Hepatitis Social Community
SVR w/ viral load higher than measurable!!!
About This Community:

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SVR w/ viral load higher than measurable!!!

Hi everyone!!!  Not sure if anyone is on here from when I began tx, but I received a message from a member recently that reminded me of this forum and felt that I needed to post my success on here because others' posts of success helped me when I first began!!!!

I began triple tx with incivek in the summer of 2011.  I was dx with hep-C 1A and my viral load was higher than could be measured!!!  I didn't find anyone else on here or otherwise with that high of a viral load so suffice to say my hope was a bit low.... I found a lot of support on this site but after a while I had to discontinue because I become a bit of a hypochondriac when given too much medical information lol!!!  I also found that I was obsessing and focusing all of my (remaining) energy on my symptoms and I realized I would never make it through if I continued to do so.  I stopped focusing on them and began focusing more on my daughter and that made my symptoms so much more bearable.  I successfully completed the year of tx and I am SO happy to say that I did attain SVR!!!!!  

I completed my year of tx as a single mother with very little support.  I feel this is also important to mention because as a single mother facing what was ahead, I needed to know that others have done it as single parents themselves.

It feels like I have been given a new lease on life and I have more energy now than I could have ever imagined!!!  I've started my own business (which I actually started as a hobby 6 months into tx to get my mind off of symptoms) and I am LOVING life!!!!  I want to thank this forum for helping me and let all of you out there currently on tx or preparing for tx know that there are so many others with so many different situations and circumstances that have successfully completed tx and I KNOW and BELIEVE that YOU CAN TO!!!  

Best wishes,
shanro :)
22 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
179856_tn?1333550962
I remember you Shanro congrats on your success great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Blank
Thanks for posting.
Very good news, indeed.
Blank
4670047_tn?1375734001
Congrats on your svr. Your story was adorable! Not while you we're in treatment though. Yes sometimes it's best to back away from info!! So glad your happy now-- good luck.     Kitty
Blank
1761834_tn?1315841426
I remember you as well!!  Thank you!!!  How are you??
Blank
hi i dont know you but i just had to say CONGRATULATIONS! all the way from England
Blank
Thanks for sharing. Its great to hear positive news and gives us still on tx motivation to carry on.
Blank
4113881_tn?1401895587
Thanks for sharing that! VL higher than measurable....WOW! Congrats!
Blank
766573_tn?1365170066
This is encouraging. Congrats on treating and getting on with your life :)  :)  I hope you don't mind me asking (since I just finished treatment myself) but I was wondering if you treated 24 or 48 weeks.

Blank
3122657_tn?1357436202
great story and  every success story helps those that are just starting and also those who struggle and just everyone in the middle of treatment i could not have entered into treatment without everyone here to help with info and success stories

Congrats on you new start /SVR
Blank
180992_tn?1383377657
Loved this, thanks for sharing. Stories like this keeps us going.  SVR no more HepC, Wow!
Blank
1761834_tn?1315841426
48 weeks
Blank
1815939_tn?1377995399
Congratulations on attaining SVR! Your story is a wonderful story with a very positive ending.  I am so happy for you and I am also glad that you shared your story with us. Have a great Hep C free life.   : )
Blank
1815939_tn?1377995399
I remember you were still DET at week 4. I also remember you had a big drop in VL, but were still DET at week 4. When did you become UND?

I also remember you had to reduce Riba due to anemia. Did you stay reduced throughout all of the rest of your treatment?

Wow! It is just great that you went from such a high VL and attained SVR. That should give everyone on treatment hope.  
Blank
1761834_tn?1315841426
I was UND on my blood test after that... I don't remember how many weeks that is... I'm thinking 8 wks???  I did have to reduce Riba to 800 and stayed at that dosage throughout the rest of my treatment.  I was so worried about it, but it turned out fine!! :)
Blank
1761834_tn?1315841426
I am so overwhelmed by the responses!!!  I'm so glad that my story can give others' hope!!!  This is such a rough treatment but honestly, it's been a little over 8 months since I was done, and I barely remember how tough it was... I just remembered that it was tough...  I'm so grateful memories work like that lol!!!
Blank
and congratulations on SVR !
Blank
1815939_tn?1377995399
Thanks for the information.

I never got to know you well back in 2011 although I did start about 2 months after you did. Even though you had not posted for a while, I always remembered you because of your VL. When I first joined the forum I thought my VL was high at 14,400,000 and I was worried I would never clear the virus, but then you posted that your VL was over 69,000,000 and I no longer felt mine was that high. Even that gave me hope. I was so new then and I knew very little about Hep C and treatment. Well, all I can say is, this is fantastic.  I hope everyone on the forum reads about your success.
Blank
Such an inspiration to all of us who are pre and currently treating! Sometimes I am ready to bang my head against the wall and then i read these stories. Congrats!!!!!!

Jules
Blank
4652753_tn?1364585546
What a great story and as others have said it does indeed give those of us at the beginning motivation and courage to continue on.

Even at the beginning I have dreams of being on here 40 weeks from now with my story LoL

All the best to you!
Blank
Your story is a gift to those on the forum currently in tx, or who are contemplating tx.  So many people are afraid to treat, especially if they don't have a strong support system.  You are a testament that, yes, you can treat, and come out the other side so much stronger and better.  Fantastic job!
Blank
2136167_tn?1374732251
Great ,inspiring news from you.Congratulation on your success and great health!!Naya
Blank
789911_tn?1368640383
amen sister!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis Social Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity