Hepatitis Social Community
Toast the virtual Corona
About This Community:

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Toast the virtual Corona

The post I have been hoping to post for years------------------------ **** SVR **** ____________________

It has been a long time coming.  I felt confident at 3 months post, but this is the one I have been waiting for. Now it was all worth it.  The long hard 48  weeks was worth every bit of it.  All those pills.  All those shots.  All that anemia -- gone.  the rest of my labs looked good too.

HGB -- 13.2  after almost a year of 9+
ANC - 1.9 - still on the low side, but I can live with it
Platelets - 276
AST - 18
ALT - 13
TSH - 1.82, after a high of 5.2 after treatment.

During treatment I got the Hep A and Hep B vaccinnations and the Hep B Core Ab was Positive Abnormal and the Hep A Ab was also Positive Abnormal.  I need to check these out.  I don't know if it means the vacinnations didn't work or what.

Meanwhile life goes on.  I am still posting to the chart and get to add another SVR (keep them coming).  Victrelis did the job for me.  My Corona's will always be virtual since I still have early cirrhosis. I must stay vigilent as others here who clear but still have cirrhosis to deal with.  My heppo said I would delay, slow down the progression, but the progression will still continue. I get my ultrasound next week.  The disease is still there and I know that. At least for me my cirrhosis is compensated and I hope it will stay that way.  My heart hurts when I read Karen (Crossroad)'s thread and others who have treated with cirrhosis.

My best to all

frjole - bean - kathy
35 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
419309_tn?1326506891
Through the first happy tears I've had in a year, I wanted to be the first to say congratulations...!!!  Thank you, Kathy, for a truly joyous moment.
Feeling celebratory for the first time in a long time.  :)
~eureka
Blank
1669790_tn?1333666195
Wooohooooo!!!!  Fantastic news Bean.  This is such good news.  You've worked so hard for this.  So happy for you :)))

And Eureka!!!!   Wow.  Such a nice surprise to see you.  We miss you.  Hope you are doing well.  Cheers.
Blank
1652596_tn?1342015226
bean, i'm so happy for you.  you have been an inspiration for me and many others.  have a happy hep c free future.  keep us posted on your health.
best wishes.  belle
Blank
1652596_tn?1342015226
bean...i am SVR as of november 2012.  i didn't see that on your charts.  belle
Blank
446474_tn?1385271190
At last...SVR.....Fanfreakentastic!!!

凸 (^_^)  凸

I am so happy for you Kathy!

Love your blood numbers.
Let's hope your liver can heal itself in time. Be good to your liver and be sure to monitor it. Also remember if a person is cirrhotic they have a higher chance of HCC. But curing your hep with lessen the chances and being a woman is also a factor in your favor. Yes!

You have been a great fighter and an inspiration to many. I am in touch with  Crossroads and if you like you can send you a private message and I will give you my transplant website and contact info so you can follow my transplant and recovery. I am hoping to be transplanted in the next few weeks.

HAV and HBV vaccines sometimes need to be done again in cirrhotics as the seroconversion process can be impaired. I'm sure your doc know this.

YOU'VE BEEN HIT BY THE
|^^^^^^^^^^^^|
|BEAUTIFUL truck | ‘|”””;.., ___.
|_…_…______===|= _|__|…, ] |
“(@ )’(@ )””””*|(@ )(@ )*****(@

Hector
Blank
1747881_tn?1358189534
Congrats bean, I wish you all the best :)
Blank
766573_tn?1365170066
Wow this is amazing news and I am really happy for you. Add a virtual shot of tequila to that Corona and I am right there with you!!
Blank
Wow, frijole, such excellent news! I am so happy for you! Eureka, we're glad to see you!
Advocate1955
Blank
1815939_tn?1377995399
Fantastic news, Frijole. Congratulations! I am so very happy for you.
Blank
2114467_tn?1358213856
Bean, I gasped with delight!! I knew this post was coming. I'm so happy for you.
Much love, from northern california,
C
Blank
3093770_tn?1389742726
I am so happy for you Kathy!

This is fantastic, amazing news, congratulations :))
Blank
We've been on a long trip bean, seen alot of things on our journey. Congrats and thanks for the ride, it has been worth it........

Zach
Blank
148588_tn?1396462308
Congrats bean. Nicely done :-)
Many years of health and happiness to look forward to.
Blank
190885_tn?1333029491
wow!    i almost cried in my coffee!...this is so cool kathy!....good for you!.....billy
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
Great stuff.  Just took a little longer.....One thing that I've found is true that there's a percentage of time and mental capacity that gets dedicated to HCV.  Over time you'll be abble to replace that with much more enjoyabe and productive thoughts.
Blank
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
This is truly wonderful!!
I toast my Mocha to you!

Many hugs
Elaine
Blank
Darn ,! you beat me again;)
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
Sometimes I'm slow.  Sometimes I'm fast.  Most of the time I'm half-fast.
Blank
Ha Ha!!! Ha!
Blank
2111792_tn?1342708227
This is wonderful news!!!  I'm so happy for you!
Blank
223152_tn?1346981971
I am overwhelmed to tears here.  I know I haven't been on much lately but you are all big in my heart.  FLguy and and can do and elaine and eureka and desrt- we have been in this for a long time. Elaine and Eureka - you hold a very special place in my heart.

Happy and billy and diane and swimmer and flcyclist and belle and pooh and advocate and horspwr and idyllic and everyone else treating with me. If it weren't for this website and all of you I don't know how I would have done it. triple is not for the faint of heart and your stories are my stories.

belle - I have updated the chart on my computer but don't have it posted to my pictures yet.  I definitely have your lovely SVR on it!!!

hrsepwr - I am still waiting for you to show up in Texas for a face-to-face

desrt - who lives in one of my favorite parts of texas, maybe we will meet someday.  

idyllic - another texan - no way - even a virtual shot of tequila will wipe me out.  give me the virtual corona and lime and I am one happy duck

Labcorp has really been screwing up lately in case any of you have been trying to get your results online.  I waited a whole week for these results and my doctor hadn't received them either and I finally went down to Labcorp and they ran me a copy. Then I realized why.   They showed my GI from my first treatment in 2005/6 as the doctor and had sent the results to him  instead of to my treating doctor (who was on the orders).  When I called and spoke with the MA at my doctor she said that was the fourth one today for which that had happened.  She said LabCorp just pulls up your information and sends the results to the first doctor on the list.  How unprofessional is that?
Blank
   Yeahhhhhh!   I'm so happy for you.  That boce/victr  is good stuff!  I know it wasn't easy but you did it!   I hope you celebrate your news....  Do something unexpected!   Love you,   Libby
Blank
I'm so happy for you.  It's been a long road.
dointime
Blank
3242988_tn?1359310116
Congratulations on your SVR!
Blank
179856_tn?1333550962
My Girl was there EVER any doubt this time oh hells NO :)

I am so happy for you what a long long road it's been since I met you in 2005 - but you are finally here and that is what matters.  YAY I'm freaking out a bit I'm so happy right now.

All of my love and best wishes to you always, Deb
Blank
What a wonderful post to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dearest Kathy, you have battled so hard and you truly deserve this fantastic news. I'm absolutely thrilled for you.

Stay well,
Michael
Blank
2029713_tn?1373044704
Congratulations!!!
Blank
3230925_tn?1397619565
CONGRATS!
Blank
It's been a long time coming......

Here's a toast to the next chapter.

Best wishes and good health.

willy
Blank
Wahoo!   Wonderful news to start my day.  Congratulations!
Blank
317787_tn?1373214989
Dear Kathy so happy to hear your fantastic news and to see Eureka post makes it doubly nice.

This is wonderful news!  I am so thrilled to hear you are SVR.  AS Deb said, what a long road  it has been

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WOO HOO!!!!
Blank
Aha, I knew you would do it this time! :D  Never say never, I am seeing a healthy and thriving liver for you, in the future, as I gaze into my virtual crystal ball~
  I will toast you, with my cucumber, pine-apple, ginger juice~*clink
Blank
Ah,bean,,,I just saw this now !!
A hearty congrats to you .Enjoy this to the utmost and stay well!!

Will
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
Hurray bean, you did it !!!! I'm so happy for both of us :)
Blank
2004810_tn?1365157211
Congratulations!! - and thank you so much for following us all up with your list. Was encouraging for me to watch all the svr's in front of me :)
Thank you
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis Social Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank