Hepatitis Social Community
fatty liver infiltration

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

fatty liver infiltration

i dunno if this is the right forum but here goes my issue.

im 30. when i was 24 i was diagnosed wtih fatty liver infiltration. my sgpt was 300. i was prescribed godex by my doc. last year my sgpt waws already 66.

is there any chance the fatty liver infiltrate would recur? any chances for hep? cirrhosis?

i've been back drinking since december.

I had hep vaccine 3 in 2002, only 2 doses, i forgot the booster dose. i just got the booster dose last july. is it ok? am i hep protected? or do i have to get the 3 doses again?

thanks a lot for the help,
Alcohol is one cause of fatty liver, I'd stay away from drinking if you have already been diagnosed with it at such a young age.

Are you overweight? There is no known treatment or cure for fatty liver other than a radical change in eating habits and following a very healthy diet and getting regular exercise. Drinking and eating processed foods, saturated fats and refined sugars all make it worse.

Fatty liver can lead to fibrosis and to cirrhosis so it is very important that you change your lifestyle habits that are contributing to fatty liver increasing. You need to take it seriously, fatty liver is nothing to ignore.