Sign petition to put pressure on!
A petition was begun to encourage Gilead to do the right thing.  Please sign it:
http://www.change.org/petitions/gilead-sciences-a-phase-iii-collaboration-for-the-treatment-of-hepatitis-c

I have emailed this link to all my family and friends and posted it on FB.  Lets make ourselves heard!  Who knows...this might be the spark needed to start the fire!
Petition Update:  5264 have signed

Press release below in San Antonio Business Journal:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2012/07/26/dudley-family-planning-special.html

Warmest regards,
Margaret Dudley
HCV Sufferer & Advocate for The Cure

PS.  Heard that Gilead Sciences had applied for name for GS-7977 to be sofosbuvir - anyone else heard that?
Article came out today - didn't get to "preview" it...not perfect..but ANY publicity is better than NONE...right?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Sufferers-pin-hopes-on-faster-and-safer-drugs-3739324.php

Interesting article about Gilead Sciences

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-07-26/gilead-sciences-profit-slips-on-acquisition-costs

Have a great day and a happy World Hepatitis Day (tomorrow)

Warmest regards,
Margaret
Hi Margaret, thanks for all your hard work and support. Since I was just turned down by Gilead for a chance in their trial, I am going to invest in one of their competitors. The more competition the better for all of us. Have a great day.
Peggy156
Happy World Hepatitis Day

Tthe day the world hears about the "Shame of Gilead" at The Cove in San Antonio

http://www.change.org/petitions/gilead-sciences-please-collaborate-with-bristol-myers-for-the-cure-for-hepatitis-c-now

There is a CURE for Hepatitis C and Gilead Sciences HOLDS the KEY! And they WILL OPEN the DOOR....TODAY!
Had a great time at The Cove for World Hepatitis Day.  Will give you all the details when I 'recover"...lol.  Hope you all had a great day as well.

Petition update:  5557 have signed.

:Please keep urging everyone you meet to sign the petition at

The results are IN - 24 weeks AFTER End of Treatment!

Daclatasvir and GS-7977

By Sean R. Hosein

From Canadian AIDS Treatment Information Exchange

July 2012

Daclatasvir was the first oral HCV NS5A inhibitor to be developed. GS-7977 is a nuke with activity against NS5B. Both drugs have powerful anti-HCV activity when used separately. In study AI444-040, researchers in the U.S. studied different combinations of both drugs in a randomized clinical trial with HCV-positive people infected with the following genotypes:

•genotype 1a, 1b, 2, and 3
Researchers recruited participants and assigned them to the following six groups:

Group A

•15 participants with genotypes 1a and 1b: all received GS-7977 monotherapy for seven days after which daclatasvir was added; dual therapy continued for 23 weeks
Group B

•16 participants with genotypes 2 and 3: all received GS-7977 monotherapy for seven days after which daclatasvir 60 mg once daily was added; dual therapy continued for 23 weeks
AdvertisementGroup C

•14 participants with genotypes 1a and 1b: all received immediate dual therapy with daclatasvir and GS-7977, both for 24 weeks
Group D

•14 participants with genotypes 2 and 3: all received immediate dual therapy with daclatasvir and GS-7977, both for 24 weeks
Group E

•15 participants with genotypes 1a and 1b: all received triple therapy with daclatasvir, GS-7977 and ribavirin (dosed between 1,000 and 1,200 mg/day), all for 24 weeks
Group F

•14 participants with genotypes 2 and 3: all received triple therapy with daclatasvir, GS-7977 and ribavirin at 800 mg/day, all for 24 weeks
All participants were monitored for an additional 24 weeks once they stopped experimental therapy.

The average profile of participants upon entering the study was as follows:

•age -- 53 years
•50% men, 50% women
•HCV viral load -- 4 million IU/ml

Results
The decline in HCV levels was faster among participants who received combination therapy immediately rather than delaying combination therapy. Viral suppression was similar in groups C, D, E and F.

Adding ribavirin did not accelerate the decline of HCV viral load.

After four weeks of experimental therapy, 100% of genotype 1 participants had undetectable levels of HCV. The equivalent figure for genotype 2 and3 participants was 91%.

Two participants stopped returning to the study clinic for unknown reason(s). Their last blood samples at weeks 12 and 24 respectively were undetectable.

One participant had his HCV levels rise after first suppressing them.

Another participant (in group B) had his HCV levels rise but doctors enhanced his therapy with interferon + ribavirin and his viral load returned to suppressed levels.

Safety
No deaths occurred.

Two participants left the study because of adverse events: one case of stroke (group C) and one case of fibromyalgia (group F). Researchers considered both incidents to be unrelated to the study.

Serious adverse events occurred in 10 patients, but only three cases were judged to be related to the study medicines and all occurred when patients accidentally took extra doses of daclastavir or GS-7977.

Adverse events in the study that were not related to the experimental treatments were as follows:

•anxiety -- 2 participants
•fracture -- 1 participant
•lung pain -- 1 participant
•intestinal inflammation -- 1 participant
•kidney failure -- 1 participant
No cases of severely elevated liver enzymes occurred.

The most common laboratory abnormality was anemia and this occurred in participants who received ribavirin.

In summary, the all-oral regimen of two new drugs without ribavirin cured 100% of genotype 1 participants and at least 90% of genotype 2 and 3 participants.

These very promising findings require confirmation in a larger study.

Reference
Sulkowski M, Gardiner D, Lawitz E, et al. Potent viral suppression with the all oral combination of daclatasvir (NS5A inhibitor) and GS-7977 (nucleotide NS5B inhibitor), +/- ribavirin, in treatment-naive patients with chronic HCV genotype 1,2 or 3. In: Program and abstracts of the 47th annual meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver, 18-22 April 2012, Barcelona, Spain

"These very promising findings require confirmation in a larger study"...

This "larger study" is NOT going to happen UNLESS we take ACTION!!!

Post this everywhere!  We want this CURE NOW!

http://www.thebodypro.com/content/68441/daclatasvir-and-gs-7977.html

Petition update:  5703 have signed

Warmest regards (always),
Margaret
Wow !!! What impressive stats !
Well the results do sound very good, but this part makes me a little nervous.......... "Serious adverse events occurred in 10 patients, but only three cases were judged to be related to the study medicines and all occurred when patients accidentally took extra doses of daclastavir or GS-7977."

Now if my math is good there was only 88 people total? And though they say only 3 out of the 10 were judged to be caused by the meds that is still almost 4% of the people that had  SERIOUS adverse events... Thats a high number that one should not overlook........ Just my honest opinion
"...only THREE cases were judged to be related to the study medicines and ALL occurred when patients ACCIDENTALLY took EXTRA doses of daclatasvir or GS-7977".  

So if as you calculate...4% of the people had SERIOUS adverse events...do you not see it as ALL related to OVERDOSING of the trial drugs???????

Doesn't matter...I will take my chances and just NOT take more than prescribed AMOUNT when (not IF) I get my hands on these two drugs...GS-7977 + daclatasvir (without Ribavirin_!!

Petition update: 5797 people have signed for the CURE for Hepatitis C

Sign & share this petition if you want the chance at this life-saving drug combination!

No need to get upset as I said its just my opinion and yes 4% is alot to have serious effects, dosing or not. Besides a study of only 88 does not impress me.

As I also said the results sound very good, time will tell.
88 people? Thats it?
Just to save myself some time (sick of googling...lol) how many are usually in phase II trials?   There were just 88 in this trial, and I think we "know" a lot of them.  Do most phase II trials have hundreds, thousands, or what is the usual average amount?

And can-do-man...not upset...more like frustrated.  And neither was directed at you. My CAPS were more to emphasize my points.. and my questions... and I have always welcomed your opinions on any and all posts I make.

Petition update:  5876 have signed

I agree with can do, statistically small sample but if representative then 4% is 4%. I think I may have doubled up on riba twice  in 11 weeks.  I need to change my methodology and practice more diligent recording.
I want to see next test and improvements. This is good news and now some problems have been identified and can be addressed.  That is one reason they package the incivek in separate pia blister packs. That is why they preload syringes for peg..  All issues that can be addressed. This is a good thing.
Lets keep this going !
Petition update:  6078 have signed

If you have already signed, you can visit petition site for continued "updates & news links".  We welcome any and all suggestions any of you might offer to assist in this effort.

Our latest communications have been with the World Hepatitis Alliance, as well as Dr. Scott Friedman who is the Director of both the Fibrosis Research Center and the Mount Sinai Alcoholic Liver Disease Research Center.  We have also reached out to Dr. Nancy Reau, the Public Policy Chairman for the AASLD and are awaiting a response.

In the meanwhile, we encourage each of you to continue asking everyone you know to sign our petition.  There are over 170 million people with HCV and if they know about this effort, they and their families will support it.  Our job is to make sure they know about this.

Warmest regards,
Margaret
Everyone, there is a new Interferon-Free Drug combination that achieved 82% Viral Cure. Follow the link: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/244343.php/

Boehringer Ingelheim came out with the new drug combination BI 201335 and BI 207127.  Phase II Trials are over, and Phase III Trials are about to begin. Pray for the best!
Also, check this out as well: http://www.gilead.com/pr_1684792

"Gilead Announces Early Sustained Virologic Response Rates for GS-7977 Plus Ribavirin"
I actually took a day off yesterday (for a bit) to celebrate hubby's 65th birthday.  But am back today and still hard at work to pressure Gilead Sciences to move now with these trials.  The CDC final recommendations  that ALL "baby boomers" be tested for hepatitis C have created more interest in our efforts.  I urge you all to continue looking for ways to capture national attention on this urgent situation and please keep asking everyone you know to sign and share our petition.

Petition update:  6337 have signed

Warmest regards,

Margaret
It keep growing !

To everyone, if you haven't signed, please take the time to do so.

Petition Update:  6587 have signed

Met with doctor who participated in these trials and he said that all 88 people still remain UND!

Labor Day is an American federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September (September 3 in 2012) that celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers.  The holiday is often regarded as a day of rest and parties.  

However, this weekend I am asking each of you to  “labor” by getting five more signatures for our petition.  We currently have over 6500 signatures, but if each of you get five more that would put us over the 30,000 mark and we will be even closer to getting the cure for this disease.  Then perhaps next Labor Day we can celebrate our  victory over this disease with our family and friends.   And, oh what a celebration that will be!

I have placed the link to the petition below so that you can either forward this to five more people, or copy and paste it on your Facebook page.

I wish each of you a safe and happy Labor Day weekend and want you all to know that we will not stop until we have VICTORY!

Warmest regards,
Margaret

signed today! thanks for getting this out there, for  doing this for all of us!  Your awesome in your efforts!!   I will get at least 5 signatures this weekend!
Thank you for signing and for your commitment to get more people to sign as well.  It is the effort of people like you that will make this happen.

Warmest regards & heartfelt thanks!

Margaret
Wanted to post this for two reasons.  First to give you the new number on people who have signed our petition:  6870

And to "bump" this up so new people to the forum would see and have the opportunity to sign as well.  We cannot stop with our efforts until we are successful!  We need the life-saving drug combination of Daclatasvir/GS-7977 and we need it NOW!

Warmest regards,

Margaret

And congratulations to Lowbid!  SVR12 with GS-7977 + daclatasvir (and NO ribavirin OR interferon).  YAYYYY!!!!

Keep up the good work.
I will keep reminding friends and acquaintances to sign
Thanks Rivil!  We can't stop and I won't stop until we have this cure.

6941 have signed as of a few minutes ago.  See names from NZ, NC, KS, Fl, TX, NJ, CA.  So we are reaching people across the country and across the world!

Sign and share petition at link below:

Warmest regards,
Margaret Dudley

Been distibuting it since I first signed it back in May. Def will continue to keep it going.
Petition update:  7015 have signed!

We need the life-saving drug combination of sofosbuvir (formerly GS-7977) and daclatsvir (formerly BMS-790052) which cured 100% of genotype 1 and >91% of genotype 2/3 WITHOUT interferon OR ribavirin.

This is the cure we have all prayed for.  So please keep signing and sharing this petition....please!

I am with you on this. Thanks much for your tireless commitment.
This is still the 100% CURE we need (without ribavirin and/or interferon):

http://hepatitiscnewdrugs.blogspot.com/2012/09/challenges-remain-in-reaching-100-cure.html

Keep reaching out to any and all sources regarding this URGENT matter.  

I am tired just like most of you because of this disease but we cannot stop (no matter how tired, or how sick we feel) until Gilead Sciences and Bristol-Myers put "patients" FIRST.  This is no different than if they had the cure for cancer, the world would be outraged!  And the world will be outraged by this as well.  

Petition update:  7025 have signed.  We urge each of you who have signed to find ONE more person to sign right NOW.  There are over 170 million of us and we must act now!

GS-7977 (sofosbuvir) + BMS-790052 (daclatasvir) = CURE for HCV (without ribavirin OR interferon).  And we want this life-saving combination and we want it NOW!
New Updates Guys!!!!

1) "Gilead Announces Early Sustained Virologic Response Rates for GS-7977 Plus Ribavirin"
http://www.gilead.com/pr_1684792

And this as well:
2) Boehringer Ingelheim came out with the new drug combination BI 201335 and BI 207127. Phase II Trials are over, and Phase III Trials are about to begin. Pray for the best!

"The outcome demonstrated that 68% of all participants, including those with the most difficult to treat HCV type genotype-1a non-CC, achieved a viral cure after 28 weeks of treatment. Most significantly, 82% of patients with the most common HCV types in Europe and Asia, i.e. genotypes-1a CC and -1b also achieved a viral cure after 28 weeks of therapy."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/244343.php/
Drug Companies Holding back Hepatitis C Cure?

http://www.laprensasa.com/1644_front-page-news/1754529_companies-may-be-holding-back-hcv-cure.html

Petition update:  7127 have signed
Wow Thanks for posting that. Making news all over, well done.
Newbies, we need you to sign the petition ! Don't forget everyone, tell your family and friends.
Petition update:  7315 have signed

We have a new website and there is also a link to the petition there.  There is more information about these trials and links to news stories that have been published about this urgent and serious matter.

www.hepc-cured.org

Please keep asking every single person you know to sign this petition, because that is how we are going to win and get this CURE for HCV NOW!

How great of you to be so persistent Margret!!
MeWithC - Have no other choice.  This is THE CURE without ribavirin and interferon that we have all prayed for!  We cannot just let Gilead Sciences walk away from this.  We have launched a website at www.HepC-Cured.org in hopes of creating greater awareness about this urgent situation.  There is a direct link to the petition on the site.  Please keep telling everyone you know and even people you don't know about this.  This is our only chance.

Petition update:  7420 have signed

Petition Link:

If the current treatments are making BIG pharma rich, Why would they change?, Healthcare for profit!, Especially in America!
I agree...Margaret, you are amazing!
Katla...I am more desperate and determined than anything else (but thank you!)

Petition update: 7586 have signed

Urge all of you to sign it and share it....and share it...until we convince Gilead Sciences to move forward with this collaboration!

Hi all

Petition update:  7943 have signed and we are anxiously awaiting 12-week treatment trial results at AASLD on November 12th with 7977/daclatasvir.  We are still determined to get this cure WITHOUT ribavirin!

'Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.’
-Ryunosuke Satoro

If you haven't signed the petition, please do.  This is the most successful treatment in the history of HCV without interferon or ribavirin!

Warmest regards,
Margaret

www.HepC-Cured.org (has a link to petition)
Hi, Margaret. I hope the petition has some effect and that this new cure is allowed to proceed with trials and to approval.

However, this would not be the first time that a better treatment was suppressed. There was even a vaccine that was having successful trials a few years ago and was then never heard of again. Wall Street comes before lives.

As for the FDA and CDC, those people are in the same revolving door as everyone else in government. If they finance or approve medicines that cause big pharma to lose money, they won't get those lucrative board seats when they leave their jobs in Washington. Which way are they going to vote?

When you consider that interferon and ribavirin were not developed for hepatitis but rather were already lying around as HIV rejects, and that the current hep C epidemic has been caused by the medical profession through untested blood transfusion and blood fraction products together with their long-term refusal to provide intravenous drug users with disposable syringes, you know that the whole health system is corrupt to the core.

As with HIV, there will probably never be a good cure for HCV. If there were, the epidemic would go away. Where's the profit in that?

Mike
I would say that for HIV or HCV whichever company comes out with a cure first, will rack up.  Every other company's sale of HCV or HIV drugs will go to zero.  Use logic instead of cynicism.
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-11-13/analysts-tout-advantage-of-gilead-hepatitis-c-drug

"Over the weekend Gilead presented results from its combination of sofosbuvir and daclatasvir that cured between 98 and 100 percent of patients within 12 weeks."

Sign petition "pleading" with Gilead Sciences to collaborate with Bristol-Myers.  Sofosbuvir combined with daclatasvir effective in genotype 1, 2 and 3...  and no ribavirin!

Petition update:  8212 have signed

www.HepC-Cured.org has a direct link to the petition

Petition Update:  8543 people have signed petition to Gilead Sciences asking, imploring, pleading, demanding they move forward with this ribavirin-free drug combination of sofosbuvir/daclatasvir.

If you have not signed, please do so now...TODAY!

http://www.change.org/petitions/gilead-sciences-stop-withholding-this-cure-for-hepatitis-c

We must become united in this effort if we are to be successful!

Just wondering how this was coming along♫
Signed it....now at 11,290
signed it
when i had gyno LAP done last week,RN said hcv is becoming the worst epidemic to hit the world w/ more and more ppl. getting diagnosed everyday.
I did my 6 mon. followup bloodwork to see if I still have HCV,and I noticed in the waiting room a new HCV poster and for people to get tested.This is a good sign.People waiting to see the dr. can't help but notice this.
Over 11,300 have signed the petition.  Please visit our site and add your name to our subscriber letter then mark your calendars for February 19th and watch for latest new campaign.

www.HepC-Cured.org