Hepatitis Social Community
Where to get help for hepatitis c?
About This Community:

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Where to get help for hepatitis c?

i've had hepatitis c for about 15 years, and during that time i got checked once to see how my liver was doing and it was fine, but now i actually want to start a treatment and i really dont know where to go or what to do . i live in Orange County costa mesa. if someone knows anything i would really appreciate it.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i will getr back to you in a bit i have something to do be back tonight w details ok
Blank
220090_tn?1379170787
There are medical centers in Los Angeles that have many good hepatologists on staff.  Treating at a large medical center offers you the chance to get the most advanced treatment.

I am sure you will be in good hands.

Eric
Blank
250084_tn?1303311035
What Eric said and here! Stay here thru your questions and tx, Dr.s see you, 'discuss; with you, inform you to a point, give the meds and than you'll still have a hundred questions! Here you'll get support, answers to sides of tx, advice (always with 'check with your Dr in mind), help understanding labs, lingo, viral load, Geno type and much more. There is a lot of minds here, a LOT of expierience-from feeling and being where your at, a lot of knowledge, from all over the world. I think everyone here will tell you this site helped them thru it ALL, and continues to for those starting out in this, treating and post tx.

Teaching Hospitals are the best, newest tx's, trials, often assistance if no insurance, etc.
Anyhow...what Eric said and welcome here :)
LL
Blank
Hi Im back , I know that you should find out what genotype you have first and also have a biopsy talk to a good hepatologist and see what treatment he / she reccomends, good luck get back to me , be well   bc21
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis Social Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...