Hepatitis Social Community
No study for me

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

No study for me

I was all set to start the trial for m13-099 had the interview had been cleared to start just needed a new liver biopsy last one was in 05. all set to go have it tomorrow. Got a call today from my contact at Virginia Mason and apparently I am ONE week over from test results I had in june 07.  I finished up my last treatment 12/19/06 with labs done on 12/26/06 and I had cleared. had my 6 month on 6/22/07 the virus had returned. The time between those dates is 25 wks . The protocal for this abbot study is that the time between has to be 24 wks. I am at a loss for any rational thought on this...really one wk back in 2007. Study coordinator has a call into trial to see if any thing can be done, but she does not think it looks good,because studys have strict protocal to follow.
I would like to believe everthing happens for a reason...but right now I am so flippin' bummed. Just needing to vent.
Not sure I am so hopeful anymore.
Oh my thats unreal... You would think the most important thing to them would be that you had a PCR done at EOT last time and was clear. So no matter how you look at it you are a relapser. Either at 6 months or 6 months and 1 week, doesn't change a thing at this time.

I was in the last Boceprevir trial and yes they have very strict guidelines but there was also a little wiggle room here and there..... Hopefully your Study coordinator makes the right calls for you....... Good luck
Is it because SVR labs are 24 weeks after EOT labs?
Sorry this happened.
I hope that lady can find a way for you.
Sorry to hear that.

Hope is bright shining light which keeps darkness at the bay
Hope is gentle cold breeze on a hot summer day

Hope is to remain positive when going gets tough
hope is seeking more when others think u had enough

What hope means

Hope is dreaming of tommorow
Hope is simmering under sorrow

Hope is sparkles when tears in our eyes
Hope is a beautiful thing & beutiful things never dies

What hope means

Hope is as light as a feather
Hope keeps all of us together

Hope is ubiquitous and free of cost
hope is the last thing ever lost.....
Vineet Bansal