Hepatitis Social Community
Where to get help for hepatitis c?

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Where to get help for hepatitis c?

i've had hepatitis c for about 15 years, and during that time i got checked once to see how my liver was doing and it was fine, but now i actually want to start a treatment and i really dont know where to go or what to do . i live in Orange County costa mesa. if someone knows anything i would really appreciate it.
i will getr back to you in a bit i have something to do be back tonight w details ok
There are medical centers in Los Angeles that have many good hepatologists on staff.  Treating at a large medical center offers you the chance to get the most advanced treatment.

I am sure you will be in good hands.

Eric
What Eric said and here! Stay here thru your questions and tx, Dr.s see you, 'discuss; with you, inform you to a point, give the meds and than you'll still have a hundred questions! Here you'll get support, answers to sides of tx, advice (always with 'check with your Dr in mind), help understanding labs, lingo, viral load, Geno type and much more. There is a lot of minds here, a LOT of expierience-from feeling and being where your at, a lot of knowledge, from all over the world. I think everyone here will tell you this site helped them thru it ALL, and continues to for those starting out in this, treating and post tx.

Teaching Hospitals are the best, newest tx's, trials, often assistance if no insurance, etc.
Anyhow...what Eric said and welcome here :)
LL
Hi Im back , I know that you should find out what genotype you have first and also have a biopsy talk to a good hepatologist and see what treatment he / she reccomends, good luck get back to me , be well   bc21