Hepatitis Social Community
SVR!!

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

SVR!!

6 months post tx I finally reached SVR! I got a copy of the bloodtests drwn and everything is back to normal, no numbers out of range! I also have an hgb at 13,5!! I ca't imagine that just 6-7 months ago, I was having hgb down to 7-8...and was feeling so down and tired..and now; SVR! Great feeling!

After tx I felt started feeling well again after a couple of months. Things were busy with small kids to take care of, a husband who wanted me to take over the "job" after him taking care of me for so long during tx. I am now working two jobs again, busy with all the activity that comes with two kids (4 and 7 years old). I had a lot of guilt feeling through treatment, I was so moody, so aggressive, and no patience at all...and to finally be able to do things with them again felt great. Go out swimming on a Saturday, taking walks out in the woods, just being around and being present with people, felt great. I went to a nice trip to London with some very good old friends of mine.
And slowly I started forgetting about all the hell I went through with treatment. It fades away.

Now, the last couple of weeks, especially after christmas, I feel a bit loss of energy. Tired. Need more time in the morning, to feel awake and ready for all the tasks. Not so grumpy, but still a bit of loss of energy.

I think it mostly has to do with christmas and all that comes with it; stress, cooking dinners for the whole family, lots of gatherings, buing presents, and working hard to earn money to be able to give my kids a nice christmas...puh!

And that's what reminds me about treatment, that I have to take it slow, not expect to be 100% all the time. I'm not the most patient type..

I feel a great relief that I can put all this behind me now, that I actually don't have hcv anymore. I would like to give blood, give back what was given to me. But I can never give blood, unfortunatelly.
But I can try to encourage others that consider treating...and I will never prejudice anyone having hcv. I've lived under that cloud for so long, and no one deserves to be discriminated for having it.

Well, a lot of thoughts going throug my mind having these last results. I feel joy, I feel humble, I feel I've changed. Gotten a bit older. But it feels ok :)

Good luck, fellow worriers! And thank you so much, to all of you answering my posts, giving me so much information, helping me through this. I could not have done this without you! Those of you who remember my posts, will remember how scared I was, how anxious I was about the bloodtransfusions.

Thank you!
Bo, Wonderful, wonderful news and feel so happy for you.  I recall your struggles through trt, all those transfusions and so nice to see you made it with flying colors.  Hopefully as time goes on your energy will level off and things will all return to normal.  I have some low energy days also, but I have my doubts if it has anything to do with trt.  Enjoy your family and your Hep C free life!
very nice news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............way up in norway the days get pretty short around christmas time....this can make anyone tired....happens to many of us up north.....drink water!.....third week in feb we'll have nice sun with the crows,foxes, and the rest out there playing around in the snow....i have to wonder if the lakes in norway are freezing like they use to....lots of our big lakes still are not safe to go on....it can take some time to get over the drugs we took....i swear i'm still feeling more and more energy and thats more then a year post...i'm way better then the years before tx......my livers saying thank you to that nasty incivek!......billy
Congrats Bovary!  So nice to hear after all the struggles you went through.  Enjoy your Hep C free life

Jules
terrific news.....you did it....congratz
Cong. It has been 7 months for me being of the meds UND at 6 months.  It was hard and I did feel bad. I congratulate all those who manage to work during their treatment. Wow they are the strong ones.
Thanks for the up date and so glad you are healthy again.
I feel good but had  arthritus before the treatment still have it  but thankful the Hip C is no longer in my blood.
I hope others know and realize it will get better. dont give up.
My year will be up this June . God Bless
bbj
This is wonderful news. Congratulations! You had some real struggles to get through but you did it. Enjoy your new Hep C free new life.    : )
Congratulations! Enjoy your new life!
Excellent news!  You overcame so many obstacles to reach this point, you should be incredibly proud of yourself for this accomplishment.  Now off with you to go enjoy a good, long life.  
  Awesome news, you did it!!!   And yes, I am also glad the Christmas pressure is off of us :)
Bovary, I like how stormy says " now off with you to enjoy a good, long life". I say ditto to that. A big congratulations to you; you made it!!!!!!!
C
It all seems like a dream sometimes, doesn't it? You've accomplished the task! Woohoo! Karen:)
Congrats on SVR, Bovary. So happy for you!
Congratulations!   Wonderful news.  Happy SVR!
I am so happy for you.  It is normal to be tired after Christmas, it sounds like you jumped right back into doing an awful lot.
Two jobs?! WOW! I am impressed, plus two small children.  I get tired just thinking of it :)

Congratulations! It was a tuff tx and it is over, thank God!

Dee