Hepatitis Social Community
Roche Replacement

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Roche Replacement

I did what many of you suggested and called (well actually called the pharma company first) and they gave me the number for the Pegasys hotline (1-877-Pegasys, go figure) about the injection I misplaced last Friday.  I told the good folks at Roche what a silly goober I am and about how I had misplaced my little shot syringe doohickey.  They are going to replace it with a vial which they will apparently send to my pharma company and then the pharma company will send it to me.  Seems like a bit of a protracted process to me, but its great they're going to replace it for me.

They told me it will be in a vial that I'll need to draw up myself instead of in the pre-filled syring and I told them that would be no problem, that I already take epogen that I draw up myself.  I just hope I get it in time since I don't have any shots left and I'll need it for next Friday's injection.  I guess if I don't have it by next Wednesday I'll call my pharma company, as they said that they could always run my next set of injections/riba through my insurance early if worse came to worse (this was before I'd called Roche and they told me they could replace the Pegasys shot).  But anyway, cool for Roche to step up to the plate and save my absent minded axx!

And now, since I have a mind numbing headache, I'm getting off of here for the evening.  Take care everyone.  I'm getting an ice bag and turning the lights out!
Call your pharma anyway. If they can run your next set of injectibles early, go for it, regardless. I felt exposed if I didn't have at least four vials of Peg sitting in my fridge at all times. Same with Procrit. OK, so I was a bit obsessive when treating, but you really don't want to be down to zero vials, ever.

-- Jim
I don't know about your Dr. Mine keeps samples at the office for times like these. Might be worth a try. I did'nt see the other post so sorry if you already did this.

hack.
Getting through the dragon lady of a nurse to actually SPEAK with my doctor in a timely manner for a situation like this would take an act of Congress.  She JUST scheduled me today for a colonscopy that she was supposed to set up two months ago.  I'd actually thought they'd changed their mind about doing one because I hadn't heard from them.  She is inept and a huge b*tch and when I finish tx'ing and am RVR I will do something about her further employment.  Don't want to rock the boat now because I'm still treating and I don't want to get bounced out in the middle of it.

I can work it out with the pharmacy tomorrow though although I am cutting it a little close I agree. Someone has been trying to call all day from a 1-800 number.  Prob the pharma co.  I have just been so ill today so I didn't answer.  Yes, I'm a moron.  Wasn't thinking.  Figured out in retrospect that it was probably them.  Worse comes to worse though I'll drive over there and get the shot tomorrow or Friday or go to the ER here.