Hepatitis Social Community
ground out under foot (what my brain feels like)

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

My hope of having someone accompany me to seattle are dashed again,Other than you all I am really in this alone.
If I can just get through the first apps, for the Battery there will be changes made in my life.I am going to start over!I can't depend on anyone.The person I carry on for is my daughter and myself of course and my son.They still need me so much and they are what make my life worth fighting for.
How can these people I have in my life choose other things than helping save my life?The answer is ....they really don't love me after all.
I love and care so much and i could not live with the guilt of knowing that I was denying comfort and aid to a suffering fellow being.
On the happy side.I have sent the money to my adopted african son and he has bought his first pregnant Ewe.I am so proud of him and the sheep...she is beautiful.it will change his life and his family's.He named her after me.I plan to buy him another so he will have a ram and can build his herd.I might him on My Space 4 years ago.Long enough to get to know him and that he was not a scammer,In the 4 years I have talked with him on the phone I have pics of all his brothers and sisters and his village.What a different world we live in.If I won the lottery I would go see him and bring him to my home for a visit.Love ya all.
It is good to hear from you, Snow.
Do you have an appointment yet for the tests in Seattle?
  Sorry to hear your going through a rough patch,I've been there before.Do you have any HCV support groups you can join in your area Many small towns have volunteer orgs. that offer assistance in driving folks to medical appointments or even your local churches might have some outreach programs and such.

Wishing you all the best.
  Have you contacted Social Services, In Home Supportive Services and Elder Care, about getting an In Home Care Provider?
   And I agree with DannyBoi, you really need a Support Group. I know you dont drink, but even A.A. would be better than nothing. There you could meet people that are clean and sober, and part of being clean and sober, is "giving back" to people, just like you do, with your adopted son.
     Right now you need to save yourself.  If you cant get IHSS to get
you a Care-Giver in time, do you have the funds to pay someone to accompany you, and to act as your Care-Giver?  Have you looked into any Help Organizations, that donate funds for compassionate causes, in your area?
Dannyboi7 had some great suggestions!  Wish I had some deep words of wisdom, not very good at that!!! Hang in there, new adventure??? Your in my thoughts. Love your lifestyle and your pics. Who could not love a dressed up dachsy!!  Keep truckin!! You can do it.
Are you just looking at somebody to go to your appointments with you, or were you needing somebody to help you make that drive?  I live in Gig Harbor, so I could at least meet you in Seattle and help you, if that helps at all?

Just let me know.  :)

Jillybean.
I just re-read your post.  By the sounds of it, you may be needing to help driving over the mountains during winter.  :(  Are there any buses from way up there?  If so, if you could get to this side, I would be willing to pick you up and make sure you could make it to your appointments, and help get you back to where you need to be to make it back home?

Just a thought.      
I have so far not been given my apppointment times for the battery.I can get to Seattle on the shuttle bus that leaves Wenatchee every morning.No problem there.The next issue is staying there for 3 days in a Motel.I have looked into it and called the coodinator,there are several low cost (69.00) dollars a night. It could be more than 3 days because of arrival times and departure times for the shuttle I  mean if I miss it for the dayI will have to stay another day.Next is someone to accompany me to the apps and show that I have support.
Later in my illness I will have my mom by my side for any serious illness of the transplant but she is 73 and I can't see her coming all this way at this time.I am also counting on some of my kids to show up when they see I am on a waiting list.I also have a childhood friend that has offered to come.Once I get home Griz will be my caregiver but initially I do'nt know who will help.I am sure Seatte is gonna want to know these things at next app.
I had thought my sweet son would go to the battery with me but recently he suffered a mental breakdown.He is rambling and talking to himself and is so far out there he believes that people are touching his thoughts and body.I am afraid he is paranoid shcizophrenic.He won't go to mental health.
I also had my step daughter who has never let us down who will go with me when time comes just not now.Her son is a runaway and she is going through hell with him.
I have a flexible job.  I can help.  Just send me an email with the details.  :)