Hepatitis Social Community
Posting links on forum

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Posting links on forum

Can anyone explain why most of the URLs people post on these forums are not live links, and can't be copied and pasted either? I often want to check them out but I can't select and copy them and they are usually WAY too long to be able to visually copy and type them out with any hope of accuracy. I almost always am using my iPhone for this forum, but I have tried both the mobile site and the full site and neither one let's me select the URL to copy it. Then every once in a while someone posts a URL that is alive link that can just be clicked. What is done differently that makes some of them live while most are not? I guess I should try using my desktop computer and see if I can copy the URLs that way, but Its hard for me to spend much time sitting at my desk.
Tags: posting, links
The only "live" links on this site are all related to this site, MH automatically does this, the outside links are able to be posted but unable to just click on them and go to the outside site, the URL has to be copy and pasted to your browser bar.

Hope that helps
Cant you just highlight the link and opt to open it in a new tab (or window) without having to go through all the cut and paste mechanics?
Thanks you two. Now I understand why some are live and some aren't. The inability to copy and paste is still an issue, but I guess it's an iPhone problem, because now that I'm on my desktop computer I can select the url and right-click to open it. I'm perplexed as to why I couldn't do that on my iPhone, when it has no problem doing that on other websites. They must have something odd about their underlying coding on both the full site and the mobile site.