Hepatitis Social Community
SVR!! After only 15 weeks

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

SVR!! After only 15 weeks

Found out yesterday I am SVR I was taken off treatment @ 15 weeks and I was genotype 1b, so there is hope out there.  I was also told yesterday that my blood work showed something high with the colon, I had a colonoscopy done in Nov 2011 and had 1 small and 1 very large polyps, said the large was one you need to watch out for and for me to get another one in 2 yrs, and now they are making me take another colonoscopy next week.  I have had bad side effects once off of treatments my face keeps swelling up with red blotches and eyelids red and flakey.  My platelets had gotten up to 150 and now back down to 101 my HGB was down to 7 and then went to 14 which was great and now down to 12 which is still good, I still have shortness of breath not as bad as I had when on treatment. I have had a bad rash all over the inside of my thighs, that started 3 months ago and boy does it itch, no m thighs don't rub together so it's not that, I am going to my G,I. Doctor on Tuesday but he seems to think none of it is related to treatment, we all know how I feel about him.  Am I going crazy or what??  Should I worry about the colon, this is the first time I have had any signs on blood work for the colon, can't recall the letters they said., any answers would help..........thank you

Michele
Hi! Sorry to say don't know anything about the colon. But find it hard to believe the rash is not related to treatment. Most people can trace something they did to cause a rash and yours is very wide spread. To me that seems like something internal. Like treatment. I'm not done with mine yet. I'm geno2b, doing the riba/peg. I had a MRI with iodine for contrast. I didn't break out until at least a week later. All over my thighs, part of stomach and then a little here and there. So they said it probably wasn't from MRI. Oh please of course it was. It was the iodine and it was my first dose so didn't know I was sensitive.  Ha!! Good luck. Hope your colonoscopy goes ok. Congrats on treatment ending, hope that gets to SVR next.  
Congratulations on SVR! That is great you cleared.

Regarding your question about the tests and your colon, I would post that question on the Gastroenterology Forum, someone there will probably be able to answer it.
As to your rash, I wish I could give you an answer. My guess is that it is tx related, esp. since you reacted to strongly to the meds...but cannot be certain. I would see a dermatologist if it persists.
Good luck with your colonoscopy.
Oops you are SVR. Well that's even better!!! :)
Congratulations on attaining SVR! That is truly wonderful news.

As far as the rash and skin issues are concerned, my thought is that they could very well be treatment related. Those red and flaky eyelids sound like psoriasis. I got them after treatment too. My suggesstion would be to go to a dermatologist and have the dermatologist examine your various rashes and skin issues and let the dermatologist diagnose them and treat them. That is what I did and my skin issues and the psoriasis are getting a lot better.

Do you have a copy of the test that the doc said was "high." If so, what was the test and what were the results. I am not sure we can help much without knowing which test you had and what the result was. Or, maybe you can get a copy of the test when you go and see the doc.

Good to see your platelets and hemoglobin are improved. Keep us posted.
I didn't realize there were any blood tests pertaining to the colon

http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/colorectal/basic_info/screening/tests.htm

Are you thinking of the CEA bloodtest?  This is typically done pre-tx and post-tx.  Also I use to smoke and my GI and Hepa Drs said this can elevate the CEA.  But it's always best to take precaution.

http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/cea/tab/test

Congrats on SVR!!!!!!!!
Jules
***@**** has good explanations of testing for cancer.
Best To You
cancure.org has great info on Cancer Tests.
Best to you
Hi there,
cancure.org gives a really good explanation of all the tests related to colon.
It's under cancer tests.  I not suggesting you have cancer.  But it does tell you
about testing that might be beneficial to you and others.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Reva
So very glad for your SVR... I be a genotype 1b also... Although,  No tx yet .. so I can't comment on that part...

but I know some things about colon issues. You are my age so maybe I can offer some helpful hints.... I would be glad to offer my 2 sense worth...

BUT beyond a doubt... CONGRATS ON A SUCCESSFUL TX.  !!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michele, I remember you.  So glad to hear that you made it to SVR!  You really endured a lot, and I'm so happy for you.
Advocate1955
Hey there, so happy to hear that even though you weren't able to finishe you have gotten to SVR.  This is such a blessing.  I am very happy for you
Thank you very much colorpal, I know not a lot about the colon, has the colonoscopy back in Nov and that was it.....
Thank you everyone - I really wonder if I was really a 1b and had it since 74 or 75,  that is one of the ones they say is hard to treat and look it here, could my body really except the meds that well?  I really would like to say how sorry I am for causing so much confusion when I first got on here, I think it scared me more than I wanted to think it would since I had lost my brother from this.  My prayers are with all of you that you get well and live a long and Hep C free life!  

Again Thank You All So Much For being There..:)

Michele
I remember when you had to quit.  I wanted to say again, you are one of our miracles, 15 weeks and SVR, like MsDragonslayer, 12 weeks, HepatitisExperiment 9 weeks. Working Dog, I think was 19 weeks.
I am so happy for you.
Dee