Hepatitis Social Community
On the lighter side

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

On the lighter side

Or should I say "heavier" side? This supposedly is the best Grateful Dead concert ever performed/bootlegged. "Barton Hall, Ithaca, NY 5/8/77"

http://www.archive.org/details/gd77-05-08.matrix.dan.26856.sbeok.flacf

I'm not a Dead head, but got the link thru a skiing magazine, go figure. It's free to download. Something to take your mind off whatever.

Oh my God, I was AT that show!  I'll download it right away.

This is just what I needed this week.  Thanks a million.

jd
Painted many an album cover for the Dead.  Partiers all. Well, maybe not all. I miss Jerry and Bill.  I knew them well. Brings so many memories. Thanks for the post.  I only wish I had gone to Woodstock instead of Altamont.  Although, I don't regret going to Alta mont, it wasn't as bad as portrayed.  
Nice. Check out also sugarmegs.org/. Lots of old clips of bands both audio and video.
scratchinghead, I see you are from Gresham, OR.  I live in Brookings, OR.  

And the more interesting thinng is that I grew up in Ithaca, NY,  Graduated from Ithaca College in 1974 and was at the 1977 Grateful Dead concert .  I was also at Woodstock and Watkins Glen where Allman Brothers and Grateful Dead played.

Fun times back then, but it is what got me here today.

Were you the guy with the fish at that show? ;)
Loved the dead. Saw em at the "US Festival" in San Bernadino back in the day. As a drummer I still love to crank em up along with the Allman Bros. and  jam myself down memory lane. sweeeeeettt!
No, I was the guy with the line in the boat.  By the way do remember Janis Joplin being a Ithaca College in about 1971?  Didyou go to school back there.
A good friend went to Ithica, class of 77.  Janis was long gone - what a waste!  
So, was I.  I just didn't know it yet.  Actually, my life has been fairly successful.  Lots of fun.  Fish alot of the Oregon Coast.  I think things are about to change tho.
You'll be ok.  Smoke em if you got em, it helps a lot!  I'll be cheering you on.

jd
SF: I only wish I had gone to Woodstock instead of Altamont.
-------------------
Guess what I was doing during Woodstock?

Sick in bed with Hepatitis C (acute stage) although it didn't have a name yet. I wish I had gone to either as opposed to being all sick and jaundiced.
Wow! I rememeber that. Was the year I got married, boy did that trigger some ole
memories.

Marriage didnt last more than 8 years but the Dead did!
Haven't had em for years.  I asked in a thread about smoking MJ and if it helped or hurt.  I was given mixed opinions.  So, I'll just wait. I get my ultrasould  and fibrosure test results back on Friday.  Hope to know a little more then.  Been almost week since I have had a drink.  And, almost a year since I quit smoking.  

Gee, now after all those years,  I will be so pure and probably die from liver disease. :)

Oh well, it was fun.