Hepatitis Social Community
Progression of SE

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Progression of SE

I have been on the Incevik now for nearly 3 weeks and so far the SE have been minimal. Occasional nausea (not severe - did vomit once) and some rectal issues that I've been able to manage thus far.  Am I to expect that this is as bad as it will get or do the SE get progress as the treatment continues?  Also, I'm having a difficult time with the 20g of fat.  I'm eating my fat snack at 6:30 am, 2:30 pm and 10;30 pm and then taking my Incevik 30 minutes later respectively.  My problem is that these aren't normal eating times for me but that is the only way I can avoid getting up in the middle of the night to eat.  I feel like I'm eating all day and I'm definitely gaining weight.  Any suggestions??
Congrats on being having so few side effects. You're fortunate.
You can try increasing your exercise to counter the weight gain.
Once you're off the Incevik you won't need to keep up with the fat.

Good luck~
do what it says and eat the fat!....without the fat the drug will not work nearly as well...when i hear no sides it makes me nervous...i wonder what your blood work looks like...some folks svr without many sides...i wouldn't worry about a little weight gain..i gained 20+ pounds on tx...good luck.....billy
Thanks.  Here is my story...I am a nurse and I stuck myself while starting an IV on a patient on May 8th.  He was Hep C+.  Before the time came to check me to see if I had developed antibodies I wound up in the hospital, sick, weak and very yellow.  Luckily, I had made a report and everything was documented.  I went to see a specialist and since he knew exactly when I acquired the virus he wanted to wait for a specific window of time to see if I cleared the virus spontaneously (about 20% of people do). It looked like I was going to, my PCR was down to 90!  Then it started rising.  Long story short,  I am taking Incevik off label, as it is not been approved for acute Hep C cases.  However, my doctor has done extensive research here and with some colleagues overseas and believes that taking the Incevik will cut my treatment down to 12 weeks instead of 24. Th
Hi there, I feel somewhat connected to you as I am also an RN that was exposed via a needlestick.  I am considered chronic though as I was exposed a little over a year ago.  I just began my 6 mon triple therapy treatment.  I am glad you have not had many side effects, good for you! I understand about your complaints with the fat intake.  I feel gross! Anyway, best of luck to you! Keep in touch!
this is way over my head......other members will help...sorry