Myown Faith Topic
Hi Myown. (I hope I'm in the right place : )  It's kind of changed over here since I was last here.    

I don't know that I have arrived at a choice, really.  I guess it sounds like I'm an atheist, but I've never thought of myself as one or never claimed to be one.  While I have arrived at certain beliefs, I really don't know how I arrived at them.  They are not from my upbrining.  My parents, while not "religious", per se, did go to church, they took us -- that's just we all did back then, me, my sister;  then I got my son into Sunday School when he was old enough to go, we went to church (not every Sunday, but most Sundays). He didn't grow up to be some fanatical religious person (far from it) nor is his wife very religious, but they do have a faith, and I bet they'll have their little girl and little boy in Sunday School one day, and church too.  I know he will. I'm glad he will because I do think it serves a wonderful purpose, and I think he thinks so, too - even though none of us are close to being "real religious".  

What was your first moniker before you moved? I remember you went to Oregon or somewhere and you used to have a different name, or as usual am I crazy?
Bug
Dear Movable, i will pray for you too!!!

it seems you must have really been hurt or something that has made you so harsh... i'm sorry that happened to you...

but, you must realize that this earth is not your saviour. it can not be! because it too will die someday... it has no power to save you. it is merely a creation that our Awesome God created for you, and to show you His Great Power and Strength and to show you His Ability to put all in place and Sustain it.  He Alone is Supreem and In Controll of All creation... He Alone Provided the Way for Life... and that was the Lord Jesus!

?.
your one ****** up person.  I think people like you should be locked up.  I'm not the one in pain.  You know, its usually fat people and very easily directed people that think the way you do.   Are you one of those that think handling snakes shows how much faith you have?  If so please try doing that with radiation.
If someone is walking in the middle of a busy street its not taking thier invertory by telling them there is a good chance they'll get hit by a car.
And it is not a matter of half full or half empty it is only a fact that by walking down the middle of a busy road you will get hit.
You can disagree with what I have said in this thread right till the end with the centuries of cleaver psyco blable that has brought us to this point.
  Do I expect a war that could kill half the worlds population ? no.  Would I be surprised? no.  I think it is common sense to see that OUR behavior has brought us to a piont of no return and without a doubt, I mean how can you deny that all wars are over beliefs weather its over whos flag is better or whos religion is the one from god or a certin group of people want what some one else has.  How can you deny this ?
   Continuing to think that jesus is the REAL savior and the Inians needed to be saved from hell is INSANE.
  To think that any religion has an answer is INSANE.
Religion is made up by humans for controling the natural desire for the truth.
I think anyone who is into these religions are delutional and insane.  And think that the only way for the human race to survive is that we as humans evolve beyound those neanderthales.
  Try this,  A clearer view of God is to moveabove what you belive in this moment, and the next
hi sandi - i just found this place and it's so good to see you here!  giving move-on a run for his money; you go girl!

sunspot - you're funny, thanks for the laugh!
I have been following this discussion and have found it interesting. I have found myself wondering about my own beliefs and how I go through life. I think that
I am a Christian.  I believe in one truth.  With that being said, I also know that others do not share my belief.  I cannot force someone to become a Christian.  I cannot argue them into it.  I can only testify to what the Lord has done in my life and suggest to another person that maybe this would be their answer.  I can provide them with scripture if they respond interested, but I won't beat them over the head with it.  I will pray for them.  I am not perfect.  Nobody, Christian, or a non-Christian is perfect.    I've made some big bad choices in my life, but I know, that I know, that I know, that the Lord has forgiven me for those choices and now, I have to choose to follow him or go my own way.  Everybody has a choice to make.  One day, we will all know whether we've me the right one.  Why should we argue today?  I am called to be in peace and being in strife is not something that is healthy.

Susan
Imagine theres no countries.   Your right, they died for a flag.   No country can give freedom.  Only God can and has.  It is countries and religions that take freedom away.   And think for a minute on the emotionalism that made you make that statment. Those shallow thoughts are  what will make you belive and allow anything even murder of babies and the planet.
To say if the glass is 1/2 empty or 1/2 full depends on if you have been filling it up, or pouring it out...lol...
I confess with my mouth and beleive in my heart Christ has risen from the dead. He resides in me. That is all we as Christians need to say, I beleive in witnessing when given the oppertunity but refuse to force any thought of my own or King James on any one. God will have His Way. THAT is faith. (plus we need to pray before we witness that God speaks through us, so we don't get in His way) I also believe that religions are like rivers, lakes, and streams...anyway, I LOVE YOU ALL...PEACE BE UNTO THIS PLACE!!!!!
Amen. I am pouring gasoline on a fire when I respond. I need to pray for my wisdom and patience in dealing with others
Bug
I don't know where you live, but where I live, if you tried to utter a 1/4th of the stuff you've said here, it would cause you to suffer a major a** kicking. It would be over with in less than 10 seconds because you would allow the a** kicking.  It's one thing to get your a** kicked if you didn't do anything to deserve it, but when you get an a** kicking because you're psychotic, well I guess that can be called evolution - survival of the fittest type thing.    

My thoughts might be shallow but the depth of freedom in this country is not
DANG! MY LITTLE HEARTS AND DO HICKIES WON'T POST HERE!!!
I don't think I said I was a non-believer, I am not sure what I am. I expressed how spirituality is for me and that just might be an expression of God. Am I Christian? I don't know. I believe in goodness and a better way to live your life. I have beliefs in what is good and what is bad. I try to live my life in a manner that I think fuels that flame that gives us strength. So if you believe this non-Christian I will post in another thread. Keep the Faith,
Your friend
And your kind are very good at what you do. Unfortunately you neanderthales will take down all of humanity with you. Volince covered by a flag or religion is still volince.
  If there was some way to just have each of you kill yourselfs without involving the higher evolved, I would wish it so.  But history has shown that its first the weak and vunerable that are made targets for the use of egotistical greedy.   You sure can throw punches and kick ass and shot guns and you can even fly planes into building with ease.
  In the end you will win, not because you are stronger or smarter, you will win only because you are easily controlled.
  I hope your flag burns.
Sorry to those of you who may find my next words offensive. But I need to say them. I realize this is not the place to debate with the likes of movealong and I will not contibute to it anymore.

Movealong your an ASS and a dumb one at that.
Gee whiz...just ignore it, you have too much happiness in your life right now with all the new energy after tx to get so riled up. You have been and are a GREAT inspiration to me for tx...I always find wisdom in your CALMER reports...you don't need this right now...the stress. We all choose which ways we want to believe...and thats OK...you still care for me and I for you etc. Knock it off and go pee in a cup....LOLOL.

12x12 p.132 It does a "body" good.
Hey You Guys,,,I have been biting my tongue here lol Because I love each and everyone of you but,,,,,you all can talk politics,,,religion on a never ending thread that could go on forever but still,,,no way is anyone changing their mind lol  And in fact,,,,the whole thing gets ugly!
But it does make for good enertainment,,,ha  
So I'll just sit in the corner and keep giggling! Hey Sandi!!!  Good to see you over here!!
You guys its great to have this area to discuss the deeper things in life... i know hepc and the treatment can really get to us mentally and spiritually. when i was treating i so wanted to talk about spiritual things but felt that mh was not the place to do it. yes i was worried about how others felt about it being talked about in a hepc "medical" site... but now with this new outlit it can now be discussed freely and i am so relieved for all who want to focus on the spiritual instead of just the physical...

*we are spiritual beings and it is hard to separate the physical from the spiritual so this outlit was so desprately needed... thank you mh!

that said, YIPPY!!! to all you Christians here!!! i want you to know there have been SOOOOOO many times i desired to comment and talk to you all over at the medical forum and held back... so now i so look forward to talking freely about our faith and encouraging one another in it!!!

and to those just looking on... i pray that the Holy Spirit will speak to your hearts too and warm hearts and minds to His Great Love for you!!!!!!!!!

i guess we should open different threads for debating these issues so there is a place for those wanting to debate different issues... as well as a place for those primarily seeking peace, healing, comfort and love through our great God and His Word...

talking about God and our faith does not need to be arguing, but i guess for those interested in debating there should be a separate thread for that perhaps...

what do you guys think?

moveabove, do you want to open a thread for debating the issues of religion and politics etc... or something? can we have a separate place for that so we can also have a thread free of that stuff??? and especially if you want to be mean about it... ???

i'm thinking some would actually appreciate a thread that is mostly just uplifting in nature...maybe we can start another faith thread minus the debating stuff! just an idea, i really am fine with whatever though...

luv in Him,
sandi

><(((
LOL...I bit my tounge for the last few days, good to see ya joinin' like a peace maker...they are blessed ya know HA!
Count me in as being loved, hated, or whatever for being a Christian.  Scripture teaches me that the world would hate me, but I count it all joy.  Yes even in all of my weakness, I am made strong.  Scripture also teaches me that no weapon formed against me will prosper.  With all of the madness in the world, bad weather that is happening, and everything seemingly falling apart, do you guys really think it's a good idea to be trying to take God out of our pledge of allegiance?  Especially the part ".....ONE NATION UNDER GOD..."  Yes I have this disease, but I couldn't imagine going through this tx without Christ.  Trust me if you living as if there is no God, you better hope that your right, because eternity is a long time to be wrong......

In Christ,
Rick
I need to correct my last comment,

That should be "you're" not "your" sorry about that.
I just got a little excited.
****ing 12 meetings a week and I feel like ripping my skin off {and as I'm writing that I'm doing that lol thing that I just learned was laughing out loud}  Me human higher power who is 77 with 37 yrs says I'm shading old stuff, my words not his.
  But that doent change what I said here just maybe my delivery.
  What an adjustment I'm going thru here with this new engergy or I should say body.  My muscles are bigger then when I was 18.
  What the fusk do I do with myself?  LoL  and lots of that.     I need a woman.  If I find one I'll keep her up all night just having fun. who needs work what the hell who needs money lets just have fun.  I dont mean up all night with sex. You have to laugh at this.  They should put me in a zoo with a sign around my neck saying "dont get hep-c or you'll have to do tx and end up like him"
   Thanks  Mkeele for your passing of serenity.  I'm out the door now to go bother the other aa's  or is that ass's
mkeela!!!hi how are ya!! cooooool, didn't know you my sister,,,((((((HUG))))))
you said "I beleive in witnessing when given the oppertunity but refuse to force any thought of my own or King James on any one. God will have His Way. THAT is faith"

I agree,,our own thoughts should not be forced on anyone, but as far as witnessing,,,I seize the moment,,all the time,,,I probably look as nuts sometimes as John The Baptist did in his day,,,but I don't eat locust.lol

I don't come off as well, ya know wacky ones,,but even when I stand in line at a check out in the supermarket, I can change a conversation about Paul Newmans popcorn to something related to the bible,,,,for instance,,,'boy that Paul Newman is such a nice guy,,he gives away all that money to charity,,,,,wonder if he thinks that will get him into heaven? do you think it will(I ask the person) This I do in a very soft tone, plus I don't look like a cook and this always ends up in a discussion of eternity and even if it gets the person to 'search' on their own,,,its a start.

Plus as the bible states in Romans10 How shall they believe in him whom they have not heard.......How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel..... I got some cute feet. lol

But ya know what Mkeela?? God has made us all different. I may turn someone off by my style of witness, but I still planted seed, then you or someone else comes along and bango!!! they are ripe for pickin' Ya know??

Good to have ya in here!!!! ((((hugs)))))
---------------------------------------------------------
Northstar...I'm doing good thanks. i take my 2nd shot Friday. So far so good,,keeping my fingers crossed. We all have to remeber to pray for one another daily, even if just for a minute that we all svr and have little ot no sx,,and mirlacles for those that need them or that have received a hopeless report.. we have to really pray for those. Some of the posts i read even of those that just pass through over on the other side,,if we all put them on our prayer list everyday,,we will see God move!!!!

Snow by you?? What state are you in. I'm in Jersey and we had a few flurries this afternoon. I was surpirised, but I shouldn't be,,its winter.lol
Nice talking to you.
btw, how are you feeling? are you currently tx now or waiting? Its so hard to keep up with whose at what point of tx.

see ya again!
I loved Ray Charles!! Didn't listen to all the songs yet, but went right to Amazing Grace and ohhh to listen To Ray Charles,,love him Thanks

I wanted to mention to you  thanks to sharing everything with me. That must have been hard as a nurse and see people die all the time. That was some story about that lady and her crying out to Jesus before she died. Boy I can understand how that moved all you guys. Not everyone has the opportunity to witness that,,but I guess God wanted you there. Its good that you have an open heart towards God. I can see that. Thats the way you find him,,He is not able to be figured out with your mind,,its your heart that has to seek him.

You are a very genuine person and I'm glad to have met you.

Have a good night.
You sure did start something LOL!  I'm very glad to have met you too.  What a great topic this has been (I think for everyone).  I have indeed seen many unbelievable things and experienced many things (miracles) that nothing can explain other than.... it was an act of ... (I don't know why it's hard for me to say this), but an act of God.  I guess it's become difficult for me to say "God" (especially on a Hep C forum)  because the word "God" is so inflammatory to some people that it just ...it's ridiculous.  That fact alone has influenced my use of the word, God.  Even though I may wax and wane at times on my beliefs and what I do and don't believe in, I used to never be hesitant to say something like "it was an act of God",  or "I am blessed", or "my prayers are with you."  I don't say that to people anymore.  Some people take such offense at those kinds of statements that I am no longer spontaneous with "God" because I don't want to I don't even tell someone anymore that my prayers are with them because I'm afraid someone will get all bent out of shape and start hollering about political correctness.  Yeah right :)  I think you know where I'm coming from.  

Glad you liked Ray Charles Amazing Grace.  Pine Box is pretty good, too.  And the song, Light from the Half Canyon was from one of my favorite movies of all times, A River Runs Through It.  

Best of luck to you with your treatment, and I look forward to the continued friendship!  Good luck to everyone.  

Ya know,......I MUST be whacked! I have been sitting here tryin to remember what my monikeer was before I changed it to northstar..............kinda scarey huh?
Well, there's my life in a nutshell these days, one blonde moment after another. lol
But yeah, I was living down south, and we decided to come back to our roots, the northwest. I grew up in washington state, so Im feeling right at home these days.
I love Oregon! the people are chilled and easy going. The state is filled with mountains, beautiful views in every direction, and so many things to do if your so inclined.
I am going crazy trying to remember the name I used!!! What was it! Oh,........why did you ask me, I wont sleep till I remember now.

Myown: I am no longer on tx.I have been off for about 3 months now. Lots of post sx. From all the reading, and asking I have been doing about some of my symptoms, one keeps popping up, it is "periphial neuropathy" (sp.?)
I feel like Im am being burned (literally) off and on in the wrist/hand. I read where it is not so uncommon to experience this 3-5 months after tx.(thats when it peaks)
I am hoping this is temp. as it did state that for some this is both permanent and irreversible damage in some cases, caused by interpheron therapy.
But went on to say that for most this is temp sx.

LADBUG! I THINK IT WAS SOMETHING MAMA,..........I DONT REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi,how are you doing tonight? let me see if I can explain what i mean about seeker sensitive church... seeker sensitive I mean in a people pleaser type church,,tickle the ears type of a church,messages that will give people excuse for their behavior, rather than saying boldly they are sinners and need salvation. The programs and all the fun stuff 'to do, that makes the person come out for the program, rather thatn the word, not that all programs are wrong. I belonged to a seeker sensitive church for several years and in the beginning the excitement and all the 'programs,etc,seemed 'wow' this church really helps develope people and then I felt after a while that Jesus was on a back burner, Hard to explain how I felt, but I knew it was time to leave. Had a great position as a musician there,,,seen by lots of people,,ya know the mega service,,,but I didn't feel good about it..if I stayed it would have just been for the spot light I had there and that is not my reason for going to church on Sundays,,so I left. But you are in your church and you have to follow what God is telling you. If thats where you feel he has placed you,,then that is where you should be and it sounds like you are happy there,,so thats great!

Good talking to you!!
I couldn't sleep last night (as usual) and about 3 am turned on the computer and found your "Prescription" of music. So I have to say I spent at least a half hour enjoying your links at Tiny URL. Thanks chcnme! I for one would love to see more of this as I "Watch & Wait". It was a very nice diversion.

~DoMusic~
Lilmomma? I kept thinking it was something related to momma or mommy too. Glad you're doing well. I admire people who can just pack up and move. How brave!
Take care
Bug
Mequila: You certainly did a great job of diffusing the situation. Sometimes it just takes a kind word.
Myown:You push my buttons and get a rise out of me everytime. My autonomic nervous system gets in that fight or flight mode and, well, I've never been one to run from a fight. Lets just nicely agree to disagree. Besides, I think more wars are fought over greed and money than religion. Just had to get in the last word;)
,,agreeably to disagree about what?? lol really, maybe too many posts to read,,don't know which one you are referring to?
Well stated!! I agree 100%
good to have ya here! didn't know you know HIM too,,,thats great!!

you said 'wait and watch,',,,,you're holding off until better meds?? just curious. I'm sure you posted it at some time, but its hard to remember everyones stats and to tell you the truth,,I used to read EVERY POST,,,now If I read 2, its alot,,,I lost the energy to read all that or something,or maybe I just want to chill out for a while,,,but in reality, I might just be getting lazy.lol

see ya later.
Perhaps why His Word teaches that it is the "love" of money which is the root of all evil.
You were lilmomma weren't uyou?
Is there limits to how long a tread can be. I posted a reply and it didn't go through. Last post number in the thread is 82 and mine was 86 I think. They must be going to never never land or something.

DoMusic
There it is . . . Hum? Anyway, thanks again for the tunes they were great. I especially like the John Prine tune with the Tin Whistle, which is one of the instruments I play as well as the bagpipe. Liked the mandolin song to. I'm building two right now, between rest periods.

Thanks for the Rx.

DoMusic
Howdy,,,don't ya leave,,,I think your nice,,,don't worry about moveabove,,,he's harmless (I think?) I find that if you don't care for what someone posts and you know that,,just don't read anything they write, unless of course its inside a thread of your own,,,I just started doing that of recent,,actually I am getting lazy at reading all the posts on the other side and now I find my self reading just a couple and then moving on to do something else..On the other side I don't understand why a certain few sorta even follow me around, so curious at what I'm posting, strange or hard to understand...that never ending thread I opened seems to keep going on,,i like how ladybug said,,,'the thread that keeps on giving,' I cracked up so hard laughing when I read that.

but sit down, take your shoes off stay a while.
now i have to scram,,,i have to do some housework,,,see ya later.
i love you!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!
That was it! It seems it doesnt take much to amuse me either these days.
I am so glad that is all figured out.
Ladybug:
I dont know if "brave" is the term I would use. I must have also been a little crazy, but there was a minimal window in which we could do this successfully, and we packed and ran for it. thanks be to God, it all worked out. We all found jobs that we like, and within 5 miles of our condo. Cant ask for much more. It was snowing when I went to work this morning, it was soooo beautiful.

Friole: how have you been doing???? Where are you at with your tx? How are sx?
I should know better than to stick my neck into this hornets nest but...

In C12 you say:

When I see others raising their objections and/or trying to make it sound as though I'm trying to convert them I simply tell myself that perhaps it's simply the Spirit convicting upon them to make them aware that they do know what is right but refusing to accept it.

There are times when I wonder if the objections are not initiated by the people themselves, but instrumented by the one who wants to keep all in the dark and shadow of untruths.

Then later in c39 you go on to say:

I would agree that one does not need to go around thumping their bible. But I do not believe that sensitivity to others means that one suppress absolutely all expression of their faith......

I tolorate and recognize the right of others to express their beliefs and allow them that right rather than trying to witness to them that I believe they are wrong and why.

Maybe you toked up a fatty between making those posts?

And your point is what?
Hi Domusic. Glad you liked the Rx :)  Music is the best way for me to figure something out or just keep thinking on it and never figure it out.  I do my best to keep the good medicine going. In fact, I just might start responding with music only :)  Naw... but I was thinking it would be nice to post some songs every few days because it is a diversion (a great one).  My taste in music goes from one extreme to the other - depends on my mood.

Well... I'm on my way to the GI do, and so I'll leave with these songs.  Some are peaceful, some are jazzy, some are silly, some are fun.  All of it's fun. (If it's not fun, I don't wanna participte.)  

The next to the last song? lol - it's particularly fun, and I dedicate it to Myown because I truly believe she has the power (said with sincerity)

Have a great day!  

Bruce Hornsby Mandolin Rain
http://tinyurl.com/y8wyy9

Leon Russel Out In The Woods
http://tinyurl.com/yc9tt4

Seals and Crofts Hummingbird
http://tinyurl.com/yj5y6k

Luka Bloom Listen to the River
http://tinyurl.com/yaq6w9

wooooo hooo......wooooo hoooo ...woooooo hooooo
KT Tunsell Black Horse and Cherry Tree
http://tinyurl.com/y84vy7

Elvin Bishop Travelin shoes
http://tinyurl.com/ymqd2k

Isley Bro's Fight the Power
http://tinyurl.com/y7nwwl

This one?  This is for everybody and it's where I'm definitely going when I get back from the doc!  

John Prine Fish And Whistle
http://tinyurl.com/y7r7fr

Have a great day!  
>> I love you...

You get me a little hot and bothered yourself....

...nice to here from my favorite blast from the past. Take care of yourself.

Alright chcnme, I figured it out. Pretty nifty too.

DoMusic/y7fgtg
well, I'm so glad that these drugs do not affect my brain. I called moveabove myown for the second time and it took me several days to catch it:
I couldn't figure out why moveabove was not responding!
Really, I've always had problems with messing up a person's name. I'm very good at renaming people!
Take care you've been cracking me up lately, I did notice the physical resemblance between you and Rev!
lol! i was saying to myself,,,what the heck??? bug seemed so normal,,oh no, she's not! lol I know i can push buttons so of course i didn't think it was an error. ha!

Glad you caught up with me and told me. It didn't seem like you, thats why it confused me. But if it happens again, I'll know its an error. It would be funny if you said something down the road like that again to me and I said 'oh you meant that for moveabove right?' And you say,'no,THIS TIME I MEANT IT FOR YOU MYOWN'. lol

Don't worry about it,mistakes happen. see  ya later!
Dear imagine, i'm wondering if by any chance you meant to speak to someone else besides me in your post above addressed to me??? because i don't remember saying anything previously about your faith choice... i'm totally confused,(which sure wouldn't be the first time...lol)

i'm so sorry if i said something that was offensive to you... i surely didn't mean it if i did... i actually loved your post, it was very touching. i hope i did'nt say something to hurt you. please let me know if i did, i can assure you it was not my intention...

peace,

sandi
LOL, I think I was just hot about the stuff that moveabove was spouting. No you did not say anything that I should take any offense at all. I remember you from when I was here a little over two years ago and appreciated your comments to me. Take Care!