Hepatitis Social Community
What tx # was the worst for you, mine so far is 4

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Just thought some would to share their worst tx time. Mine so far has been the 4th. Been going thr, fatigue, diareah, cramps, nausea, irritability(I chalk it up to the sx) and a throughty cough that doesn't help my nausea.
Taking phenegran, Tussin Dm, Tylenol and throat lozenges. Oh yea aching like crazy in my knees, hips, ankles and feet.
Still smiling thoug. I get my next labwork next Thursday, woohoo.
Peach, Health and Spiritual Wealth
No worse tx time for me, i loved every durn week of it. As for them sxs you think our do to tx... I don't know, sounds like my wife once a month:)
Serious though hope things get better for ya. Wishing you the best guy.

cando
no worst tx time week for me. It started at week 7 bad and was bad till week 30.
Now just not severe.

Wish you well.
My husbands worst week was the first time he treated.  I was thinking, the poor thing I hope it isn't like this all the time, I felt so bad because he became so ill.  the nausea was unbearable for him.  I'm happy to report since then it isn't as bad.  He just took his 9th shot last Friday.  G
I'll let you know tomorrow-I do #4 around 11am.

Definately had a bout of the GI sx this weekend though.  Chicken noodle soup and pretzels only for me!

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Isobella
It is all hitting this tx for some reason, insomnia, diarhea (diarrhea), hot and itchy, short of breath, and irritable. Aches and pains are a given. I did notice that when I talked with my Soulmate from another state it helped, I guess it got me out of my self.
Peace and Health
Have you had your cbcs checked lately, bone ache is usually caused by low WBCs, I can tell when mine are crashing, I have major bone ache.   Neupogen maybe needed.

Way to go!  Keep fighting!
Deb
Thanks my latest CBC shows that my RDW 14.3 is high and my Platelet Count 145 is low.
would this have any effect on causing my aches?

Keep Fighting....... yes I am gratefu to even be at work today. I called my Hep contact and left a message, apologizing for being such a baby wimp so early in my treatments.
Yep,  all BCs are made in the large bones,  when they are low they have to work harder , which is what causes body ache.

Check your hemo numbers for reds and absolute neutrophils for whites.  

Your not being a baby wimp! lol, this stuff is poison and hard on your body.

But it is doable,   all these aches and body changes are new to you, I ma not saying you get used to them ever, but you can learn to deal with them. Till you finish, nothing will make you feel your normal self again,  But you learn to deal with your new kind of normal.

Deb
I know I have to learn to live with some of these sx but the tylenol and ibuprofren doesn;'t touch it and it is interfering with my work and my god, they just turned up the air conditiong, woohoo, now chills. Do you know if Alieve or any other over the counter meds are more helpful.

My indian name, He who walks like old man:=D
How are your red blood counts (you mentioned being breathless, that can be anemia)?  For me week 7 was really bad., I collapsed at home when my hgb tanked and Ray had to call 911.  I wound up admitted to hospital for transfusion.  Procrit helped a lot once it finally took effect.

Funny thing for me, before tx I would be very sitff in my ankle and hip joints first thing in the morning but during tx that went away.  I finished tx 2 weeks ago and the stiffness is back!

Hope you hold up well.  This tx is brutal but I got through it and so can you.  SVR will make it all worthwhile!  Hang in there.

jd
Ditto here jd,

Headshop,  Italian word for Deb, old Nona who is thinking about getting a cane!  If it doesn't help me walk, it will be handy to bop people over the head when I have riba rage! Kidding!

For me the worst came week #4
I became anemic and couldn't walk
My white blood cell count fell to the
floor. I ended up getting a transfusion
6 bags,( where did my blood go to?)
anyway, from the hospital back to the tx
you'll  get through it,
This stuff really helps
mitchw

I do shot 7 tomorrow... no really bad sides yet.... just fatigue and lack of motivation.. some sadness. Still adjusting to the whole %$^ thing... but doing ok
1 through 48.

geterdone
Ok-my #4 hasn't been any worse so far.

My indian name:  She who lives on chicken and rice.

Hope you're doing better.

Izzy

Headshop......being such a baby wimp so early in my treatments....

Don't go there!!! :)  Wimp does not apply in this tx. I've said often, I thought I was tough.......during tx...that went out with the reds! This stuff is HARD and I've seen bad a*s men crumble (thinking their wimps too.) I went 'down' week 4ish and never went back up much at all. Stopped work, vegged into my home, got thru this. Stopped driving thru it also (per the big dent in my bumper!)  I also had terrible muscle/body pain thru out it, did need meds for it many days. I will say I think a big part of tx is ......when/if it hits hard, at first it's like 'OH NO! This is what they were talking about!" Than you adjust into it, get used to it and how it will be for you. Don't ignore ANYTHING serious in this, that your worried about.

You hang in there, you'll have some 'good days' thru this, LL

Geterdone.....1 through 48.....
LMAO! Well put! :)

I have asked for a year..."WHAT causes this pain?" ...only to never get a direct answer!  
I still have bad (not as bad as on tx) body pain near 6mths. post, I can't quite determine if it's bone ache causing muscle inflammation or just the muscles.  Did your doc explain it that way?

LL
Update:  #4 is the one that wakes me up at 4am.  

Coincidence??  Then maybe I'll get to sleep in once I get to #10??
......Then maybe I'll get to sleep in once I get to #10?? ...........

chuckle.....only if you stop the Riba now :)

(kidding any newbies here!!)

LL
Besides the regular sides. the worst was week 20.  The ulcerated mouth.. That was so painful..I had ulcer and sores all over my mouth and throat and the sides of my lips.  I couldnt not eat anything...They were going to stop TX (but they always want to stop).  i was out of work for a week, i still have pop up sores and the cuts on the sides of my lips...(Very attractive) but that was the worse so far.....................

Geterdone ~ gotta love that!  its the truth