Hepatitis Social Community
Raised alkaline phosphate level again

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Raised alkaline phosphate level again

Hi all,
I have had an elevated alkaline phospatase (167) when tested in February. I was tested again 2 weeks later and it rose again to 185 and then went down to 167. My doctor has since ordered calcium and phosphorus blood levels, parathyroid hormone levels... these are all normal. AST test is normal too. When they did the test to see where the alkaline is coming from it was coming from the bone more than the liver and intestine (although levels were present from them). I was put on vitamin D tablets as my Vitamin D level was in the normal range but low. I was told to have a blood test in early August and got the results back today. My alkaline phosphate level is 156...so it is going down. They are just going to monitor it. Is this enough? I asked for a liver scan but because the doctor said there isn't much coming from the liver then it's not worth it and they are just going to monitor it every 2 months. I'm worrying again :-( Anyone else had this problem?
Thank you.
P.S No hepatitis was found either.
i know I'm prob not posting in the right forum but I thought some of you may have some advice about where to go next with this problem?