Hepatitis Social Community
Stress is the worst!

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Stress is the worst!

Stress has decided to come my way while on treatment.  Murphy's law, right? I'm trying to let it down but very difficult.  Reading these words below help, now I have to get routine to unwind when I get home and let it down!
------------------------------------
A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."

It’s important to remember to let go of your stresses. As early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down!
I really like that! Thanks for the reminder.
  Ah, purplecat, I'm sorry to hear you are having to deal with stress, during your Treatment.  I also really tried to keep my stress down, during mine, but I had it easy, because I only had to work part-time.
   I really did try to pamper myself, while I was treating, since nobody else seemed to be stepping up to the plate, with any TLC. I made sure to eat all my favorite foods, and I would take my little dog for a little walk. My cat and dog seemed to sense what I was going thru, they seemed to be the only ones, besides the peeps onhere, and in my Hep C Support Group. My cat would be on one side of me, and my dog on the other, the day after my Interferon shot. They had never seen me in bed, during the day-time, and they took the opportunity to cuddle~
Dee1956 commented on dointime's status
dointime SVR July 2016 Comment
Dee1956 commented on VICourageous's status
Track your weight over time