Yahoo! 24 wks of tx finished!
I took my last shot of Interferon last nite!  Whoo! Hoo!  Finally done...I can't believe it ~  all of this is behind me now and I have everyday that I'm UND to look forward to!  I want to thank all of my friends on this great forum ~ I wouldn't have made it thru 24 weeks of tx if not for the encouraging words and help form my friends on this forum and my wonderful/understanding 16 year old son!
As many of you know the last few months have been unbearable for me and everyday a struggle to make it thru the day only to look forward to the next day's meds!  I made it to the end....and hopefully SVR forever!  I will take my VL test on tuesday and should know by next wk if I'm still UND.  Was UND at wk four and wk sixteen....so chances are I'm still UND....I hope...I hope!  Lol
I wish you all the best in your battle with the dragon!  SVR wishes to you all!

darla
Thats wonderful - congratulations! Wish i could of made it that long but am glad I at least got 13 weeks in before they cut me off. I test in a few weeks - was UND when last checked at 12 weeks.

Let me know how you feel - so far my first week after tx has been worse then any of them but I have autoimmine syndrom. The good news is food is starting to taste better and my mind is starting o recover a bit.

Let me know how you are.

Take Care,

mc
Thanks for the congrats!  I'm soooooo relieved I'm done....can't wait to start feeling like a human being again (not a zombie).  Lol

I'm sorry you had such a terrible time with the sx and couldn't make it thru tx.  It's a rough ride ~ and with your other condition it must have been unbearable for you!  Being UND at 12 wks is great....I hope and pray that your test comes back UND!

How long have you been off tx? I think I read somewhere you stopped on the 4th.  I hope everyday off the meds is a better day for you....I'm looking forward to getting my taste for food back too!

I'll keep in touch and please let me know how you're doing!

best wishes.....darla
Congratulation to have escaped from hell.
I did my first tx 24weeks and it took 3weeks for my mind to get back to normal what a relief.
Then it took me 3-4 months to get well from severe knee, joint and lowerback pain, but it was easier to handle once the brain functioned.

You gonna make it take care
And may the good God bless and protect you and your son.

ca
So great to dear. Finished!!!! Wish you the best.
Congrats~~~~~~~~

Charm
Congrats on finishing your shots!! Hopefully you will
start feeling better slowly but surely.
BUT....
I thought 24 weekers had to take one more week of ribavirin just
like us 48 weekers after last shot and then get bloodwork done.

Is this not true?  I know I have 2 shots left to do (2 weeks) and 3 weeks left of
my riba before my EOT bloodwork per my Dr.

Could someone explain if there is a different between EOT re:Riba...
enigma
Congratulations!!!!  It was a bear of a road, but you made it!!  How you managed your tough job, raising and teaching your son by yourself while going through a very hard tx is a complete mystery to me!  Thank goodness, it's over!!!!

On the days when I felt utterly miserable during my tx, it was always so nice to see "Inbox(1)" :-)  I knew it was from you!  Unfortunately, you were barely hanging in there yourself... but just hearing from you was always so comforting...

Now on with recovering from the meds, getting back to good health, then enjoying a life of SVR!  You will always test UND, no question in my mind!!

My best to you!!

Your tx pal, pK

(PS  Xenigma asked about your riba... You're done with it, right?  And the shot you took on Friday was leftover from when your whites were too low and you skipped injection that week?)

Way to go!

For what it’s worth, my previous post treatment experience was very positive; I felt markedly better within a week of my last ribavirin, and near 100% at three weeks. Your mileage may vary, but I thought I’d share that with you.

Please let us know how things go heading forward, and remember that life is good!

Bill
comeagain.....thank you for your kind words!  I'm guessing it will take me sometime to recoup from tx as well!  I'm guessing you're geno 2 if you txed for 24 wks.  How are you feeling these days?  I hope each day is a better one for you!

Charm......thanks for the well wishes!  How are you holding up.....it must be scorching in FL.  It's been so humid here in CA the past few days...I feel like I'm in FL!  
best wishes to you!

Xenigma.....although I will be taking my riba for a few more days, I feel that my last shot (#24) to be a landmark to the end of my tx.  Sorry to confuse you about EOT relating to riba. pK is right I had to skip one interferon shot about halfway thru tx due to low anc/wbc.  so I've taken my 24 weeks of riba already but have some left over so I'll take it for a few more days to work with my last shot!
take care!

Elaine.....thanks for the congrats!  How's Nick doing?  I haven't been on the forum much lately due to sx so I'm not up to date on what's been going on.  I hope all is well!
hugs to you and your family!

pK..my pal!  It's been a rough road and I'm glad its over....I see smoothing sailing ahead for both of us!  I don't know how the heck I did it all either!  I guess I'm to stubborn to let the meds get the best of me and my life!  Lol  
Thanks for being there for me and rooting me on...Your notes and messages meant a lot to me at a time when I didn't think I could make it thru another day of tx!  I always felt so much better after hearing from you! Please keep in touch!

SVR wishes and prayers to you all!
darla

That's fantastic - you must be so thrilled!  Are you gonna finish out the week with Riba?  I'm wondering what to do, I have 3 shots to go and would love to knock off the Riba on shot day, too.  Would love to have your input on that.

Just thing, in 6 months we'll be celebrating your SVR.  Well done!!!

jd
Bill...Only a few more days of riba and tx left for us!  Yes life is good and with SVR under our belts and tx in the past it couldn't be any better!  I'm so looking forward to feeling better...I wish you the best and congrats to you on finishing your long journey!

jd....Yes I am very thrilled!  I will be taking my riba until thursday to work with the last shot I took on friday.  I seem to have confused a few with my post stating I'm done...I'm finished with the interferon but not the riba...although I did take 24 wks of riba (I had to skip one shot due to low anc) I have some left over because the first 2 weeks of tx my doc gave me samples until the insurance co would ok 800mg/day....they only wanted to ok 400/day. So my advice to you would be to take your last wk of riba with your last shot since they work together!  
Looking forward to hearing of your SVR in 6 months!
way to go you're almost there!  Best of luck to you!
Congrats :)
Darla,

Congrats!!!!  Hoping to hear SVR in six months!  Best of luck!!!

peace
rita
Whoo hoo!!!!! What a ride, huh? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed (and legs too, -been at the computer too long!) your 6 month and 1 year SVR anniversaries are to be a celebration as well! don't be a stranger!!! (I'm on JD's coattails...Only 4 weeks left for me!!!)                                                                         ~Melinda
rita.....thanks, I'm hoping to here of your SVR soon also!
best of luck to ya!

andromedia....good luck with your fight!

medic...You aren't kidding about the ride!  I'm ready to get off! You're almost done too....the last couple wks went fast for me!  See ya at the SVR party. Thanks for the crossed fingers and legs.  Lol
take care...darla
Great!! Dam, tho it wasn't fast for you, it sure seems like that was fast! (Of course, my own 24 weeks seemed like forever also!) So glad your done, it's over! You'll get SVR, you hung thru it all, same dose's, etc. You and Mikkimoe and others keep my tx of 90mg Peg, 600 Riba from week 15 on in mind and I'm 12 wks. und.(plus reduction at week 6 too) You girls did good.

Any post tx problems please feel free to PM me. I have lots of input there. I hope you heal up fast and don't need to tho :)

Congrats Darla, you done it :)

LL
YAY TKO Darla the destroyer!   I know how happy you must feel!  You are one superchick! :>)!

keep me updated and keep in touch!   super hugs!
Deb
Lady Larui.....What a nitemare this tx is!  I'm afraid to go to sleep anymore for fear the nitemare will return!  Lol  I'm so happy you're UND even thru reduced tx!  I guess my chances are great going the full till!  I will know sometime next wk if I'm still und. How are you feeling post tx?  If I have any problems I'll give ya a pm.  thanks for your support!

best wishes to you....I wish I lived in FL so I could make it to your lunch!  Have a good one!  
darla

I won this round....I put some extra nuts and bolts in my boxing gloves!  Yay...I did it although it wasn't easy I'm glad I made it to the end!  Thank you for all your kind words and support!  I'm looking forward to feeling better soon.  How are you doing.....when will you be finished?  I hope it goes smooth and easy for you.

take care....darla the destroyer!
I'm glad you're finished with the treatment and you finally killed all the damn virus.  I hope you start to feel better!  Lol...Darla the destroyer...
I think the same about you! You have gotten me through some bad days!

I think I am hoping December for me, they talked about 72 weeks for me, but I went UND at 12, so hoping I can stop at 52 weeks,   Though I would go 72 weeks, if it meant SVRing for all time!  

Deb  lol i brain fogged my fighter name!
Sorry, I stole your boxing name so I'm the brain fogged one!   I'm darla the damager and you're Deb the destroyer!  I hope you don't have to go the 72 wks....und at 12 weeks is great for anyone,  being geno1 and und at 12 wks is awesome!  Wish you all the luck....heck I'll even let you borrow my lucky four leaf clover!  Lol

talk to ya later!
darla
you're both a couple of dragon-slayers!
IM RIGHT BEHIND YOU 18 WEEKS DONE 6 MORE LEFT ..IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU
CONGRATS GIRL
I've killed my dragon...Deb has got hers on the run,  and I see your's in the corner couring from jd the couragous!  Lol

jd...opps forgot how to spell cower ~ that's doesn't look right either!  oh well I think you get the idea!  Lol

kimmy....you go girl ~ almost to the finish line!  I hope the rest of your tx goes well!

best of luck to you!
darla
What a wild ride this has been!  Do you suppose some day we'll look back on it and laugh?

I SCORN you, dragon.  You have no power over me - I laugh in your face and dare you to mess with me and mine.  Be gone, evil serpent!!!
I think if I ever get the flu I'll laugh!  The only sx my doc told me about is "your hair will fall, and you'll have flu like symptoms"  hahaha!  what a joke!  I think she left a few things out!  Lol

I think you got that serpent running with tail between legs!  Lol

So, girlie..How you feeling? Still good? No after effects from finishing up? Keep us posted, okay? (((((((((((HUGZ)))))))))                        ~Melinda
thanks for asking about me!  I'm having a bad day....I've been having problems with my eyes ~ they have been very blurry, red, and itchy for the past month.  I can hardley see anymore...now today I've developed a sty!  Oh joy something new and exciting everyday!  Lol  
I took a blood test today and hopefully my wbc are up enough to fight the infection.  Wow what a weird day....as I was leaving the lab after blood draw I felt something weird on my arm....it was blood running down my arm and dripping on the floor....I guess the vampire was sloppy today!  Should know my VL results next week....wish me luck!
So you're almost to the finish line as well....hoping the rest of tx goes smoothly for ya!  I'm looking forward to hearing your final results of UND!

Hugs all around...
darla