!!
That was it! It seems it doesnt take much to amuse me either these days.
I am so glad that is all figured out.
Ladybug:
I dont know if "brave" is the term I would use. I must have also been a little crazy, but there was a minimal window in which we could do this successfully, and we packed and ran for it. thanks be to God, it all worked out. We all found jobs that we like, and within 5 miles of our condo. Cant ask for much more. It was snowing when I went to work this morning, it was soooo beautiful.

Friole: how have you been doing???? Where are you at with your tx? How are sx?
I should know better than to stick my neck into this hornets nest but...

In C12 you say:

Then later in c39 you go on to say:

I would agree that one does not need to go around thumping their bible. But I do not believe that sensitivity to others means that one suppress absolutely all expression of their faith......

Maybe you toked up a fatty between making those posts?

And your point is what?
i love you!
>> I love you...

You get me a little hot and bothered yourself....

...nice to here from my favorite blast from the past. Take care of yourself.

Alright chcnme, I figured it out. Pretty nifty too.

DoMusic/y7fgtg
well, I'm so glad that these drugs do not affect my brain. I called moveabove myown for the second time and it took me several days to catch it:
I couldn't figure out why moveabove was not responding!
Really, I've always had problems with messing up a person's name. I'm very good at renaming people!
Take care you've been cracking me up lately, I did notice the physical resemblance between you and Rev!
lol! i was saying to myself,,,what the heck??? bug seemed so normal,,oh no, she's not! lol I know i can push buttons so of course i didn't think it was an error. ha!

Glad you caught up with me and told me. It didn't seem like you, thats why it confused me. But if it happens again, I'll know its an error. It would be funny if you said something down the road like that again to me and I said 'oh you meant that for moveabove right?' And you say,'no,THIS TIME I MEANT IT FOR YOU MYOWN'. lol

Don't worry about it,mistakes happen. see  ya later!
Dear imagine, i'm wondering if by any chance you meant to speak to someone else besides me in your post above addressed to me??? because i don't remember saying anything previously about your faith choice... i'm totally confused,(which sure wouldn't be the first time...lol)

i'm so sorry if i said something that was offensive to you... i surely didn't mean it if i did... i actually loved your post, it was very touching. i hope i did'nt say something to hurt you. please let me know if i did, i can assure you it was not my intention...

peace,

sandi
LOL, I think I was just hot about the stuff that moveabove was spouting. No you did not say anything that I should take any offense at all. I remember you from when I was here a little over two years ago and appreciated your comments to me. Take Care!