hair and post tx??
Hi everyone....i'm geno 3 had been off tx for 1 month after 24 weeks peg n riba...feeling great right now, all tx sx have been faded gradually, but i still have problems with hair falling out,, i have hair loss for about 3 months now....u all experience this also???do u guys wash ur hair often or just 1-2 times each week, does washing hair too often makes it more falling out???what do you do to prevent or at least reduce the hair loss problem???those who have post tx, how long does it take for your hair to grow back...this is stressing me out.....thanks y all...
Relax a bit, pal.   I lost a lot of hair as well.  I do NOT believe washing it will increase the loss.  Oh, only slightly just because you're rubbing, activating it, etc.  But that's gonna fall out anyway.  I'm a guy (I'm pretty sure) and I ALWAYS wash my hair every morning and night.  (Tends to be oily.)  I know of nothing that can prevent hair loss.  My hair normalized about 6 months after I stopped %$#& interferon.  Don't over-obsess on the hair loss.  You'll be just fine.
blumax hit it on the nose!
I txed for 48 weeks continued to lose my hair for about 6 or 7 weeks post...it will slowly stop .....
Make sure if you can that your thyroid numbers are ok - that is when I lost the majority of my hair.  At 4 months post my hair was growing back like wildfire.  It didn't happen in a week but....

The people with the best hair in the world advise you to wash your hair ONLY every three days if possible.  I can't because I end up looking like Rod Stewart but...I work at corporate in the professional hair care biz and that's what they say.

and the women who do do that - have the most gorgeous sleek hair of them all.  I hate them sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)
My hair started thinning several years before diagnosis for hcv.  I suspect that my body's own naturally produced interferon was the cause - or maybe it was hormonal.  In any event, right after stopping tx, my hair started falling out massively for about a month.  It also became bone straight, whereas all my life I'd had curly hair.  Now, 4 months after quitting, the curls are returning, and I can't see my scalp through the hair anymore. I've been told it can take about a year to really regain your original texture and fullness, depending on the length of your hair.
My hair is growing pretty well.  I wasn't on treatment for long enough this last time to effect my hair any.  It had been 11 mon. prior to that treatment since I'd treated previously.   It was weird because I've always had very straight, fine hair and when it did fall out treatment before last, it grew back in extremely wavy.  Then, I had these pieces where the new hair was bumping up the straight hair where it was wavy underneath.  It started driving me nuts all the time it was taking me to style it.  I made the decision to go and get layers put in to try to blend it better.  That was the ticket.  It's working out a lot better for me now.  I just need to go and get another hair cut!!

This time of year and with having mostly fine hair, I still have to wash and blow dry it every other day, or it looks really bad.  It's so humid here in FL and I can't stand it going that many days.  In the cooler months, I can get by with going 2 days in between.

Susan