I wanted to share this letter I received from Margaret today.
* * *
October is Liver Disease Awareness Month, and we hope to make the world aware of the CURE for Hepatitis C which was discovered in phase II trials between Gilead Sciences and Bristol-Myers Squibb. Gilead Sciences, however, has refused further collaboration and we hope to make this the month that we convince them to move forward. Will you please help us by signing & sharing the petition at the link below. If we can get enough people to sign we can help change the lives of more than 170 million people who are suffering and dying with this disease every day. Our heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you! Please sign it...then share it.
Margaret and Gary Dudley
HCV Coalition for The Cure
• Over 170 million worldwide
• 4 million in U.S.
• 3-4% of adults chronically infected
• Liver cancer due to HCV most rapidly increasing cause of cancer death in U.S.
• HCV number one reason for liver transplantation (re-infection of new liver universal problem and progression of disease more rapid)
PEOPLE AT RISK FOR HEPATITIS C INCLUDE:
• Recipients of blood transfusions prior to 1990
• IV drug users
• Health care workers
• Intranasal cocaine users
• Dialysis patients
• Recipients of body piercing or tattoos or even possibly manicures/pedicures
• The CDC now recommends all “baby boomers” (people born between 1945 through 1965) should get a one-time test for Hepatitis C.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.