Hepatitis Social Community
Took 12 weeks post tx tests today...and now waiting..

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Hi all!
I went to have lab tests 12 weeks post tx today. And now I'm waiting for the results (about a week til I get them, I suppose). I haven't thought so much about it after treatment as I thought I would. My preoccupation while on treatment and all the energy that I put through it, has made me just want to escape from the whole thing. Not offer it a thought. I've been busy living, taking care of those that took so well care of me while I was on tx. But now, after I took those bloodtests today, it starts to become real again...what I'm waiting for is actually very serious and reminds me of all the pain I wnet through..it's still amazing to think of, that we can be able to do this...with all the tough side effects that many of us have. Not to discourrage anyone, but this was the hardest thing I've put myself through. It has changed me as a person, I think. For the better, I hope. I'm more serious, don't laugh that much, not meaning that I'm down or depressed, just more "mature"..when that is said, I really feel great again, physically. No more tired, have a lot of energy. No more fever and pain. Just active and able to do all the things I want to. A great relief and a huge freedom. Something I didn't even know to appeciate before. That was a good lesson that changed me for the better.

I will keep you updated with the results. And I really wish all of you good luck. You are all in my heart. Ment all to me while I was on tx. And still do.

Hugs
good luck bovary!!   keep us posted
Congrats Bovary great to hear.  I am sure you will do fine :)~
Hey Bo, nice to hear from you.  I felt exactly the way you described your feelings.  Busy living life after eot, then the reality strikes after the blood test is submitted, knowing those important results will soon arrive.  Try to keep yourself busy, focus on other things.  Once this is behind you with the good results, it will be a huge relief.  The smiles and the laughter will come back and life will be less serious.  We focus so much during tx to just get through it - it sort of polarizes our feelings and emotions.  Life will return to normal, except you'll be smiling much more knowing you're Hep free.  I'll be thinking of you next week and look forward to your UND post.  Good luck.
Positive vibrations seen leaving Northern California and headed your way. Glad to hear that you are busy, doing life. Tx. does bring on a new perspective.
Cheers,
C
Tx changes us all!!!
I think I felt exactly like you when I was waiting for my12 week results.
Now I am on week 29 and still undetected.
Try not to think about it too much. I think everything will be just fine.

My situation was complicated even before starting tx and I'm moving on.
You will too.

Sending you a big hug...
Reva

I was always good until the day My results were due to arrive.  Then I would get somewhat nervous.  One thing that helped was knowing I wouldnt have to do the interferon again most likely if treatment didnt work this time.  New treatments right around the corner!  Keep the faith!
I am very proud of you.

I can well believe treatment changed you as a person. I never met anyone who had a low Hgb for as long as you did almost the entire time. You have been around the forum long enough to see that we are not expected to function for extended periods of time at Hgb levels in the low 8 and upper 7s. You have proven we can. You have children and many other responsibilities. I do not know if I could have hung in there as long as you did.

I feel inspired every time I think of you.

You had to really want to slay this dragon.
I wish you good hings and congratulate you on a HCV-free life.
Sending good thoughts your way.