Hepatitis Social Community
checking in

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

checking in

hello all and hope tx is being kind to you. geno 1a and now on 52/72...only 20 left:) snowing here again and calling for a foot or more, two days of 50's and a glimpse of warmer weather..back to digging out lol...need spring soon. go for pcr next week and keeping fingers crossed...
for the women have had my friend? for past 2 weeks and its draining me. had cyroblation done 2 years ago and supposed to help but since txing its been all over the place told was pushed into menopause due to txing . need a hysterectomy but am waiting till after txing.
hope all is well with everyone and hang in there:)shelly
i can't imagine being on tx, let alone 72 wks, and living in a climate where i had to "dig out" from the snow. hope the last 20 weeks go well for you.
how has treatment been going - is it working for you?

x-chicagoan, rose
I didn't get a visit from my friend for 72 weeks + and I prayed and prayed I wouldn't even see it again but no early menopause for me dammit!

I'm sorry Shell I don't know anything about this stuff I sure wish I did and hope someone else does.
Glad to hear from you! I think I'd rather be snowed in than have  a two week log visitor. (Really can't think in friendly terms for that bodily function)
I had endometrial ablation (sp) which resolved that for me. It's an outpatient procedure.
Good luck with next weeks labs and keep us updated.
Bug
Hi stangshelly, I too am a Geno type 1a. I'm on wk 35 of 72. I had hysterectomy at an early age. In my thirties - probably had hepc then, but they weren't checking blood for hep c then. Have you had problems with hip, arms, and leg pain since you been on tx. I am suffering so much with my hip/groan area and now my arms. The pain is so intense that I'm wearing pain patches all over my body. I'm also taking antibiotics for the pain. If there is anyone here experiencing body pain as this, I would like to know. Thanks
I also had he endo ablation done about 3 years ago due to precancerous cells on cervix, they did a cone freeze on the spots and then ablation on my uterues which was the long freeze down to 2cm...I am worried it might be the cancer thing again. My Aunt passed away from this 7 years ago at John Hopkins and it was bad.
Bug I hope you are doing well :)

Bay  I have constant aches and pains I attribute to old age;) tx sure didn't help either but I am post 6 months of 72 weeks and undetected..I did take darvocette for the pain but have stopped post tx. I also have degen disc disease and shrunk 1 and a half inches ugh ! The pain sometimes is unbearable but i pop a few tylenol arthritis and it helps for awhile...best of luck :) shelly