Hepatitis Social Community
Need help with Restless Leg Syndrome

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Need help with Restless Leg Syndrome

I'm in week 8 of Triple Tx. with Inc. A couple of nights ago I started to notice my legs bothering me and keeping me awake. Last night it was even worse. And still my legs are still "restless". If you have any suggestions for combating this new Sx please let me know!

Thank you!
When I was on this tx, it was not just my legs that bothered me at night, it was my whole body : )  I felt achy and tense and irritable, and it was hard to go to sleep.  Sometimes I got back out of bed and just stayed up a few more hours.  I lived on a crazy schedule for that 24 wks.

Do your legs hurt or ache or feel tight?  Addressing this symptom might be easier if you sort out exactly what it is you are feeling.  If your legs feel painful, does it feel like the muscles hurt or is the pain deeper?  If muscular and there are no contraindications, stretching, a little more exercise, and / or massage might help.  Also make sure you're drinking enough water.  In my experience, even relative dehydration can contribute to muscle spasms.

I got a massage every 1-2 weeks during tx and I think it really helped me.  Also had acupuncture monthly, and I think that helped with sides as well.  I tried to get some exercise but the anemia really slowed me down.  

Good luck with your tx!  
Lapis
Oh, I meant to say, for more replies you might want to post this on the Hep C help board as more people read that side.
Thanks lapis.  I'll post there.  Peace!