One year post SVR
Well I went and got tested for my one year post tx. I don't have my PCR results yet but my liver panel is well into the normal range, so I feel comfortable about SVR. However, my triglyceride's  are way over the limit of normal, in fact they are alarming. So my Dr gave me some medicine. After being on this forum so much I learned to investigate anything I am told and become proactive in my own health care. The meds I was given has some bad sides including liver issues. I will not be taking this drug at this point. I am going to start to get way more exercise and monitor my diet.
I went through so much to get SVR I wont wreck my liver from meds or not getting enough exercise. I should add that I got a huge promotion at work, so now I don't work construction in the field, but am at a desk fulltime.
So my physical activity has gone to nothing and I believe that is the culprit.
  We as heppers become warriors where our health is concerned. I learned how to fight right here on this site!! I refuse to let a little thing like this get me down.
God bless you all!! and never stop fighting!!
we
Hi!! Good luck to you getting your triglycerides down, you have a good plan, diet and exercise!!! I'm sure you'll get another SVR!! Take care:)
For some reason that seems common after treatment, being that I am cirrhotic the only thing they suggest at this time to take is Welchol. While all meds come with their own warnings liver problems is not one of them.

Works pretty well, congrats, wishing you the best.
Congratulations on still being UND/SVR. Great that you got a promotion too.

Hope you can get your triglycerides back down. Wishing you the best.

"I went through so much to get SVR I wont wreck my liver from meds or not getting enough exercise."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes! I relate to what you are saying and I think you already know it is probably related to lack of exercise. Swimming is always nice.:)

Good for you for being proactive, I admire your determination to maintain your health. Once we have been on the other end, many of us never again take for granted our good health.
All the best to you, slider.
congrats on SVR must be a fantastic feeling agree with rival swimming is a good all round exercise and gentle on you to also try a bit of steady walking a bit of fresh air always makes you feel better, best wishes and i hope you continue to improve
  Pay close attention to the foods you are putting in,  I go for the stuff
in the bulk section, also try to prepare your meals at home, as restaurant food  has tons of grease~
   I ride my bike, and walk, these are two pleasant ways to get that blood flowing, good luck
Treatment changed my whole attitude towards exercise. I used to enjoy the aftereffects (endorphins), but always wanted it to be over with while I was working out. Now I'm the happiest guy in the gym because I am ABLE to exercise again. Must be something to do with realizing the value of things when you lose them for awhile. Good luck with your plan and I like your attitude.
Wonderful news!
Happy SVR...

Reva
Congrats and thanks for sharing.
Gotta love the SVR!  Congrats
Hey there, congratulations on your SVR.  Smart of you to look into the statins, they are not our friends.  I would check into to what can do mentioned. Maybe yours will normalize in time or you could try to change your diet to lower cholesterol.
I am like you, I am not taking anything that will wreck my liver any more than it is
Best of luck to you, thank you so much for sharing.
get off that chair and get some exercise!........a real desk? wow!.....good luck with everything.....billy
Thanks all!! Got the phone call today...Undetected!!! SVR for sure now!!! My odds were not good as my first tx was a mess. I owe so many people, but mainly my hep family right here. NEVER GIVE UP is what I have learned from it all.
God Bless!!
Again, I have to say...I am so very happy for you.  The  time I relapsed I was determined to do whatever I had to to get to SVR.
I...like you. have learned so much....feel so lucky and like Reid...I appreciate every thing that I can do now.
People ask me what I am doing....I am living :) living like I haven't in a long long time..
Congratulations on SVR and promotion
Dee
Isn't life so darn funny?  You really could have used the desk job when you were doing construction
I don't know how you did it.
I admire you for doing tx.
I am now 2 years post tx triple Incevik. Still UND. I think I am out of the woods on this. Good luck to all.