Hepatitis Social Community
hep c genotype 1

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

hep c genotype 1

who out there has it and who has a success story and who has a failure story.
Cured 3 years of geno1A and geno1B.

You will find most of the folks that have been cured have long moved on and only some of us remain to try and give advice to the new guys.

I think most people on here are currently treating.

Cured 3 years of geno1A and geno1B.

Hi, I am diagnosed with hep c 1 not sure a or b, grade 1 stage 1 two years ago, I have not been able to treat and I am waiting for a study, no luck yet.
I'm about to get another blood test to look at my ALT and AST, scared, what can one do.  
the health care system is this country is lagging behind, my job does not provide nor do I make enough to pay.
Now thats a good question/ problem you have. Im wondering if med a care or med a ?caid could help you and if you would qualify. do you live in the united states? I myself now have bluecross'blueshield. But I could loose that in november. And have to look to cobra, dont know how i could swing that being abusive hubby went to jail and i had' have no income. Heres another one to wonder about. once you are diognoised with a illiness insurance companies call it a pre existing condition and wont cover it. I bet nygirl7 or someone else would know the awnser for what u need awnsered. good luck Mary4now. god bless you. dont drink or use tylenol and such meds
tomorro I get to go see the gas/liver doc. I dont know why im going. I dont take my beloved pets to a vet I dont like. I havnt a clue what he is going to do or see me for. he had move lots of blood pulled last week when I had my liver biopsy. Ive read alot about this hep c on this site and others. good god the side effects sound worse than the desease. I have never had a headache in my life that was not from too much booze or a toothache or a headache or just getting a hit in the head. I guess ive been blessed. Ive never been suacidal or depressed.another blessing. I love food and I even like sushi. I cant imagine no taste buds. Oh im going to see that doc because my doc says she dosnt know of any other docs available out here. Ive been wondering if my Vet would help me. lol But i trust him more. My liver doc cut me off and told me to look on internet (but I live in the country and was completly computer illiteriate)
I have registered with our local center for a study should it come to our area.  I do not drink at all, tylenol a little when I have a headache, the hepatologist actually said tylenol is the preferred NSAID as long as you dont take to much.  I/m hoping to get into the study with the PI's since i have genotype 1 and i hope to receive the care that goes with it.  I cannot afford a dr. at this point.  I probably make to much $$ I thought i qualified for indigent care but now I'm not sure.  I make $400 p/wk, and most of that goes to my mortgage.  I cant sell my house right now either.  Its a bind I also live with my 87 yr. old mom, who is my best friend, but I cant stop right now to figure out how to treat.  
If my blood work is bad I will have to take another look. It seems like evreryone has a pretty heavy burden in this life, definitely some heavier than others.   No way of getting around it, life is tough.  I just put one foot in front of the other and try to do my best whatever that is.

Thanks 4 your comment nygirl7. Its sweet of you to have stayed on for the newbies. while others moved on.( Hopefully there still alive) I cant believe you had geno1 a and b wow and you beat that. That makes me think maybe i should treat. My doc said geno1 is the most common and the hardest one to cure. And wow you had 2 of em. You look fabulous too. How do you feel now? how long did you have 2 treat and did you only have 2 do it once. Do you know if med a care pays for treatment.
ditto NY girl, how did you do it? I'm interested in people who do not have insurance or the $$ to receive follow up care during treatment. How do you do it?
Diagnosed in 2003 Geno 1a with a VL of 430,000. I had both low stage and grade. Thought I was the perfect poster child for reaching SVR. Went through 48 weeks interferon and ribavirin 2006-2007. Relapsed 3 months after treatment ended.  Some of us respond well and some of us don't.  Roll of the dice I guess.  What we learn about ourselves during treatment though was worth the journey but it's not something I would recommend for those with low stage and grade.  I did mine because I just wanted to rid my body of this disease ( as many people on this forum did) but education about HCV is important for anyone diagnosed.  The more you know, the better you can react.  Right now I'm coexisting with my dragon and who knows what the future will hold but,  we take life one day at a time.   Teuf
Geno 1a, VL about 1.5million IU/mL, treated for 56 weeks -- 100% compliant, clear by about week 20 -- relapsed.

Currently waiting for the PI's to be made available without a trial - should be next year, I think.

frijole
Diagnosed April 2008, Geno 1b, with a VL of 30,100, Grade 1/Stage 1.  Started treatment September 2008 and was undetectable by week 4.  Finished 48 weeks of treatment in August 2009 and, to this date, I am undetectable for virus.  I believe I got Hep C 55 years ago from a transfusion.  My LFTs had been elevated since the 70's.
I was a geno type 1-a. I am clear, I was only able to complete 41 treatments. I started treatment last year, was clear in march of this year. Please make sure to do your labs
to follow your blood counts, and have a good Doctor. I did not have a good Doctor, and I
knew it. You know your body better than anyone, listen to your body, and stay positive.
God bless you, and good luck.